Ch. 34: Caught

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

           Standing in front of her locker, she twists and turns the locks from left to right.

            “Yoona!” Sooyoung happily shouted as she run down the hallway to Yoona.

            Turning her head to Sooyoung, she smiles as she watches Sooyoung inhaling and exhaling heavily, trying to catch her breath.

            “Calm down.” Yoona patted her shoulder lightly before she turn back to her locker and open the door. She freezes in surprise for a moment upon seeing Taecyeon drawing notebook in her locker.

            “Guess What! Guess What!” Sooyoung excited tone urge Yoona to break her moment and look at her.

            “What is it? Did you win a lottery?” Yoona made a guessed.

            “Pfft. I wish.” Said Sooyoung. “No. Siwon is coming today. I bump into at your parent show last night and he told me he was coming to visit us today at lunch.”

            Yoona smiles slowly disappeared but looking past her, she sees Taecyeon looking at her as if he heard everything Sooyoung said. Yoona nervously gulp and look back at Sooyoung who is still happily smiling.

            “That—That is really great.” Yoona stuttered nervously trying to avoid Taecyeon deadly glares.    

            “I know right.” Sooyoung clapped her hand. “I haven’t seen him for almost since you dated….”

            “Yeah.” Yoona immediately jump in, cutting her off. “Anyway, let’s not talk about me dating.”

            She turn back to her locker and grab her few notebooks included Taecyeon’s drawing notebook then close her locker.

            Sooyoung walks with her to their first class. “Why not? But anyway, I found out that Suzy also know about you and Taecyeon dating each other yet she didn’t said or exposed you guys.” She curiously said.

            Worriedly holding her books in her arms, Yoona think carefully to why Suzy did not expose them.

            “This is very confusing and suspicious. Could it be?”

            Yoona looks at her, “Could it be what?”

            “Could it be that she’s waiting for something? Could it be that she’s planning something?” Sooyoung guessed.

            Yoona slightly tilt her head to the side and let out a soft sighed. “I really don’t know. I just hope nothing bad will happen... just not yet.”

            Sitting in class, Yoona carefully and observantly goes through Taecyeon’s drawing notebook. Warmly and secretively smiling as she rest her chin on her right palm and read the little note on the upper right corner of the page after a glance at his drawing.

            The first page is a drawing of his mom stone with him sitting next to her. “Omma, today is my 18th birthday. It has been four years already. I miss you omma.

            The second page is his mom birthday. “Omma, today is February 12th: your birthday. Today I’m sitting beside you looking at the clouds roaming beautifully over us. It’s really beautiful omma. I see a lot of things, a lot of shape.’”

            Third page are his envies of others. “Omma, is there hope in this world? I see a lot of things. I see smiles, laughter, sadness, tears, and pains. But I don’t see hope anywhere.”

            After reading that little note, Yoona felt grieve at her heart. She continues on the next couple pages without reading the note. Yoona stop her hand when she arrives when she sees her face. Looking at the top right corner of the page, she reads the note again.

            “Omma, do you believe in angel existence? I think I do. Today, I see an angel in front of me. I don’t know why, but I can’t stop myself from looking at her. I feel my heart beating again. I hear the sound of joy again. Could it be… hope?”

            With a smile on her face, Yoona continue to flip to the next page.

            “Night at the camp with family—Omma, I hear her in my head. I can hear her heart. I can feel her heart eventhough I’m not that close to her. My heart drop dead when I saw her drowning. Why do I feel this way? I can’t breath. I can’t be myself anymore.”

            “Omma, it hurts. My heart hurts. What is happening to me? I should have never tried. I should have pulled myself back when I knew I was falling for her. I feel cold. Please help me omma.”

            Her heart skips many beats after reading that last sentence. This feeling is very familiar, so familiar that she even knew what he wrote this. She have hurt him and hurt her that day.

            “Yoona.” Sooyoung whispered after seeing her strange facial expression. “Gwaenchan-ah?”

            Yoona take a deep breath before she looks at her. “I’m fine.” She answered in the same voice level.

            Sooyoung nodded her head lightly before looking down at the book Yoona have been paying attention too.

            “What is this?” Sooyoung asked. “Who’s drawing is this? He or she is really good.” Looking up at the right corner of the paper, she read the little note. “Is this Taecyeon-sshi notebook?”

            Yoona lightly nod. “He put it in my locker.” She smiles.

            “How did he know your locker combination?” Sooyoung curiously asked.

            Yoona shrugged. “I don’t know. He has his own way.”

            “Anyway, he’s really good at drawing. He drew you so perfect, better than the real life version of Im Yoona.” Sooyoung teased.

            “Yah.” Yoona narrow her eyebrows as she looks at Sooyoung. “I’m pretty in real life. 100% perfect.” She confidently said.

            Sooyoung give a fake vomit and lightly her chest. “You really have no shame.” She jokingly said. “Anyway, I didn’t know he is an artist.”

            “He’s not. He only draws when he feels unhappy or happy.” Said Yoona as she looks at the book again and flip to the next page.

            “How do you know?” Sooyoung asked.

            “Because I’ve been reading the little note he wrote.” Yoona answered. Continuing to flips a couple more page, “it’s like a story. All written in many different kind of mood—feeling.”

            “Wow, you really understand your boyfriend very well.” Sooyoung nodded her head with envy. “Anyway, how are you and him doing under the same roof with your parents back now?”

            “Unexpected.” Yoona gave a short answered. “He is really unexpected. I can never guess what he would next. Last night, he insisted for a good night kiss and we chat the whole night.”

            “You let him in? Yah, is he that or something.”

            “No. No. The door was closed; he and I sat back to back against the door. We talk over the phone. He told me many stories and other things that kept me entertain and laughing.” Yoona explained.

            “Wow, it sound like he is an idealistic boyfriend and a great husband you’ve been looking for.” Said Sooyoung. Yoona shyly blushed. “Girl, you make dating your step-sibling under the same roof sound so fun.”

            Yoona give a weak smile before she gives her full attention to his drawing again.

* * * *

            Sitting in the cafeteria, Seulong, Taecyeon, and Yoona happily chat while Sooyoung with an anxious face, looking around the room for someone special.

            “Sooyoung, what’s wrong? Who are you waiting for?” Yoona curiously asked.

            “Siwon oppa.” Sooyoung quickly answered.

            Taecyeon face quickly sour after Siwon name mention in front of him. Yoona snap a quick glance at him before she speak again.

            “Sooyoung ah, do you like Siwon oppa?” Yoona asked.

            “Of course, he’s a cool and handsome and gentleman.” Sooyoung praised.

            Yoona smiles. “I mean in another way.”

            “Wh—what other way?” Sooyoung nervously stuttered.

            “Nevermind.” Yoona smiles. “I have the answer already.”

            Sooyoung give her a grin before she looks at the entrance and sees Siwon enter holding onto a bag on his right hand. “Siwon oppa!” Sooyoung jolt to her feet and happily wave at him.

            Yoona look at Taecyeon and sees his head facing the table. “What’s wrong? Jealous?”

            Taecyeon give an annoying look at the window before he looks her. “No.” He answered in a dull tone. Yoona smiles at him before she looks the opposite way and sees Siwon.

            “Annyoung.” Siwon greeted Sooyoung with a smile and a wave before he looks over at Yoona with a forceful smile. “Annyoung Yoona.”

            Sooyoung jolt to her feet and pull Siwon to chair beside her. “Oppa sit.” She said.

            “Oppa, I—we haven’t seen you for a long time.” Sooyoung whined.

            “Mianhe. I’ve been busy with family business.” Siwon lied.

            “Well, it’s good you came today. I thought somebody have kidnapped you.” Sooyoung jokingly said.

            Siwon lightheartedly smiles before he looks at Yoona with sad eyes. “How have you been?” He asked.

            “Good.” Yoona calmly answered. “You look miserable. I hope everything is okay.”

            “Everything is fine.” Siwon immediately answered without taking his eyes off her.

            Taecyeon frustratedly taps his fingers onto the table like horse running on the field. By a glance at him, Yoona knew he felt uncomfortably and dislike Siwon being here. However, that glance did not bother her instead entertain her in someway that makes her try to hold her smiles back. Seulong, sitting across the table, quietly observe the two of them.

            “Anyway, what are doing later?” Sooyoung break the silent.

            “Heading back to the hotel, I have a couple wedding event coming up.” Said Siwon. He looks at Yoona then Sooyoung, “Do you girls want to come and see? I can guide you girls around.”

            “Of course!” Sooyoung happily said.

            Siwon smiles at Sooyoung and turn to look at Yoona, “Yoona, what about you?” He waits for her answer. Taecyeon take a quick peek at Yoona but quickly look away when he sees her turning her head to him.

            “Oppa, do you want to come with me?” Yoona asked almost in a whispered tone.

            Taecyeon gritted his teeth as he glares fiercely at the table. Yoona, await for his answer, sneak her right hand down under the table and grab onto his shirt and yank it lightly a couple time.

            “No.” Taecyeon answered in a dull yet cold tone, trying to hide his jealousy.

            “Psst.” Seulong whispered to Taecyeon. “Don’t be jealous, you got the girl already. What’s there to be jealous of? He can’t steal her away from you.” He playfully smiles at him.

            Taecyeon flashed an annoying glare at him before ignoring him. Seeing Seulong mouth quietly moving, Yoona look at Taecyeon and read his facial expression before she looks back at Siwon.

            “Mianhe Siwon oppa, I can’t. I just remember I have to meet up with someone later.” Yoona answered Siwon questioned.  Siwon disappointedly nod. She look at Taecyeon, “Oppa, I’m going to the library. Do you want to come with me? I need help with this subject.” She asked.

            Taecyeon dumbly looks up her. Yoona smiles and slightly signal him to stand up with her head. Seulong give him a kick. Taecyeon startle and quickly stand up. Yoona smile and walks to the nearest exit.

            “It’s obvious you’re stupid.” Seulong mocked at him.

            Taecyeon flash a glare at him before he quickly went after Yoona.

           

            “Yoona.” Taecyeon runs up to her.

            “I thought you’re ignoring me.” Said Yoona in an unhappy face.

            “I’m not. It’s just that….”

            “Just because Siwon oppa is there doesn’t mean my feeling will change.”

            “I know, it just the way he looks at you make me uncomfortable. I don’t like it.”

            Yoona stop and stare straight into his eyes. “Ignore the way he look at me. I only care the way you look at me.” 

            Hearing her say that make him happy and at peace. He take a step forward and was about to reach for her hand but stop when he sees people bypasses.

            “Mianhe.” He apologized. He give a weak smile hoping to lighten her mood. “How about we go somewhere else?”

            A smile flash across her face, she let out a weak exhale before she nod and continues the path with him. Siwon unpleasantly and jealously watch Taecyeon and Yoona walks happily side by side.

            “Oppa, have you eaten yet?” Sooyoung asked.

            Siwon draws his attention back to Sooyoung. “Umm… no not yet.”

            “Here, you can have my lunch.” Sooyoung offered portion of her meal to Siwon. Siwon happily accepted.

* * * *

            Walking down the stairs after a shower, Taecyeon pass walk the living room into the kitchen room after seeing Yoona chopping veggies.

            “What are you doing? Where is appa and Mrs. Im?” Taecyeon asked.

            “Making dinner.” Yoona stopped what’s she’s doing and looks at him. “I think they’re on their way home.”

            “Oh.” He gave a stiff nodded.

            “Oppa, why can’t you call omma as your omma instead of Mrs. Im?” She asked.

            “I don’t know.” He reluctantly said. “Anyway, you’re making dinner?” Taecyeon shockingly looked at her.

            “Oppa!” Yoona pouted.

            Taecyeon lightly smiles as he walks up to her and wrap his arms around her waist and a peck on her right cheek. “Just kidding. What are you making for dinner?”

            Yoona slightly turn her head to him and smiles, “Your favorite.” 

            “Do you need help?” He asked.

            Yoona mildly shakes her head, “No. I think I can handle this.”

            Taecyeon smiles as he turn her body around and move his body closer to her. Staring into her in eyes that sparkles like the shiniest star in the sky. He lowers his head—resting his forehead on hers. Just by the looks of his eyes, Yoona knew what he had in mind and smiles.

            “My hands are dirty.” Yoona whispered.

            “I can shower again. It’s rare that we’re home alone. I don’t want to waste this change of us being alone together.” He said in a small tone that gives a very low and gentle voice.  He lowers his head closer, leaving only an inch away before he touches her lips. “Saranghamnida.” He whispered.

            Tamed by his eyes and hot breaths that are brushing against her lips, she felt her body temperature increasing dramatically but, somehow, this feeling inside of her is itching her heart. This feeling that frightens her. Just a look in his innocent, yet deeply in love eyes makes her sadden just thinking about them separating. She wishes if only they were not…brother and sister…. by law.

            She closes her eyes, ready to accept his passion kiss any moment soon. In the next second, he brushes his lips softly over her. Slowly and gently moving his lips over her as he secures his arms around her skinny curve body. Moving her arm around his neck but kept her hands away from him, her lips replies in the same passion.

            A click and a hand push the door open. Four feet walks into the house with bags in their hands. A little down the hall, suddenly, from smiles turn into shock. Bags drop to the floor, making a middle-low noise that shock Yoona body and waken her up from her love life. Immediately, their eyes flew open and Yoona turn around to see who is was at the same time she hope it is not who she thinks is but only to her disappointment. Only just a moment ago, they were happy and lovingly smiles at each other but a moment later everything turns sour and shudder.

 

To be continue…………