For One Million Won

The Perfect Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

"Excuse me?" Hyemi leaned in closer, signalling Kai to repeat it again. Her mind couldn't function to the words he had said. "Can you repeat that please?"

Kai sighed as he rolled his eyes. "Hyemi-sshi. Be my girlfriend. And just to let you know that this isn't a request. It's an order."

Hyemi scoffed and she used all her might to not punch him right in the face at that moment. "Kai-sshi. Do you really think I would obey your 'order'?" She air quoted. "You literally dragged me all the way here, which was very rude and now you're 'ordering' me to be your girlfriend?" She air quoted again.

"Relax. I don't want to be your boyfriend either."

"Then why did-" 

Kai interrupted her, "I want you to be my fake girlfriend." Don't get Kai wrong— he thinks Hyemi is beautiful but not as beautiful as his one and only Krystal. She's pretty enough to be his fake but he has absolutely no intentions in being his actual boyfriend.

"Excuse me?" Hyemi furrowed her eyebrows, leaning closer again.

"Are you deaf or something?" Kai sighed, frustrated. "Well? Are you in or what?"

Hyemi straightened her back and coughed. "No Kai-sshi." She glared at him. "If you think you're expecting a 'yes' from me then you've got no understanding whatsoever about girls. If you want something from them you have to play nice at first." She turned to leave but turned back curious. "Why are you searching for a fake girlfriend anyway?"

"To make someone jealous." Kai said bluntly. Well... It was the truth. He just wanted to let Krystal see that she had always loved him and Kai's going to make her realise that through jealousy. 

Hyemi scoffed yet again. This guy is unbelievable. She stared at him in interest—and not the good stare. "Then why did you want me to be your fake girlfriend?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Kai smirked. "Aren't you the so called 'Perfectionist'?" Yes. Even Kai knew that Hyemi was loved throughout the entire school. He had seen boys flock at her feet and girls craving to have her looks. Heck, she even got some of his friends to like her.

Hyemi sighed. She hated it when people calls her that. The 'Perfectionist'. What? She's not even perfect. There are something she cannot do at all. So why call her the 'Perfectionist'? "Kai-sshi." She said, "There are many girls out there that are better than me and are willing to be your fake girlfriend." She turned to go again and started walking, "So I'm pretty sure-"

Kai grabbed her by the arm and spun her around so that they were facing each other. He grabbed hold of Hyemi's arms tightly and looked right into her eyes. "There is no one else but you!" He could see the shock in Hyemi's face but he didn't care. "It's got to be you."

"Why?" Hyemi said in almost a whisper. She could see the determination in his eyes. 

"Because she once said that she was jealous of you." Kai sighed and released her. "It's got to be you. I've seen no one else of your standard."

Hyemi stared at him in amazement, almost touched to see Kai's eyes turning warm. She held her right arm where Kai had grabbed it. It hurt a bit. She sighed for the nth time. "I'm sorry Kai-sshi but I have better things to do than be your fake girlfriend. I'm pretty sure there are people out there who are still better than me." Hopefully, for the last time, she turned to go and started walking to the exit.

"One million won!" Kai shouted which made Hyemi stop. "I'll pay you one million won if you can be my fake girlfriend!"

Was he crazy?! Who would pay someone that big of a money just so they could make their crush jealous? But she is talking about Kai afterall. Kim Jongin, one of the most arrgant, rich snobs you'll find in South Korea. Of course he would do something selfish like that. Hyemi closed her eyes tightly. She's currently battling herself. Should she take it? She needed the money. She needed any money that she can get. Don't! She heard a voice shout in her head. This fake girlfriend thing will only get in the way of her studies and jobs. But it's one million won! Hyemi clenched her fist and opened her sealed eyes. "Fine." She said almost as if it was forced. "I'll be you fake girlfriend..."

Kai smirked. She's no different. "I'll give the cheque to you by lunch. Come up here again as so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter