Ch. 28: Sign of love

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

           After admitting her true feeling to him, everything around them seems to change. The ways she looks have change; it have become more sweeter, lovelier, and affectionate. It’s all different now. Nothing to worry about except for one thing, getting caught by the people they loves. Getting caught is what she fear the most. She knows Taecyeon is not afraid of anything. He is a daring man, but sometime a daring man have fear. Just sitting in his car as they head to school, she let those fearful thought slide away and try to live in their present love moment.

            Driving into a parking lot far away from the entrance, Taecyeon turn off the engine and face her. Without a word, he kisses her lips passionately. Yoona was surprise for a bit then reply back with the same passion. Their passionate kiss was unexpected but shortly break. He back away with a smile while she blushed.

            “Where did you learn all of this?” Yoona shyly asked.    

            He just shrugged.

            “I’m slowing doubting you again.” Yoona . “You’re so good with everything. Maybe I should rethink about you again. ”

            His eyes shocked wide—jaw dropped—and his was face was literally ashen. His body shakes for a little bit thinking she meant what she said. Yoona immediately giggles to his fast reaction.  

            “What are you laughing at?” He asked in a cold and unpleasant tone.

            “You should have seen you face, it was really funny.” Yoona was still laughing at him.

            Taecyeon sighed hopelessly. “If you keep this up, my heart might not make to the next month. Then we’ll see who is laughing when one of us goes missing. You never know, I could be like my omma.”

            The smiles on her face vanish and become serious. With her eyes glaring at him, she pulls her hand back and cross her arms at her chest. Taecyeon nervously gulp and watch her rationally leave the car in anger. He immediately give a chase—reaching his right arm out and grab hers. He stopped her.

            “Why do you get mad when I joke with you?” He cluelessly asked.

            “Because the way you joke around is not acceptable. You can’t use death to joke around. It’s like you’re cursing yourself to be like her.” Yoona angrily shouted at him.

            “Mianhe. I won’t do it again.” Taecyeon quickly apologized.

            Yoona ignored him with her face turn away from his.

            Taecyeon hopelessly sighed. “After classes, I want to take you somewhere.” He said. Yoona was still ignoring him. “Yoona.” He called, hoping to get her to face him. “I’m going to kiss you in public if you keep ignoring me.”

            Immediately, Yoona look at him. “Where are you taking me?” She asked.

            “Somewhere.” He gave a weak smile.

            “Do I know that place? Will there be people there?” She asked.

            Taecyeon give her his thinking face before answering her. “Maybe, but likely, no.” He answered. “I think you know that place too and I’m pretty sure you’ve been there before.”

            His words left her puzzle as she look at him. She tries to think of the place he knew she have been to, but the only thing she could think of is the mall or theater or the restaurant they’ve too. Seeing her so focus in her thinking, he move his head lower to her left ear.

            “Are you still mad?” He asked.

            Feeling his hot breath tickling her ear, it reddens her cheeks and ears as she shyly smiles.

            “Should I kiss you as apology?”

            Yoona nervously gulp and give him a push. Shyly and secretively hiding her smiles, she walks away. Taecyeon caught her shyly smiling cause him to smile. He is definitely getting good with handling her unexpected temper. He watches her a bit until he sees a familiar figure pass her standing at the entrance and waving his hand excitedly in the air. It was Seulong. Taecyeon rubs his temporal ridge before he walks up to him.

            Sooyoung walking up to the entrance of the school spotted Yoona walking alone. She hurriedly runs up to her with smiles across her face.

            “Yoona.” Sooyoung called her.

            Yoona was startle by her a little and quickly turn and look at her. “Sooyoung.” She nervously chuckle.

            Seeing her strange face, Sooyoung sense something wrong. “What’s wrong?” She asked.

            Yoona lightly shook her head. “Nothing.”

            “Really? I called you after you and Taecyeon left that night but you didn’t answer. I called you the next day and you didn’t answered either. Is there something wrong between you and Taecyeon? Did he lock you up?” Sooyoung curiously asked.

            Yoona nervously shook her head with a weak nervous smile. “No nothing happen.” She stuttered nervously.

            “So how did it go? What did Taecyeon do? What did he say to you after carrying you home?” Sooyoung continues to ask.

            “Nothing much. We just had an argument before…..” She stopped and take a moment to rethink what she was going to said to her. “Before I run to my room and lock myself in there until my anger is gone.” She lied.

            Sooyoung suspiciously looked at her before she nods her head, believing her. Taecyeon then walks up to the girls—passed them but before he passed them completely, he turn and glance at Yoona with passion with a warm weak smile as if it’s a love sign before he walks up to Seulong. Sooyoung, who was beside her, caught the looked and confusedly observes the shy Yoona looking down at the ground. Yoona shyly look up and watch him and Seulong enter the building before se face Sooyoung and sees her staring at her.

            “What?” Yoona said.

            “You tell me.” Said Sooyoung.

            “There’s nothing to tell you.” Said Yoona before she resumed walking to the entrance.

            “Yes there is. You are hiding something from me.” Sooyoung noisily persisted.

            “No I’m not.” Yoona happily shook her head, continuing to play with Sooyoung.

            “Tell me.” Sooyoung pleaded. “Who won your heart?”

            Yoona stopped and turn to look at Sooyoung. The only answer Yoona give was a smile before she walks away.

            “Yah! Yoona tell me.” Sooyoung shout as she pursued her.

            Sooyoung continues to ask her for an answer, but Yoona refuse to tell her anything. Standing in front of her locker, Yoona turn her head and look down at where Taecyeon is. She flash a sweet smile at him before closing her locker and walk to her first class with Sooyoung nosily asking from question to another.

            In theater class, Taecyeon tries to stand as close as he could to Yoona, even if there is a person in between, he still count as close. They share glances at each other. And each time Yoona shyly smiles, Sooyoung caught and grew even more suspicious but does not pressure her.

            Suzy, who have been trying to get Taecyeon attention since the beginning of class, had enough and walks up to him. She cut of the line between him and Yoona, and glare directly into his eyes.

            “How come you leave so early that night?” Suzy asked.

            Taecyeon ignored her and walked away to the other side of the room.

            “Why did you chase after her? I’m the light of that night, not her.” Suzy jealously said.

            Taecyeon ignored her again by reading off his textbook while Yoona nervously yet invidiously watches from a short distant. Suzy attitude and voice level have cause quite some attention to her and Taecyeon.

            “Answer me. Why did you chase after her? What is she to you?” Suzy demandingly asked.

            Taecyeon stopped what he is doing and shot a quick glance at every body in the room then one last look at Yoona, who is puzzlingly looked at him, before she walks away from the crowd to the back. Suzy angrily followed him to the back. Yoona watches her followed Taecyeon to the back, somehow, her body moves with her command as if it has a mind of its own.

            Hearing a heavy sharp noise following him, Taecyeon stop and turn around. He face her directly with cold stares. “What do you want?”

            “I want to know if I ever have a place in your heart. What does she have that I don’t?”  Suzy angrily said.

            “She has a warm comfortable feeling. Her smiles warm my heart. Her kindness fluttered my heart.” Taecyeon answered her question wholeheartedly. “Because there is only one Yoona in this worry. The only one that I love.”

            His words hurt her. Suzy eyes shakes in sadness. She gripped her fist tightly and bite her bottom lips as she stare angrily and hurtfully at him.

            “I’ve been going after you for years. Trying to get your attention for years. Setting my heart for you for years, but I still can’t…. I still can’t win against her, who only exist for less than a year.” Said Suzy hurtfully.

            “Mianhe.” Taecyeon apologized. “You are good to me, but I can’t accept your feeling. I can see you as my little sister, a friend, but nothing more than that. Love cannot be force. If my destiny has come there is nothing that can stop it. So I hope you leave Yoona alone.”

            Suzy cocked her head to the side and huff before she face him again. “I did nothing to her.”

            “You did. I know it was you that sent people to hurt her. I know Thunder is one of your people. I know you planned everything.” Taecyeon exposed her wickedness. “And I know you purposely invited Yoona to the party. So no matter what you do, it would change how I feel about her. I will protect her from harm. I will love her till the very last breath.” Suzy jaw dropped unbelievably. “If you do anything to hurt her again then I will never see you a friend ever again.” He warned her before he walks back to the main room but stopped when he sees Yoona standing on the side with her hands at her chest.

            Yoona was speechless as she tries to balance on her two feet. She eyes trembles in happiness as she looks at him. For a second earlier, she feared she would lose him to Suzy but now it is all clear. She does not have to worry if he ever leave her side in the future.

            “Yoona.” Taecyeon softly called her. He gives her “Trust me,” looked.

            Yoona could only smiles at him. She nodded her head lightly as if she actually understood what he was asking her. With those lovely eyes of her to him, she walks up to him, tiptoe to his tall height, and quickly give him a light kiss on his lip before any one comes or Suzy leaving the room.

            “Yoona.” Sooyoung shouted as she runs up to her. Her paces slow down when she sees Taecyeon standing in front of Yoona and Suzy walking out from the back room.

            “Taecyeon!” Seulong excitedly shouted as he runs up Taecyeon at a very fast speed. “What took you so long?” He asked.

            Daze by her unexpected kiss, Taecyeon shook himself from fantasy and looked abruptly at Seulong. “I couldn’t find what I need.”

            “What did you need?” Seulong nosily asked as he looked in the back room and sees Suzy stares with hate at Yoona before she walks off. “I smell smoke. Did she say anything to you?” He asked again.

            “Nothing much.” Taecyeon coldly answered. 

            “You did clarify everything out with her right?” Seulong asked. “Or else she will keep bothering you.”

            Taecyeon sighed hopelessly and walks back into the stage. Seulong cluelessly watch him leave for a moment before his eyes fixed onto Yoona and Sooyoung.

            “Did you girls hear anything?” Seulong asked.

            Sooyoung give a shrug while Yoona quickly shook her head no. “Wait, you were here you must have heard what they were talking about right?” She asked Yoona.

            “No I didn’t.” Yoona lied. “I was in the other room.”

            “That . I want to know what they were talking about. I’m hoping he give her an answered or else there will be more trouble if he didn’t.” Said Seulong.

            Yoona smiles but quickly wipe it off her face and walks away before they caught her smiling again. Walking back to the stage, Yoona’s cellphone vibrate. She take her phone out form her back pocket and open the message.

            “I thought you said we can’t publicly show our relationship but you kissed me in public. —Taecyeon.” After reading his message, Yoona warmly smiles as she replied back to his message.

            “I did. But I didn’t say we can’t do any of those stuff in public. I only said to hide our relationship, not stop kissing you. Anyway, you were the first to kissed me in public. —Yoona.” 

            Taecyeon smiles “Yeah I did, but that kissed was in the car, not outside where people can see us. –Taecyeon.”

            Yoona cutely pout as she reply to him again, “Well, if you don’t like it then I will stop >(. –Yoona.”

            “No don’t stop. I like it. Mianhe Yoona, don’t be mad. I love you Yoona. –Taecyeon.” 

            This time she smiles widely, she stop herself from smiling. “You are really too much. –Yoona.” She send the message before Sooyoung caught up with her. She put her phone away.

            “Who were you texting?” Sooyoung curiously asked.

            “My mom.” She lied.

            Sooyoung suspiciously pout. “When did you get a new phone? What happen to the old one?” she asked again.

            “Somehow it didn’t want to work anymore.” Yoona nervously said. “So I bought a new one.”

            Sooyoung suspicious nodded her head lightly with pout again. “Somehow, I smell loves in this auditorium. I smell something secretive and I’m going to find out with my detective mind.” She confidently said.

            Yoona lightly laughs, “You seriously should be a detective or a policewoman. You always like to act like one of them.” She said.

            “I do, but only for fun or when I want to find out about something.” Said Sooyoung.

            “Well, have fun.” Said Yoona before she walks to the red seat and read the textbook.

            “Oh I will.” Sooyoung confidently said with playful nods. She take a sniff and smell something stink. She turns around and sees a male student just walks pass here and the smell grew stronger. Immediately she covers her nose. “Yah! Go to the bathroom and finish your problem there. You stink!”

 

To be continue…………………