8

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8

 

While Ms. Seo and I were walking, she kept rambling on and on about her husband Kyuhyun, but I just politely nodded my head, since I was still slightly annoyed by the fact that she blocked Taeng just now... We reached my cabin and Ms. Seo bid me good night before heading towards the teacher's cabins.

 

I entered the cabin and noticed that Stephen is not there. Hmm where did that guy go? Doesn't he know we still have to compete tomorrow? Aish~~ whatever, he's a guy, he can take care of himself. Right?

 

After doing my nightly routine, I snuggled into bed. I don't know why but I soon began to think about Stephen's one word advice. I turned to my side and grabbed the bear and set it on my lap.

 

“Should I or should I not?” I asked the inanimate object.

 

“I mean I guess I've been wanting to say hi to him too..So I should. Yup I should.” I smiled and made a decision.

 

I put the bear back on it's spot, and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from my bag.

 

Hmmmm.... what should I write.

 

Dear Stephen

 

Eww no “Dear Stephen” sounds like something from a Taylor Swift song.. hmmm let's try again. Wait WTF? Why the hell did I just write Stephen's name? The ? Jessica you are writing to Y.S not Stephen!! Okay now let's try again.

 

~7 minutes later~

 

Arg~ why is it so hard to write one letter? Jeez......

 

~30 minutes later~

 

Ah I know what to write. Keke.

 

Letter:

 

Jja Jjan~~ guess who actually wants to say hi this time? Keke, well actually, a friend of mine gave me some advice to do so and well I've been wanting to say something to you for a while and well, let's face it, you've been the only one “talking.” So I thought hmmm, I should reply too right? So here I am writing a letter, which by the way takes a lot more work than I thought, I mean my hand is starting to cramp and I've barely written anything hnng~ *pout* haha just kidding, but seriously why did you decide to write letters? I mean society now has this thing called e-mail or text, which is much faster and more efficient than hand written letters. Or do you not want me to know those too? Aish~ you know what? You are so unfair...You know a lot about me, but I barely know anything about you...can't you just personally, and by personally I also mean physically say hi to me, without hiding behind a masquerade mask. Also, Sicachu, hmm I like it :P and since your calling me that, I decided to nickname you Y.S. For the meantime since, I STILL DON'T KNOW YOUR NAME. Yes, I'm still upset about that, so make it better pweeaseee~~ keke, God I can't believe I just wrote that.. but I'm too lazy to change it XD.

Oh and who told you I was trying to figure out who you are huh? But I think I know who you are now~ So you better show your face soon, because you can't run away from me *evil laugh*

 

-Sicachu~

 

p.s my hand is seriously cramping right now >.<

 

Finally~~ I finished. Hmm I gotta say, but I write good letters keke, but my hand does seriously have a cramp...hmmph...

 

Before I worried and cursed at my cramping hand, I put the letter in a white envelop and placed it in the paws of the “Messenger Teddy Bear.”

 

Now that that's done, how do I get rid of a hand cramp? Hmmm... maybe I should stretch it out.

 

“OWWWWW~~” I screamed with my trademark dolphin pitched scream.

 

Dammit this hand crap is just as bad as my leg cramps...But I kept stretching and screaming, I'm surprised no one barged into my cabin and checked to see what was wrong, well except for one person that is.

 

“Jessica are you okay?” Stephen barged into the room with a very worried look.

 

“No~ I have a cramp in my hand.” I pouted.

 

“Here let me see.” He said and walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, and grabbed my right hand.

 

“What are you going to do?” I asked, but instead of answering my question, Stephen began to massage my hand.

 

Wow, I can't believe the pain is actually going away. What is this guy? Why does he know so much? And why does his hand seem so comfy and familiar?

 

Hmm, I seem to be saying that a lot. But it's true~~I always have this feeling of familiarity around Stephen.

 

“There it's gone now right?” He smiled and let go of my hand.

 

“Huh? Oh yeah, how did you know how to do that?” I asked.

 

“My mom used to do that when I was younger. I got cramps in my legs a lot so she massaged them and it often work, so I thought why not on the hand as well?” He chuckled, but I could still sense the hint of sadness in his voice.

 

“Used to? Why doesn't she still do it now?” I asked.

 

“She died when I was 7.” He gave a sad smile.

 

“Oh, I didn't know that. I'm sorry.” I gave an apologetic look. What? I didn't know his mom died..i thought maybe it was because Stephen is too old for that or something.

 

“It's okay, it's been a long time anyways.”

 

“Do you miss her?”

 

Why do I have to continue this topic? God I need to learn how to shut up.

 

“Yeah, even though it's been 15 years, I still miss her.”

 

Stephen and I stayed in silence after that. It wasn't awkward or anything, it was actually a comfortable silence.

 

“I've been wondering this, but why did you get a cramp in your hand all of a sudden?” He broke the silence.

 

“Ah that~ well I took your advice.” I smiled and pointed at the envelop in the Teddy's bear paws.

 

“Oh so you understood what I meant.” He laughed.

 

“Yeah~ but tell me how did you know about the letters? I never told you and taeny never did too.” I glared.

 

“Taeny? Who is taeny?” He gave me a confused look.

 

“Oh, taeny is Taeyeon and Tiffany. I thought it's much easier to refer to them as taeny instead of saying their names all the time.” I smiled and he chuckled.

 

“Hmm taeny? I like it, it's cute.”

 

“Yup, so back to my question, how did you know?”

 

“That's a s-e-c-r-e-t.” He winked.

 

“YAH! You better tell me or I'll think that you stalk me or something.” I playfully hit his arm.

 

“Haha, okay okay, I'll tell you, when we get back to the city deal?”

 

“Eh?!? Why not now?” I whined.

 

“Because it's late, so we need to sleep since we still have to win that trip.”

 

“Tch~ your lucky I value sleep, so fine patience will be my virtue, and let you off the hook. For now, but the minute we enter Seoul, you are telling me okay?”

 

“Yes ma'am” He saluted and tucked me into bed

 

“Goodnight Stephen.” I yawned and soon my eyes closed.

 

“Hehe goodnight Jessica, sweet dreams.” I heard Stephen say and then I felt something soft on my forehead, followed by a door closing.

 

Holy mother of sleep, did Stephen just kiss my forehead? I think so, because if not, my forehead wouldn't feel this weird sensation on the spot he just kissed!

 

Duguen Duguen Duguen Duguen Duguen Duguen Duguen

 

My heart is racing so fast right now and the butterflies in my stomach are going cray cray.

 

Stephen Kim, after just a couple hours, how can you make me feel like this? What are you and Y.S doing to me too make me feel like this? Most of all, why do I feel the same with you as I do with Y.S? Are you really him? Are you really my prince?

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

I woke up the next day and the first thing my eyes landed on was a light green envelop in the paws of the messenger bear.

 

Immediately, I shot up and grabbed the letter.

 

This bear really is a messenger bear keke.

 

Letter.

 

Haha Sicachu~ your letter literally made my morning. I probably looked like an idiot laughing at a piece of paper. But I'm glad you finally wrote me back. Actually, I've been waiting for you to do so, since my first letter...and yes, I am aware of e-mailing and texting, but then you could track me down with those, so I though hand written is the best choice, and also, I like letters. They're more personal^^. And if you know wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter