17

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

17

 

 

 

Yoong's POV

 

 

Riding home with Yuri in the car after what happened earlier is a little awkward. I mean I just KISSED her! In front of so

many people! Arg~ she must hate me now...

 

 

“Um Yoongie.” Yuri softly called out.

 

 

Ahhh! What do I do?!?! Okay Yoong, inhale, exhale. Just relax.

 

 

“Yeah? What's up?” I replied, trying not to stutter.

 

 

“Can I ask you why you did that earlier?” She asked, probably staring at me. Oh thank God, I'm driving, and focusing on the

road instead.

 

 

“Honestly?” I asked, and from my peripheral, I can tell she nodded yes.

 

 

“I don't know. I guess I got caught up in the crowd.” I chuckled.

 

 

“Yoong, I know you don't give in to peer pressure, so tell me the truth.” Yul demanded.

 

 

Tch~ she still knows me so well...

 

 

“Okay, I will, but not here.”

 

 

“Eh?! But you stole a kiss from me, and I want to know why.” Yul whined.

 

 

“I know I know, just sit tight. I'll tell you in a bit.” I smiled, and she obediently followed my orders.

 

 

Stopping by Starbucks, I then drove the two of us to a hill overlooking the city.

 

“Wah~ it's so beautiful here Yoongie.” Yul smiled brightly.

 

 

“Of course, this is my special spot.” I smiled back.

 

 

“Alright, so spill it mister.” Yul gave me a look.

 

 

Okay, well it's now or never..right?

 

 

“Yul, I did it because I wanted to test something.” I told her.

 

 

“Test what?” She asked confused.

 

 

“I wanted to see, that if I kissed you, I would feel different.”

 

 

“Different? Different how?” She was still confused. Aigoo~ this kkab.

 

 

“I wanted to see, if I still liked you.” I revealed.

 

 

“Okay, and what did you feel?” She asked.

 

 

“I didn't feel anything. I just felt normal.”

 

 

“Mhm, I see.” She nodded her head.

 

 

How can she be so calm right now? Either she will hit me now or later.

 

 

“Yeah, so I'm sorry about that Yul, I really am.” I sincerely apologized.

 

 

“Yoongie, it's okay, actually I also wanted to know if I felt something for you.” She replied

 

 

She said what now?

 

 

“Wait, repeat that? I don't think I heard you right.” I cupped my ear.

 

“I said, I also wanted to see if I felt something for you.” She repeated.

 

 

“Really? Wait, you like me?!” I asked.

 

 

“I thought I did, but just like you, with that kiss, I felt nothing.” She smiled, but why does it seem sad? Nah~ I'm probably just

imagining it.

 

 

“That's great, because I honestly thought that you came back, because the heavens sent you to help me get over the pain

in my heat.” I told her.

 

 

“What pain? Yoongie are you sick?” She looked at me worriedly.

 

 

“No, no” I denied and explained my love for Sica and how the situation is now.

 

 

“Oh Yoongie, I'm sorry.” Yuri gave me a sad/sorry look.

 

 

“Haha don't worry about it Yul.” I gave her a smile.

 

 

“But, you know Yoongie, I can still help you get over her.” Yul smiled.

 

 

“How?”

 

 

“I'll do what I always do, hang around you 24/7 so you don't think about her.” Yuri chuckled.

 

 

“Haha alright, I'll take that.” I chuckled.

 

 

“Well, even if you didn't I'd still do it anyways, but I can't hang out tomorrow, I have something planned.” Yuri teased.

 

 

“Oh, what is it? Eyy~ don't tell me you have a date.” I squinted my eyes at her.

 

 

“NO! I just have to go to a dentist appointment.” She smiled, but that look that Yuri has in her eyes, is the same look she

has when she lies.

 

 

“Really? Already? But you just got here?” I questioned.

 

 

“Yeah, well I like to have healthy teeth.” She smiled showing me her pearly whites.

 

 

“Okay, what time is your appointment, I'll drive you.” I insisted.

 

 

“Ah no, it's okay.” She denied.

 

 

“No, as your best friend, and also you as my helper. I will drive you.” I stayed firm.

 

 

“Really, Yoongie you don't have to, plus you still have to help Jessica move tomorrow remember?”

 

 

“Ah that's right. Okay then, but be careful okay? And text me or call me if you need anything and if you are heading back.”

 

 

“Yes dad.” She mocked.

 

 

“Alright, well it's getting late so let's go home?”

 

 

“Yup let's go go ssing.” Yuri said and ran off to the car.

 

 

I drove the both of us back to our building, and made sure she got in safely, before I went into my condo.

 

 

I grabbed my phone and texted Yuri to remind her to text me tomorrow after her appointment, but after I did that, I found

myself staring at my wall paper.

 

 

It's a selca of Sica and I, that I saved from her weibo, so she doesn't know I have it. I remember she captioned it: bus

buddies with Yoong~ :D and then I saying that she sounded like a child, but she just whined that she wasn't

and posted it anyways.

 

 

But now that I look at this photo, I'm reminded that that's all Sica and I will ever be, buddies. I sincerely prayed and hoped

that with Yul's comeback, that my heart can let Sica go, but that kiss with Yul, was so different with my kiss with Sica, that I

knew that I fell so deeply in love with Sica, that I'm drowning.

 

 

*sigh* I can't believe that it hurts this much. I mean, Sica and I, we never were even close to being almost there, because

she already made it with Donghae, and in 2 months, she wont be a Jung anymore but a Lee, and I don't think I can watch

that.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

Back to Jessica's POV

 

 

Waking up at 10am, yes surprisingly I woke up that early, I immediately got ready for moving day!

 

 

Quickly finishing my breakfast, I texted Hae and asked him what time he's coming, but he apologized saying that he

needed to finish some work at the company today, but I told him that it's okay, since I can get Yoong to help.

 

 

And if I get Yoong to help, then he won't be with that thing, so it's a win-win for me that is. Keke.

 

 

I arrived at Twin Trooper's and was glad to see Yoong waiting for me in the lobby.

 

 

“Good morning Sica, I was really surprised that you woke up this early.” He chuckled.

 

 

“Yeah, well I was too.” I laughed along with him.

 

 

“Haha okay, before we get you moved in. Let's go meet Mr. Kim, and get the contract signed.” Yoong smiled and led me to

Mr. Kim's office.

 

 

We quickly signed things and now the moving guys are bringing my stuff from home up to my new condo^^.

 

 

“Okay Ms. Jung, that is the last of it.” One of the guys smiled, before placing the last box in the guest room.

 

 

“Great, thank you.” I smiled, and soon the moving guys left.

 

 

“CONGRATULATIONS!” Yoong yelled out after they did.

 

 

“Oww~ Yoong I have ears you know.” I sarcastically replied.

 

 

“Hahaha I know, I just wanted to be the first to congratulate you on moving into your new condo.” He dorkily smiled.

 

 

“Ah well then thank you.” I chuckled.

 

 

“But now, YoonSic has a new operation.” Yoong imitated James Bond.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter