Ch. 39: If that's what you want

운명의 순간 The Moment of Destiny

         The next day, waking up from her tearful and misery sleep. Yoona got out of bed and, gently and quietly, she walks to Taecyeon room. She came to a stop when his door peaked open. Out of curious, she walks over to his room and, in a light push, the door slide open. It was empty with the curtain flying against the cold wind. The whole night, he stayed awaked with cold wind blowing in his room. It was a very cold night. A quiet sighed, she closed the door and went to the bathroom and wash up and get ready for school.

          Sitting in class, doodling on her notebook like usually with Taecyeon absent and the mess she’s in; it’s unsolvable for now. For now, all she can do is go through his drawing book over and over again. Lunchtime hit, 2/3 of the students were in the cafeteria including Taecyeon and Seulong. The room was noisy as usually, nothing have change, but there is a distant in the room. A distant that seems so long, so far that can’t be reach. Just with glances at each other, it was the only words spoken to each other.

         “This is not working out at all. Dude, avoiding her will not help you move on at all.” Said Seulong as he eat his lunch. “It’s either time for you to except the truth and attend classes, or just drop out of class and move to a different university.”

          Taecyeon looked away. Yoona sighed as she looked down at her tray, suddenly, she feel a pressure at her chest rushing its’ way up .

          “Are you okay?” Sooyoung asked.

          Yoona covered as she feels that pressure at her chest up again. She shook her head lightly with her right hand press at her chest.  

          “Morning sickness?” Sooyoung gave her an odd look.

          “I guess so.” Said Yoona.

          “So how are you and Taecyeon situation?” Sooyoung asked.

          Yoona heavily signed. “We had a talk last night after he came back with cuts and bruises from the bar. Then suddenly we lost control and kissed.”

          “Kissed?” Sooyoung eyes wide at Yoona.

          “More like a goodbye kiss.”

          Sooyoung sighed and nodded her head lightly. Yoona felt another pressure rushing up . Both oddly looked at each other until Yoona feel like vomiting. She rushes into the restroom. Just then Siwon enter the cafeteria and see Taecyeon and Seulong sitting at the far end while Sooyoung at the other far end. With Yoona absent, Siwon decided to walk over to Taecyeon and stood in front of the table. Taecyeon and Seulong look and see a smile Siwon in front of them.

          “I think you’re at the wrong table.” Said Seulong.

          “I actually at the right table.” Said Siwon. He switch his attention to Taecyeon, “There is something I need to talk to you about.”

           “I’m not interested in it.” Taecyeon stonily answered.

           “Well, It has something to do with Yoona.” Siwon calmly said. “Have she ever told you about a night she had with me.”

          Taecyeon grind his teeth as his breath becomes heavy with eyes filled with fire.

          “I guess she didn’t tell you then.” Said Siwon. “Then let me tell you. That night, it was probably the best night I ever had with her. She enjoyed and so did I. She told me she remembered that night vividly as if it was yesterday.” Looking at Taecyeon fierce face, Siwon knew it was hitting him. “Heads up, I think you should give up soon. It’s impossible between you two. Between the two of us, we both know who she will end up with. You and her are impossible.” Before Siwon can say another words, Taecyeon jolt to his feet and throw a punch across Siwon face, sending him back a couple feet.

           Seulong immediately jump to his feet and hold Taecyeon back. People nearby move back away from the fight while others move forward to see what was going on. Siwon got back on his feet and wipe the small blood off the corner of his lip. Taecyeon angrily push Seulong away and charge at Siwon, tackling him to the floor—angrily punches his face. Siwon push Taecyeon of him and immediately get back on his feet. Everyone surround them, Seulong rush to the front of the crowed and sees Taecyeon fighting with Siwon fiercely.

            “Angry because everything was all just a game.” Siwon added before swift his fist across Taecyeon face.

            Taecyeon lift his right leg up, kicking Siwon at his chest. “Shut up!” He exclaimed.

            Seulong jolt to his feet, rush up to Taecyeon, and pull him back away from Siwon. “Taec, calm down. He’s just bullting with you.”

           “Bullting?” Siwon smirked, “I’m not bullting.  It’s the truth.”

          Taecyeon angry tackle Siwon, throwing punches and kicks at him. Siwon dodge a couple but was unable to avoid the rest. Yoona return from the restroom, and immediately was in shock. Taecyeon knee Siwon in the stomach then a kick in the chest. Seeing the blood on the corner of Siwon lips, Taecyeon raise his right fist in the air, Yoona immediately run up to them, and stood in between them.

         “What are you doing?! How can you beat him to the floor! Are you out of your mind!” Yoona shouted with her arms spread wide apart.

         “I am not! Step aside” Taecyeon exclaimed.

         “No!” Yoona shouted back.

          Siwon, unable to control himself, quickly jolt to his feet, grab the nearest chair and lift it in the air, and with all his might, he furiously swing it toward Taecyeon, not knowing Yoona was in between them. Taecyeon qucSeeing the chair toward Yoona, he grab her right hand, pull her behind, protecting her from harm. A loud clash, body parts falls to the ground. Everybody was at shock.

          Taec…” Seulong called him.

          Taecyeon stood there blankly, suddenly, he can’t hear anything, just the ongoing ringing in his right ear. He could not hear anything from the right side of his ear, only a high straight pitch. He try to keep his eyes open, keep himself from falling. He looked at Siwon angrily—walked up to him with his right hand fold tightly into a ball. Yoona run to Siwon and step in front of him before Taecyeon could.

          “Stop it oppa.” Said Yoona. “You’re hurt. Right now you need medical assistant—.”

          “Mo—move aside.” Said Taecyeon.

          Yoona angrily looked at him. “No.” She said. “I’m not going to let you hurt him.”

          Siwon viciously smiles, while confusedly yet hurtfully looked at Yoona.

          “You can’t go hitting other in public!” Yoona yelled at him. “You can’t go putting your angers on him. What’s wrong with you?”

          “What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with me?” Taecyeon was angry as he looked at her. “Did you know what he said to me?”

          “I don’t care what he said to you. What I care about is you hitting him in public, in front of everyone here.” Yoona continues.  “If it was about us then he was right and you are wrong for hitting him. I told you I don’t love you anymore. This has nothing to do with him.”

         “Yoona, he…” Taecyeon tried to explain to her.

         “I don’t care what he said to you and even if it is about us, about you anymore. The only relationship between us is brother-sister love. We can never happen.” Yoona cut him off. “So please stop. I don’t want mom and dad hurt anymore. Please stop. Please ignore me like you did when we first met.”

        “Yoona, you got it all wro….” Seulong tried to speak for Taecyeon.

        “Don’t try to help him. This is his fault.” Yoona reluctantly ignore their explanation. “If you continue to be like this then I really wish you never exist in my life.” Not in her stated mind, Yoona accidentally blurted it out. “I’m tired of this madness in you. I’m really tired oppa and I wish you can understand how I feel right.”

        Taecyeon hurtfully chuckles as he looked at her. “I get it….” He looked away, holding his tears back. “If that’s what you want….”

        “Yes…that’s what I want.” Yoona said with no emotional that thrive pains into Taecyeon heart.

        Taecyeon gulp hard and forcefully nodded his head, “Okay…then I wish you and him my happiness….” He turned around and head to the exit. A tear escape her eyes as she sadly watches him leave.

         “Yoona, this time it is really your fault for trusting him and not Taecyeon. I really wish you could let him explain.” Said Seulong before he run after Taecyeon.

         Sooyoung walked up to Yoona. “Yoona, I think you should go check on Taecyeon.” She said. “He doesn’t look good.”

         Sooyoung remind her; she almost forgot that he protected her earlier. Siwon grabbed her arm before she can pursue Taecyeon.

        “Are you okay?” Siwon asked. Hoping to get Taecyeon off her mind. “I’m sorry, I should have never come.”

        Looking at the exit then back at him, “It’s not your fault. I should be the one to apologize to you.” Yoona unhappily said. 

        Siwon softly smiles. “It okay, I won’t it to mind.” He said.

        Sooyoung suspiciously looked at Siwon.

* * *

        Strolling unconsciously for nearly 2 miles now, the blankly and hurtfully Taecyeon kept going. His soul was not in him. The only thing in his mind was Yoona and the words she say to him. It hurt him. He wanted to erase it off his mind, but he could.

        “Taecyeon.” Seulong called him.

         Taecyeon did not hear Seulong calling for him. He kept walking and walking.

         “Taecyeon!” Seulong called him again. No respond, he gave up and just followed him.

         They keep going for the next 2 miles. Seulong was getting tired, but the hopeless and reckless Taecyeon wasn’t. Taecyeon keep walking. Seulong sighed and looked down. He then notices droplets of red semi-thick blood on the ground. Seulong bend down and take a closer looked at the red drops. A light touch and a sniff, it was blood. He immediately look ahead and sees a line of red blood drops. He look up at Taecyeon and sees bloods dripping from his right side.

          “Taecyeon-ah…” Seulong called him, but he kept going. Seulong stand up and walks up to him. “Taecyeon.” He called him again, but no respond. Seulong run up to him—grabbed him his should and turn him around. He eyes widen in shock seeing the bloods coming out of his right ear. “Taec—Taec….” He stuttered as he point at Taecyeon right ear.

          The high pitch buzz in his right ear blocks Seulong voice. He clueless looked at the shock Seulong and sees him pointing at his ear. Taecyeon touch his right ear and felt something wet running down.

          “Taec.” Seulong called him again. “Can you hear me?”

          Taecyeon blankly looked at him.

          “The internal of your ear is bleeding.” Said Seulong worriedly. “Can you hear me?”

          “Wh—what did you say?” Taecyeon could not hear him rightly. Terrified written all over his face as he looked at Seulong. “Seulong…I—I can’t hear you.”

         “Dude, stop playing with me.” Seulong stuttered in panic, “It’s working. You are freaking me out.”

        “I can’t…. I can’t hear….” Feeling light headed as the ringing sound continues to buzz him, and vision blur; Taecyeon faint. Seulong quickly catches him and carry him on his back. He run and run as fast as he can to the nearest hospital and into the emergency room.

       “Help!” Seulong shouted. “Help!”

       Nurses and physician comes running to Seulong as soon as they heard him calling for help and seeing a bleeding Taecyeon on his back. A nurse came with a running bed, Seulong carefully put him on the bed and immediately the physician and nurses push the bed into the surgery room while Seulong wait outside.

       Waiting for hours and hours, finally, Taecyeon was settle in a room on the fourth floor of the hospital. Seulong sat on the chair beside the bed after a talk with the doctor. His face was shock and terrified by the news. Terrifying words repeated in his head. Just looking at his best friend, a brother to him lying on the bed, all he can do is hope and pray for him.

       Another have passed, Taecyeon finally made a small finger movement then curls his finger upward, he eyes slowly open. Seulong jolt to him feet.

       “Taec.” Seulong happy said. “Can you hear?”

       Taecyeon look around the room then to Seulong confusedly.

       “Can you hear me?”

       Taecyeon lightly nodded his head, “Where am I?” He asked.

       “At the hospital.”

       “Why am I here?”

       “Taec, is there something you want to tell about? Something you’ve hid from me?

       “What are you talking about?”

       “The result have come out, I had a talk with the nurse.”

       From Seulong despair facial expression, Taecyeon knew it wasn’t a good news. More of something he had experienced before, the pain he felt at his hip. “Get me out of here.”

       “No, you need to stay here. You need help.”

       “I don’t need any help.” Taecyeon tried to get up.

       Seulong hold him down. “You have leukemia!”

       Taecyeon shot a shock look at Seulong, “Wh—What?”

       “You have leukemia, you need a bone narrow, if you don’t…if you don’t you will die.”

       A moment of silent as Taecyeon shudder at Seulong. “You’re joking right?” Taecyeon lips stuttered as he looked at Seulong. “Tell me you’re kidding with me.

      “I really wish I’m am, but I’m not.” Seulong sighed. “Your right ear… can you hear?” He asked. Taecyeon lightly nodded. “You can me now because there something in your ear.”

       Taecyeon soon realized something awkward in his right ear. He lift his hand up to his right ear and feel something small.

       “It’s a hearing aid. When Siwon hit you with the chair, it damage your hearing. It has gone death. That is why you couldn’t hear me earlier.” Said Seulong. “Please Taecyeon, listen to me this once. Stay. You need help.”

         Taecyeon was speechless and hopeless as he stare at the ceiling.

         “Taec.”

         “Does anyone know about this? Did you tell anybody about this?”

         “No, I haven’t told anyone yet. I was shock about the result.”

         Without another word, he sit up and pull all the strings connected to the needle out of him.

         “What are you doing? Taec, stop.”

         Taecyeon pull out the last cord and pull the blanket off him. He lift his legs to the end of bed.

         “Seulong, you cannot tell anybody about this. Not even my dad. Not even Yoona.” Said Taecyeon.

         “Taec….”

        Taecyeon stood, turn around, and look sharply at Seulong. “Promise me you won’t tell them.”

        Seulong hesitate.

       “Seulong…”

       “Why? Your dad, mom, and Yoona…”

       “They don’t need to know about this. I can deal with this myself.”

       “You can? I know you’re planning to drop out of school. I know you’ve move out of the house. So tell me… how can you?”

 

To be continue………………………