27

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

27

 

 

 

“Sica wait.” Yoong quickly caught up to me.

 

“Wait.” He said, holding onto my wrist.

 

Taking a deep breath to stop myself from breaking down even more, I turned around and faced him.

 

“Yoongie I-I”

 

“It's okay Sica, you don't have to say anything. It's my fault for proposing too early right? Haha....Why don't we forget about

me ever saying anything and just go back home okay?” Yoong smiled, but it was a sad smile.

 

I'm an idiot right? For hiding this from him, and rejecting him, but what can I do? It's the only way to save him...

 

“I-I..okay.” I agreed, and he led me back inside the car.

 

The car ride back home was so..cold. Yoongie just drove, without making his little jokes every now and then, or holding

onto my hand.

 

“We're here.” He announced after parking in his usual spot.

 

The whole walk from the car to our front doors was just so distant, even though Yoong held my hand, it wasn't the same. It

wasn't the usual warmth, comfort, and security I felt whenever he held my hand, instead it felt cold, like he would let go

anytime soon.

 

“Here we are 723.” Yoong said pulling me out of my thoughts.

 

“Goodnight Yoongie.” I smiled after he opened my door for me.

 

“Yeah, goodnight.” He gave me a small fake smile.

 

“Don't I get my goodnight kiss?” I pouted, trying to ease the mood.

 

I noticed him to start to lean in so I closed my eyes ready for his soft sweet lips to meet mine, but in the end, I just felt him

give me a light hug, and a quick, and like lightning fast quick, kiss on my cheek.

 

“Goodnight, you should get inside.” He said.

 

“Um yeah, good night Yoongie.” I reached up and kissed his cheek, before entering my unit.

 

When I got inside, I was ready to breakdown. But then I received another text, and I bet you can guess who it's from.

 

Ahh~ good job today Jessi~ did you see how hurt and confused poor Yoong was? It was so GREAT FANTASTIC! Now it's

time for you to go in for the kill, or I will. Haha.

 

This stupid jerk face bastard!!! but what the hell does he mean by go in for the kill?

 

What do you want now bastard?

 

Still being a sore princess aren't we? But it's okay. Well, now that you've broken Yoong's heart about hmm I'd say a good

50% it's time for you to break the remaining pieces.

 

What the hell are you trying to say? Just spit it out already! I already feel like after doing whatever you asked for.

 

My bad, I forgot how slow you are sometimes, but isn't it clear what I want? Oh well, I'll just tell you then. You Jessi, will

break up with Yoong. Right Now.

 

WHAT? No! I won't! I will never let him go!

 

Oh but you will. You don't want him to die right? I mean how pathetic would that be, the great Im Yoong, shot dead in his

apartment.

 

This person is seriously. Dammit! I wish I can just go to the police about this, but I can't, because if I do, it may be too late.

 

But I don't want to do it. I don't want to live without him. I don't want to spend my life without his scent, warmth, and security.

I don't want to live without his dorky playfulness and teasing jokes. I just don't want to live my life if Yoong isn't a part of it...

 

Yet, I would rather just watch him from afar then not have him alive.

 

Taking a deep breath, I sent the reply he wanted.

 

Fine.

 

Good! I want it to be done NOW. Or else.

 

Reading his final text, I put my shoes back on, and knocked on Yoong's door.

 

“Sica? What is it? And what's with the nail polish?” he asked.

 

“I was bored, and it's still early, so I thought I could hang out here. Why can't I?” I pouted.

 

Please say no. Please tell me to leave. Please.

 

“No no of course you can.” He gave me his small fake smile again.

 

“So what's with the nail polish? Didn't you just get your nails done?”

 

Wow, he noticed that.

 

“It's not for me silly, it's for you.” I said, and he gave me a WTF look.

 

“I saw it in a drama and I thought it was really cute, so I want to try and paint your toenails too.” I explained while taking a

seat on the couch.

 

“Ah okay.” he sat down.

 

“Okay, now you can't move or else it will smear.” I warned him and he just lightly chuckled.

 

“Yes ma'am.” he replied.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

I just finished his other foot and almost done with the other, when Yoong broke the silence.

 

“Sica, is something wrong.” he asked.

 

Okay, Jessi, it's now or never right? But I wish it was never.

 

“Yoongie, let's break up.” I said, still focusing on painting his toes.

 

If I looked at him now, I don't think I could be able to say those words.

 

“What?” he shifted in his spot.

 

“I told you not to move...it'll be ruined.” I scolded him, still painting his toes, while trying to hold my tears.

 

“Why? Is this about the proposal earlier? If it is I'm sorry, just forget I did that, but...”

 

“I'm just making things hard for you right?” I cut him off, and he just shut up.

 

“Sica where is this coming from? Your not making things hard for me” He explained.

 

“Yoongie, think about it. I don't want you to end up hating me one day, because I know you'd hate yourself for that.” I forced

a smile while lifting my head to look at him, and he tried to get up.

 

“Don't move, you'll ruin it.” I placed my hand on his leg, preventing him from moving.

 

I stared at Yoong's face for another second, before I got up off the couch and grabbed my things.

 

“I guess I'll be leaving now.” I softly told him, and walked towards his door.

 

“Sica” He called out right when I reached the door.

 

Taking a deep breath, I forced a small smile on my face, before turning around.

 

“Yeah..I love you too.” I tried to smile wider, before opening the door and walking out of his house, out of his life.

 

The two steps to my unit, felt like an eternity. I expected Yoong to come running after me, but he didn't.

 

You got what you want. Are you happy now.

 

I texted that stupid bastard after I got inside, ready wanting to cry my eyes out.

 

Ah~ that was just like the scenes from a drama, good job Jessi~ Now, that you broke up with him, it's time for you and me

to get back together right?

 

What the hell are you talking about?

 

Oh Jessi~ didn't I tell you that after you leave that guy, that you will come back to me. Right next to me, where you belong.

 

Reading his final text, the light bulb in my head went on.

 

But I can't act on my own, because I know how dangerous he is.

 

So I called my two best friends, and had them meet me at our special hide out, that no one knows about, not even him.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Why'd you call for an SOS Jessi?” Tiff asked after she and Tae arrived.

 

“Yoong proposed.” I announced.

 

“WHAT?!” Taeny excalimed.

 

“O M G! I am so happy for you Jessi!” Tiff squealed.

 

“But why do you look so sad?” Tae asked.

 

“B-b-because I rejected him...and I also broke up with him..” I surprised them.

 

“What? Why?” Tae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter