Bedtime Fairytale

The Perfect Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Get home safely!" Krystal shouted as she waved her arms frantically at the fake couple.

"We will! See you in school," Kai shouted back with a smile as he too, waved his arms in glee. Rather than rolling her eyes, Hyemi only gave a small smile at the happy boy beside her. He's kinda cute... sometimes.

When Krystal had said her last goodbye, Kai and Hyemi were out the front gates and were on the side walk again.

"Well," Hyemi started. "I should say bye now I guess." With a small smile, she turned around and walked to the oppsite direction from Kai.

"Yah!" Kai shouted. "You're going home alone?" he asked, flabbergasted.

Hyemi turned around and looked at Kai confusingly. "Yeah?" she answered unsurely. "Why are you making it sound like a bad thing?"

"Because it is a bad thing," Kai stated, recieving another confused look from Hyemi. "It's night time already. Girls shouldn't be out alone by themselves this late."

"Well, I don't really have much of a choice." Hyemi shrugged. "But don't worry," she said as she brought out her arm and tensed it. "I had karate lessons when I was younger." Hyemi then tapped her arm. "These bad boys will knock them out dead," she said jokingly.

Kai raised an eyebrow in amusement at the girl in front of her. "Oh really?" he asked slyly. When he recieved a nod from Hyemi, Kai lunged at her and pinned her against the wall and brought his face an inch away from hers. "If those bad boys aren't lying, then why don't you knock me out dead?" He smirked as for the first time ever, he is looking at The Perfectionist unguarded and stunned.

"Get off of me," Hyemi quietly said as she turned her head, avoiding Kai's strong gaze.

"Why don't your karate skills push me off of you?" Kai asked amusingly. He's having quite a bit of fun toying around with Hyemi. Who knew that her epressions were so entertaining? Kai leaned in even closer and whispered by her ear, "Where are those bad boys Lee Hyemi?"

Hyemi flinched at his deep and low voice and brought her hand up to Kai's chest and pushed him yet he didn't budge an inch. "Alright, alright," Hyemi sighed. "You win."

Kai smirked and finally pulled back. "I'll take you home. My driver will be here in a couple more minutes."

Hyemi stayed silent and everything suddenly seemed to be worth looking at, everything but Kai's eyes. Kai watched as Hyemi tried to look at everything but at him. This girl also has weaknesses huh? A small tug of a smile crept up at one end of Kai's lips, watching in enjoyment at the reckless Hyemi.

A few minutes passed and it felt like one of the most longest minutes Hyemi had ever experienced in her life. What was the guy thinking getting close to her like that. Doesn't he know how close they almost kissed? Hyemi shook her head and entered the black BMW. Thankfully, Kai sat at the front seat therefore she wouldn't have to worry at how close they are. Her heart was still pounding against her chest, thinking back at the intimate moment. It might be silly for Hyemi to feel like this, as if she's over-reacting but that was the closest she'd ever been with a guy her entire life. Hyemi took a quick glance at Kai who's sitting casually as he looked out the window.

As Hyemi continued to give directions, Kai only became more and more confused. Him and Hyemi attends one of the most elite schools in South Korea yet why is it that as more time passes, the further they got towards the poorer part of Seoul.

"Turn right here then there will be an apartment building," Hyemi directed as she began to fiddle with her stuff.

Kai glanced around the area and it's no where near like where he lives. The apartment Hyemi described came into view and from first glance, it wasn't anything extraordinary and it definitely doesn't look like it is lived by one of the most successful heirs in South Korea.

"Thanks for the ride," Hyemi said before exiting the car. Kai followed after her, having the courtesy to see her enter the building at least. Hyemi turned towards Kai and said her thank you once again before adding, "I'll see you in school then I guess..."

"Wait," Kai said suddenly. 

Hyemi turned back around. "What?" she asked.

"I still haven't paid you yet."

"Oh," was all Hyemi said, a bit stunned at the situation. Guilt is crushing her in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter