3

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3

“Omo unnie are you okay? You're actually awake and it's only 7am!” Was the first thing I heard from my precious little sister after stepping into the dining room.

 

“Well good morning to you too Krys.” I sarcastically replied.

 

“Er good morning unnie, but seriously are you feeling alright?” She worriedly asked me.

 

Is it that hard to believe that I woke up early? Okay fine, it is. But I don't know why I did. I just woke up and the first thing I thought of was that I'll see the man behind the mask today at school, I mean he did promise right? Keke I wonder what he really looks like. Is he as handsome as I imagined him to be? I have a feeling he's even more handsome then Hae, wait what? Did I just say that someone is more handsome then my boyfriend, okay I'm seriously crazy, that guy has seriously made it into my head and under my skin. It's like all I can do is think about him!

 

“Unnie, hey unnie, hello unnie. UNNNIIEEEE~~” Krystal suddenly yelled pulling me away from my thoughts.

 

“What is it Krys? Why do you have to yell? I'm right here, jeez.” I glared at my sister.

 

“Sorry, unnie, but you were zoning out just now, and it's not the usual quick one, but a longer one. Like your really thinking about something important.” My sister smirked.

 

For a girl 5 years younger then me, Krys is way too mature at times, that I wonder if she's the eldest and not me.

 

“Oh, sorry Soojung-ah, I was just thinking about my midterm coming up next week.” I lied.

 

“HAHAHA unnie, you, worry over a test. HAHAHA unnie stop joking.” She laughed, obviously noticing my lie.

 

“I'm serious here.” I stuck to the lie.

 

“Unnie, I really think your sick, because my unnie never worries or study for tests/quizzes, I mean you of all people studying? That's like you saying you like cucumbers, it's just impossible to think about, I mean you ace all your tests and quizzes so I just can't even believe your lie unnie, so what were you thinking about?” Krystal asked.

 

This girl, she's just like Tiffany, too damn observant.

 

“Okay, fine you win. Do you really want to know what I was thinking about?” I gave her a teasing look and she nodded her head vigorously.

 

“Do you really really REALLY want to know?” I kept teasing and she kept nodding.

 

“Are you sure you really really really REALLY want to know?” I kept going and she kept nodding.

 

“Unnie, just tell me already!! My neck is already hurting from nodding!!” Krystal fumed.

 

HAHAHAHAHAHA she is my sister. We both have very little patience keke.

 

“Okay if you really want to know.” I smiled and motioned her to come closer, which she did.

 

“Well, I was thinking that whatever I was thinking is NONE OF YOUR BUISNESS!” I yelled in her ear causing her to jump up and fall off her chair.

 

“PWAHAHAHA” I laughed my off at my pouting sister who was caressing her injured .

 

“Unnie~ that wasn't funny.” She pouted.

 

“Yes it was.” I said in between my laughter.

 

“Hmmph, fine don't tell me then but I'll find out eventually you know.” Krystal smirked and crossed her arms before heading to school.

 

“I don't think so Soojung-ah, I don't think so.” I smiled before I too headed towards school.

 

After I got to school, I was a little disappointed that no random guy popped out of nowhere and said: “Hi, I'm that mysterious guy from the party last night.”

 

But that disappointed didn't last long since someone very important found me instead.

 

“Guess who?” A voice I know all to well asked.

 

“Hmm is it my hedgehog looking boyfriend Hae?” I answered.

 

“Deng, wrong answer try again.” He said.

 

“Eh?! But i'm pretty sure it's Hae.” I played along.

 

“Well you need to answer it correctly word for word.” He demanded.

 

“Hmm okay, is it my super amazing very handsome boyfriend Hae?” I answered.

 

“Ding dong deng~~” He chuckled and kissed my cheek.

 

“Good morning Jessi~ Sorry I left last night and sorry for not fetching you this morning. Actually I have something important to tell you.” Hae seriously said.

 

“Hmm can you just tell me after class?” I asked.

 

“Well, about that, I'm actually not attending class today.” Hae sadly revealed.

 

“What? Why not? Then why are you here? Are you sick?” I asked checking if he has a fever.

 

“Jessi, I-I have to go to America today.” Hae finally said.

 

“WHAT?!?! WHY?!” I yelled, good thing we were outside.

 

“My dad called last night and something came up with one of our branch back in New York, so dad asked me to handle it. He says it's about time I take responsibility in the company.”

 

“W-when are you going?” I asked but my heart interestingly enough isn't throbbing in pain knowing that he will leave me.

 

“My flight leaves in an hour....” Hae said.

 

“B-b-ut what about us? I mean what's going to happen to us if you leave?” I asked, but not a single tear comes out from my eyes.

 

“I don't know what will happen now, but Jessi, are you willing to wait for me? I mean it's probably only for a short time right? It's not forever.” Hae said, but am I able to wait for him? I mean I love Hae right? So yeah of course I can.

 

“Of course Hae, I'll wait for you. I'll wait until you return to me. I mean it's not like you'll be gone forever, I'll just think of it as another family vacation your forced to go on.” I smiled at him.

 

“Yup, it's just a short trip. I promise I'll be back before you know it.” Hae smiled and pulled me in close for a hug.

 

“I love you Jessi~.” He smiled after pulling away and gave me a loving kiss, which for me felt normal? Like the ones you would give to family.

 

“Yeah, I love you too Hae.” I smiled and watched as he walked away.

 

“Oh and Jessi~” Hae turned and yelled.

 

“What?”

 

“I'm really glad you took this well, I thought you were going to cry your heart out and force me not to go or volunteer to come along, but you didn't. Wow, my Jessi~ grew up.” Hae teased before smiling one last time and ran back towards his car.

 

I chuckled to myself after he said that, but he's right. I should have been crying right now or forcing him not to go/ volunteer to come along but how come I didn't? How come I let him go just like that? I mean I'm usually very possessive, yet I let him go just like that and my heart it doesn't ache like I thought it would too. I wonder why. Also, that kiss he gave me. Why was it just so normal? Why didn't I feel the spark or the tingling sensation after, just like when I kissed Y.S. Why? What's wrong with me?

 

After Hae left, I walked towards my locker, feeling like nothing important just happened. I mean I feel sad that he'll be gone for a while, but not as sad I thought I should be.

 

When I got to my locker I was surprise to see a small envelop inside. I mean I haven't been given a love letter since Hae and I got together. Wow, this feels new.

 

I read the letter and was surprised to see who it came from.

 

Letter

 

Hi~ See I told you, I'd find you and say hi at school^^ I always keep my word you know.

And just for the record I'm not stalking you, I mean everyone knows what your locker number is. Haha did I just contradict what I said last night? Okay fine I did. Well, then let me correct myself, besides your name, gender, age, birthday, locker number, school, sister's name, dad's name, mom's name, and group of friends name, no one really knows the REAL Jessica. There much better. Keke, well I'll come and drop by to say hi again later^^ See you around Jessica.

 

-S.I.Y

 

After reading his letter I couldn't help but chuckle at this guy. He can be deep but yet so random. But I also felt disappointed that he didn't personally come out. I thought I could see his face but I guess not.

 

“Hi Jessi, I'm sure Donghae talked to you right?” Tiffany asked the minute I sat down and I just nodded my head.

 

“Aww Jessi~ I'm sorry. Do you want to go to the bathroom?” She asked.

 

“Hmm? What for? I don't need to go.” I replied, confused.

 

“Jessi~ are you sure, I mean it's okay to cry you know. I mean if my TaeTae told me he would be leaving I probably would be holding onto him for dear life right now.” Tiffany chuckled.

 

“Tiff, I'm fine. In fact, I'm okay with it, because I understand why he needs to go. And besides he'll come back soon, and I can wait.” I smiled at my over dramatic best friend.

 

“Okay if you say so. But hey Jessi, did you meet your prince again, after we left?” She asked.

 

“Yeah I did.” I nonchalantly replied.

 

“Heol~ What happened? Tell meeee~~” She pleaded with her aegyo voice.

 

“Tiff can you stop being such a busy body? And why aren't you with your TaeTae since you can't live a second without him?” I teased.

 

“Well Tae was just here, but he had to go to the restroom, so while he's gone tell me everything or else I text Donghae and tell him everything.” She threatened, this girl, has she not heard of the saying, curiosity killed the cat?

 

“Aish okay fine, but listen well, cause I won't repeat, I'm not a CD you know.” I said and she nodded.

 

I told Tiffany everything that happened after they left, how I ended up in the garden and how he managed to pop out when I wished he would. I also told her all the things we talked about and also told her about the letter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter