The Boundary's Consequence

The Perfect Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Immediately the following day after, Kai spent the whole day at school trying to speak to Hyemi. All of the other attempts had failed to ask her to be her date to the party but when Kai finally sat in front of Hyemi at the dinner table, he made his move.

"Lee Hyemi," he said. Hyemi hummed in response as she looked up from her food. "You haven't been doing your duties lately have you?" he asked.

"Well, you see..." Hyemi leaned in closer. "Some of us are actually trying to study so we can pass our exams and get into a good university." Hyemi finished with a sarcastic smile.

Kai rolled his eyes. "Well this I'm sure you clever, clever girl can spend some of your precious time with me at a party Satuday night." He also finished with a smile.

Hyemi sighed. "How many parties do you people have?"

"A lot," Kai simply answered. "Come on Hyemi, it's just for four hours. We can even leave earlier. I just need you to be there so my parents won't think that you're just some girl I can throw any moment I wish."

Hyemi pierced Kai's eyes with hers. "I am a girl you can throw at any moment you wish."

"Oh don't say that Hyemi. I actually consider you as a friend now." Kai smiled innocently. "Will you with me then?"

For the last time, Hyemi sighed and nodded her head. "Fine."

 

 

At Saturday evening, just as Hyemi agreed to, Kai showed up in front of Hyemi's apartment building. A black BMW was parked on the drive way with Kai leaning on the car, dressed smartly in a suit.

Hyemi stared in awe at the magnificent figure in front of her. It was hard for her to admit that Kai wasn't very good looking at that moment. His hair was styled up and quiffed to the side, revealing more of his masculine face. His blazer complimented his body figure and what got Hyemi's knees trembling was Kai's slightly opened , revealing a hint of his chest. Hyemi faked a confident smile as she made her way down to him.

When Kai looked up from his shoes, he froze, star-strucked by the beautiful figure wlaking towards him. Hyemi walked steadily in a lace black dress. The sleeves started from her arm, exposing her shoulders and collar bones. The style of the dress hugged Hyemi's figure appealingly, complimenting her curves. The dress ended just below her knees, perfecting the elegant look Kai and Hyemi were going for.

"Hi," Kai greeted as he wiped his sweaty hands on his trousers.

"Hey," Hyemi greeted back as she clutched unto her purse, suddenly very nervous.

"I... I see you're wearing the dress I sent you," Kai stuttered.

"Umm, yeah. Thanks for dress by the way. It's really beautiful." Hyemi tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear as she looked down on the pavement with a small smile creeping up her lips.

Kai forced a cough before scratching his head. "Umm, so did you get someone looking after Hyunjong?" he asked.

Hyemi finally looked up. "Oh yeah. The lady next door said she'll be willing to do it," she answered.

"Oh... okay then. Umm, let's go?" Kai asked awkwardly as he wiped his palms on his trousers.

"Yeah, sure."

Kai opened the car door for Hyemi and he followed after. Hyemi didn't quite know of her sudden nervousness. It was as if she was on alert at every movement Kai and her makes. She had been noticing this recently too. She was finding it hard to talk to Kai lately and when she did, she found it even harder to give him eye contact. Sure, Kai was good looking. Hyemi wasn't afraid to admit that but Kai's friends are good looking too and yet she could talk just as easily with them as she did before. This simple fact was becoming more alarming to Hyemi and yet she was choosing to ignore such unfamiliar feelings.

The car ride was unusually quiet. It wasn't like Hyemi or Kai to be so quiet around each other. They were already at the point in their relationship where they could easily talk about anything they would like to share at ease. Even a few small jokes and playful comments would have broken the awkward silence yet not one of them had the courage to do so.

Hyemi distracted herself with the view. However, the longer she paid attention to the scenery, the more wary she became. The view was becoming alarmingly familiar and Hyemi didn't like it one bit. "Kai?" 

"Yeah?" Kai asked as she peeled his eyes from his phone.

"The party was at your house right?" Hyemi warily asked.

Kai didn't miss the uneasiness Hyemi was expressing. The road they were taking were becoming familiar to Hyemi and Kai knew it. "No, it's not at my house," Kai simply answered before looking back down to his phone.

"Where is it then?" Hyemi continued to ask.

"One of my parent's friend's house," Kai replied frankly.

Hyemi didn't ask any further, to which Kai was thankful for. A sudden wave of guilt suddenly washed over Kai. He took a quick glance to the side to see Hyemi's expression and he felt even more guilty. He turned his face away before clenching his hand into a fist. Did his curiousity get the better of him? He wanted to turn the car around. Not for him but for Hyemi. He suddenly realised that this was not a good idea. He was already sure Hyemi is the daughter of Mr. Lee so what does he have to prove? Kai reached for the driver seat and just as he was about to signal him, the car stopped and just before he knew it, they had already arrived at the front of the house. . Kai thought.

The very familiar house in front of Hyemi caused her heart to rapidly beat at an incredible pace. She didn't like this. She didn't like this at all. Her hand clenched unto her purse before taking a deep breath and opening the car door. This shouldn't matter to her. She had put her past behind her and therefore this shouldn't matter at all to her. However as she took step further towards the front door of the house, her shoulder became heavier and heavier. Nothing had changed from her old house except from the trees that had only grown bigger. Apart from that, every detail about the house had seemed to stay the same. She hated it. Various of different emotions gushed over Hyemi and she stopped in her tracks. She felt Kai's presence beside her and she reluctantly held his arm. 

"Hey," Kai said. "Are you okay?"

Hyemi stiffened from the sudden question. She forced out a smile before turning to Kai. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Kai replied with a small, pitiful smile before nodding and leading Hyemi to the front door.

Hyemi and Kai entered the house and they were greeted by a couple of middle aged people. Hyemi was very glad that they weren't the old care takers. They had been informed that the party was at the back garden in which they had been led to.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter