Picture Perfect

The Perfect Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the end, Kai did not refuse Hyemi's offer and so, there he sat, eating Samgyeopsal whilst watching TV with Hyemi and Hyunjong. He had got to admit, he hasn't had a dinner like this in over a very long time; just sitting down and talking to each other in a happy environment was enough for him to crack a smile.

"I thought you guys would have invited Amber today," Kai said then took another piece of meat from his plate.

"Amber hyung isn't allowed to go out late," Hyungjong briefly replied

Kai looked at Hyemi and mouthed, "Does he know what hyung means?"

Hyemi giggled then mouthed back, "Yeah but he doesn't like calling Amber noona."

Kai only raised an eyebrow then silently chuckled before rubbing the top of Hyunjong's head. Hyunjong looked up to him and asked, "Are you umma's boyfriend?" 

Both Kai's and Hyemi's eyes widened at the very sudden question from Hyunjong. Kai almost choked on the piece of meat that was still in his mouth. Hyemi was drinking water viguriously to down the piece of meat that got stuck in .

"No no no no, Hyunjong-ah," Kai answered, shaking his head. "We're just friends."

"Why would you even ask that Hyunjong?" Hyemi asked, out of breath.

"Kyungsoo hyung said," Hyunjong stated.

Kai silently cursed at his wide-eyed friend. "You probably misunderstood Hyunjong-ah," was all Kai said. He somehow didn't want to tell his fake girlfriend's brother that she's using her sister to get a girl he wants.

The topic ended at that and once they finished, Hyemi hurriedly tidied the plates and cups. Kai asked to help but Hyemi clearly denied it as she held all the plates on two arms. Her body already being used to it, she diligently cleaned the plates in the sink. She perked up when she heard Kai and Hyunjong's laughter. Gradually, she looked over her shoulder to see the two boys playing with the Iron Man action figure that Hyemi and Kai bought together. Oblivious, one end of Hyemi's lips curved into a smile before she resumed her work.

 

To Kai's surprise, Hyemi's brother turned out to be a lot more fun than he had expected. Being related to Hyemi, he had thought her brother to be quiet and to read book... all the time but there he was, laughing together with him. His eyes softened at the little boy; so this is what it felt like to have a brother huh? Kai smiled sincerely and ruffled the boy's hair. After playing with the action figures, Hyunjong requested to play a video game, and without hesistance, Kai agreed immediately.

 

Hyemi joined Hyunjong and Kai at the living room to play after she had finished cleaning the dishes. "Lee Hyemi," Kai said.

"Eung," Hyemi answered, too focused on the video game.

"Are you doing anything Monday after school?" Kai asked, still looking at the TV screen.

"Monday?" Hyemi asked, losing focus on the video game, resulting in making her lose. "Ah!" she shouted. "Yah! You distracted me!" 

Hyunjong and Kai laughed whilst giving each other a high-five. Kai shook his head. "I wasn't even trying to distract you. I meant it. Are you doing anything Monday after school?"

"Uhhh, yeah," Hyemi answered. "I am going to be gone the whole day actually. I won't be attending school. Hyunjong has a trip to the aqu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter