22

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

22

 

 

 

“So where are we heading to now?” Tae asked after we all got inside the car.

 

 

“The church.” Tiffany blurted out.

 

 

“Eh? Why?” I whined.

 

 

Why would I go there? What if they make me walk down the aisle? Oh Hell no~~

 

 

“Jessi, don't you think that everyone is panicking right now? I mean you were suppose to walk down the aisle an hour ago!

I bet your dad is calling the military or something to hunt for you.” Tiffany explained.

 

 

Tch~ why is my best friend so damn smart?

 

 

“Alright~ but I doubt anyone will still be there.” I agreed.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

We got back to the church and I was right! No one was there.

 

 

“Jessi, why don't you try calling your dad.” Tiff suggested and I nodded my head.

 

 

“Hello? Dad?” I called him.

 

 

“JESSICA JUNG SOOYEON! WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO?! DO YOU KNOW I ALMOST CALLED THE MILITARY

TO GO HUNTING FOR YOU!!” My dad yelled over the phone that I had to pull it away from my ear.

 

 

“Daddy I...”

 

 

“SOOYEON, HOME NOW. N.O.W!!” He yelled again, before he hung up on me.

 

 

“I'm guessing we have to go to Jessi's house.” Tiff awkwardly said.

 

 

“Yeah...”

 

 

Oh I am in so much trouble...My dad never once yelled out my whole name before, which means that he is beyond mad at

me.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

“Okay, Jessi, here we are.” Tae pulled in.

 

 

“Aren't you guys coming down?” I asked.

 

 

“Um, TaeTae and I decided to give you and your dad some space.” Tiffany answered.

 

 

Tch~ more like they don't want to get scolded too.

 

 

“Mhm, okay sure Miyoung~”

 

 

“Okay, well we'll be going now~ Jessi fighting!” Taeny cheered.

 

 

I stepped inside and I can already feel the heavy atmosphere.

 

 

I walked into the living room, and my mom, dad, and Krys were all sitting there quietly, watching as I walked towards them.

 

 

“Soojung, why don't you go up and change out of your dress.” My mom told Krystal to leave, and she silently obeyed.

 

 

“Unnie, himnae.” Krystal whispered to me, before going up.

 

 

After Krystal left, me my mom, and dad just sat quietly.

 

 

Even the maid didn't come and bother us if we were thirsty or anything, like they usually do.

 

 

Tch~ the one time I needed them to bother me, is when they don't.

 

 

“Dadd...”

 

 

“Sooyeon, I'm very disappointed in you.” My dad cut me off.

 

 

“But dad I..”

 

 

“You have no idea, how embarrassed your mom and I were at the church earlier.” My dad sighed.

 

 

“Sooyeon-ah~ I thought that you loved that guy, so why did you run away? Was it cold feet?” My mom asked.

 

 

“Whatever it is. Sooyeon you need to uphold your commitment.” My dad spoke up, not even giving me a chance to explain.

 

 

“But Dad I, I don't love him.” I revealed.

 

 

“WHAT?!” My dad yelled out, causing my mom and me to flinch.

 

 

“Sooyeon what are you saying? If you don't love him then why did you agree to marry him? Omo don't tell me he forced you

too.” My mom started blurting things out.

 

 

“No mom, it's not that.”

 

 

“Sooyeon, explain to us exactly why you ran away.” My mom calmly ordered.

 

 

And so I told them everything, from Yoong's letter, and how my mouth blurted things out without my brain's permission, and

finally me looking like a mad woman at Incheon.

 

 

“Omo really? You Sooyeon ran and in your wedding dress? Omo” My mom reacted the same way she does when she

watches a drama.

 

 

While my dad still kept mum. I really am in deep trouble now~ but it's not like I chose everything to come out like this right?

 

 

“Sooyeon is what your telling us the truth?” Dad finally spoke and I nodded my head yes.

 

 

“Aigoo, Sooyeon, didn't you tell me before that you and Yoong are just friends? And that you won't regret this decision?” My

dad questioned.

 

 

“Yes, daddy, but I was dense and stupid for not realizing it before. I thought that I loved Hae, but I didn't. I now know that I

only agreed to marry him, because I felt like I owed it to him, because we've been together for so long.” I answered.

 

 

Now, that my heart knows it's true owner, everything makes so much more sense to me.

 

 

“Sooyeon, you know that the Jung family always uphold our commitment and you made a commitment to that boy that you

will marry him.....” My dad trailed up.

 

 

“But?” I asked feeling that he might say something else.

 

 

“But, my dislike towards that boy and my fondness for Yoong overshadow that so, I'm not mad at you.” My dad smiled.

 

 

Asa! I knew it!

 

 

“Really?” I looked at both of my parents.

 

 

“Yes, Sooyeon. Your mother and I were actually very happy to know that you won't marry that man. But now, Sooyeon I

want you to promise me one thing.” My dad seriously looked at me.

 

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

 

“Make sure that you hold tightly to Yoong. He's a very good man. An ideal son in law.” My dad seriously ordered me.

 

 

“Of course daddy! If someone even dares tries, well they will get it from me.” I chuckled.

 

 

No one. And I mean no one can separate me from Yoong.

 

 

“Haha okay. But Sooyeon you still need to apologize and explain things to the Lee family.” Dad said.

 

 

“Yes, daddy~”

 

 

“Alright, now that's enough drama for today. I still have to go watch my dramas.” My mom chuckled and left the room.

 

 

“Yeah~ I better get home too. I'm still in my wedding dress.” I chuckled.

 

 

“Okay, Sooyeon.” My dad stood up and led me to the front door, where Han ahjussi already has the car ready.

 

 

“Bye bye daddy. I'll see you at the office.”

 

 

“Bye sweetheart.” My dad hugged me.

 

 

“Oh and Sooyeon.” My dad called out to me, before I entered the car.

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

“Your lucky the wedding was private so the media didn't know about it.” My dad chuckled and I just shook my head and got

in the car.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

Waking up the next day I felt happier. I've never felt this light in a long time. Also, today is the day that Yoong is suppose to

get back from New York^^ I mean he did say it would only be for a day right? Keke

 

 

Hmmmm... what should we do when he gets back? Maybe a movie or dinner? Or just cuddling hehe.

 

 

Ah, but first I have to go to work..Tch boo~~~

 

 

I arrived at work, and as usual all the employees greeted me good morning. Usually I would ignore them and walk straight

into my office, but today's different.

 

 

Reaching my office door, I stopped and turned around.

 

 

“Good morning.” I smiled and when I did all their faces looked so funny. Their eyes widened and their mouths kinda hung

open a bit. Are they that shocked to see me greet them or smile? Keke.

 

 

“Good morning Ms. Jung. Here's your schedule today.” Min, my assistant smiled and handed me my schedule.

 

 

“Ah thanks Min oh and good morning to you too.” I smiled before entering my office, and purposely leaving it a bit open so I

can hear what the employees will gossip about.

 

 

I always do this. If I don't then how could I know about all the good things happening in the world keke.

 

 

“Omo, did Miss Jung just smile and greet us?” I heard someone say, I think it was Fei.

 

 

“Yeah. Someone pinch me, I think I just saw a goddess.” A male employee said, hmm I'm pretty sure that's Jay.

 

 

“I know weird right.” I heard Jia said.

 

 

“Alright, everyone that's enough. Ms. Jung is human too so of course she smiles. Now why don't we all get back to work,

before her mood changes.” Min ordered everyone.

 

 

Haha and that's why Min is my assistant keke.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Half way through the day I was thinking of Yoong when all of a sudden my phone rang.

 

 

I looked at the caller I.D and was happy to see who it was. Why does he always have good timing?

 

 

“Hello? Yoongie.” I smiled.

 

 

“Ah sorry, I think I have the wrong number.” He said.

 

 

“Yah! Im Yoong, I know it's you.”

 

 

“Haha, I know I was just kidding. But why'd you call me Yoongie?” he chuckled.

 

 

“Why? Can't I call you that? Is Yuri the only one allowed to call you that?”

 

 

“Haha no you can call me that too~ it's just feels weird hearing it from you.”

 

 

“Why would it be weird? I'm just calling my boyfriend by a cute pet name.” I chuckled.

 

 

“Boyfriend? Since when did I become your boyfriend?” He replied.

 

 

Heol! Just heol!

 

 

“YAH! Im Yoong are you being serious right now? Then what was that at the airport yesterday huh? Just a friendly good

bye kiss? Heol! What do you think we are friends with benefits?” I ranted.

 

 

“Haha Sica chill~ I just don't want to be called your boyfriend until I personally ask you to be my girlfriend.” He explained.

 

 

“Are you being serious?” I asked.

 

 

“Yes, yes I am.” he replied.

 

 

This guy. Heol! Oh my head.

 

 

“Well, then hurry up and get back so you can ask me~” I whined.

 

 

“Yeah about that....” he trailed off.

 

 

Oh hate it when he says “ yeah about that” because it always ends up with something I don't like.

 

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

 

“Um, my stay kinda has to be a little bit longer.”

 

 

“WHAT?” I yelled out.

 

 

“Ow Sica, my ear.”

 

 

“Yoongie~~ you said 1 day! And I gave you that 1 day.” I whined.

 

 

“I know I know, but I promise you that it will only be another 4 days...” he trailed off at the end

 

 

“Eh? But 4 more days is too long~~” I pouted.

 

 

“Aigoo~ I know, but I promise that it will only be 4 days. So stop pouting okay.” He cooed.

 

 

What the? How did he know I was pouting?

 

 

“Arraso~~”

 

 

“Okay, but hey Sica, I have to go. It's getting late here.”

 

 

Oh right, I totally forgot about the time difference.

 

 

“Okay, then bye Yoongie~ good night, I love you.” I smiled.

 

 

“Bye Bye princess~ I love you too.” He replied before hanging up.

 

 

He just called me princess hehehehe

 

 

But what am I suppose to do for 4 days....

 

 

Hmmm, well, I guess I need to apologize to the Lee family first.

 

 

“MIn.” I called out to Min through the intercom.

 

 

“Yes, Ms. Jung?”

 

 

“Can you please get Mr. and Mrs. Lee to come to my office today if they can.”

 

 

“Right away Ms. Jung.” Min replied.

 

 

Minutes later Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee arrived in my office.

 

 

“Hello, Mr. Lee, Mrs. Lee.” I politely greeted and bowed at the two.

 

 

“Jessica.” They nodded their heads and sat.

 

 

Great, they seem to be really mad at me. I guess I can un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter