Enraptured

The Perfect Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wah! The beach!” a little excited Hyunjong shouted as he started running towards the sand, smiling and laughing as he did so.

Hyemi had been invited to join Luhan and his friends to their little holiday by the sea. She absolutely refused at first, she still had work and Luhan wouldn’t let her pay at least. She was convinced however, by the thought of her brother. Luhan had set the ultimate card in bringing up Hyemi’s brother, what, he clearly knows is Hyemi’s weakness. And because Hyunjong had never been to the sea before, Hyemi just couldn’t give this opportunity up for her brother.

“Hyunjong-ah! Be careful!” Hyemi called after her brother as she carried huge bags in both of her hands.

As she struggled to take a step further, the bags in her hands were swiftly taken by Luhan. “Don’t force yourself, go carry the smaller bags,” Luhan said, amused.

“Luhan!” Hyemi argued. “I was perfectly fine carrying them.”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Sure you were. Just go carry the smaller bags and bring it up to the mansion.”

Hyemi smiled as she shook her head. Always the gentleman. Doing as Luhan instructed, Hyemi went back to the back of the van and pulled out the smaller bags in which her frail little arms could manage. She started walking and the mansion came into view.

That was one of the things Hyemi was wary about coming to this trip ̶̶ staying in a villa alone with 12 boys. The thought of it was already ridiculous to begin with, never mind it actually happening. Another thing Luhan fixed, he hired a caretaker, a middle aged woman to stay at the mansion with them. For that, Hyemi’s heart was put at ease. It wasn’t like she didn’t trust the boys, but it was the image of being an only girl staying in a house, filled with 12 teenage boys for two nights. She just could not deal with the situation.

She entered the mansion and it was indeed a mansion. There were tile flooring and walls and everywhere you looked, the word to describe it would be extravagant. Hyemi loved the plantation around the house, it seemed to bring the place to life and give it a home-like feel. She and her brother are going to like it here.

“Hey,” a voice said casually. Hyemi looked up beside her and found a nonchalant Kai.

“Hey,” she replied.

“Didn’t think you would come,” Kai said.

Hyemi snickered a little. “Well, Luhan is very convincing… and persistent.” Kai caught a hidden smile to Hyemi lips and he couldn’t help but feel quite jealous. “And… I also thought that Hyunjong would like to spend his summer holiday at the beach.”

“Of course he would!” Kai answered. “Who doesn’t like the beach?” A smirk formed on his plump lips, something he often dis that Hyemi noticed.

Hyemi smiled back and slightly knocked Kai over with her shoulder. “You’re right. Thanks for letting us stay.”

Kai’s smirk began to bloom into a smile and teasingly nudged Hyemi back. “Well, I just wanted Hyunjong to come but… I guess it’s fine if you stay too.”

“Idiot.” Hyemi giggled before finally walking towards her designated room.

“Come and join us at the beach after you’re done unpacking!” Kai hollered

“Try and stop me!” Hyemi replied with a smile.

 

 

Just as she said, after Hyemi had finished unpacking, she made her way to the beach. She closed her eyes and smiled at the soft breeze. It was the perfect weather for a day at the beach. The sun shone brightly and it was also the perfect temperature for an ice cream. She hadn’t felt this relaxed and happy in a long time.

“Hyemi!” Hyemi turned to look at the voice calling out her name. She spotted Luhan sat with his legs crossed on a picnic blanket, his arms waving enthusiastically. “Come try some barbeque!”

“I will!” Hyemi shouted back. She jogged excitedly over and crouched down besides Luhan. “Oooo, it smells delicious. I can’t believe you guys already did some cooking,” Hyemi awed.

“Well, everyone was hungry from the 2 hour drive,” Kyungsoo replied. “Here you go.” He handed over a barbeque stick and Hyemi gladly took it. She took a bite of it and inwardly groaned. “It’s sooo good.”

“It’s delicious isn’t it?” Luhan asked with a laugh. Hyemi frivolously nodded as she kept chewing the meat. “Oh!” Luhan exclaimed. “Let’s take a selca!”

“Wait!” Hyemi tried to yell as she still got some meat in . But before she could finish eating the meat, Luhan had already taken a photo. Kyungsoo, Luhan and Hyemi leaned closer to look at the photo only to laugh at Hyemi’s funny face.

“Omo!” Hyemi laughed. “Please delete that.”

Luhan laughed as he continued to stare at the picture. “No way. This is going to be memories. Let’s take another one then.” He brought up his phone again. “Ready, one, two three…”

They all smiled this time with Hyemi and Kyungsoo holding their fingers up for a peace sign. Luhan brought the phone close to him. “Wah, it looks great!”

Hyemi leaned clos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter