The Second Date?

The Perfect Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyemi tilted her head at the sight in front of her. Kai was sitting at the park's bench by himself, looking rather lonely. Kai called her for another double date with Krystal and Minho all of a sudden and she was obliged to do so, no questions asked. 

"Hey," she said as she casually sat at the bench, beside Kai's. "Are we early or something?" 

"Probably," Kai replied. "Krystal takes her time to do her hair and makeup because that's what girls do." Kai deliberately looked at Hyemi as he lifted his eyebrows up at her.

Hyemi frowned. "What? Just because I don't wear makeup or do the effort to do my hair doesn't make me a girl?"

"I'm saying you should put an effort to look good for someone," Kai explained. "Even if that someone is yourself."

"No thanks," Hyemi replied as she took her attention away from Kai's eyes. "I can't spend my time on useless things."

Kai rolled his eyes as he too, looked away from Hyemi. "Whatever."

 

Two children were playing on the slide and Hyemi used this to entertain herself. She had been sitting there on that bench for a strong thirty minutes and there was still no sign of Krystal or Minho. She looked at her phone, checking the time and she groaned aloud, wanting to show her boredom to Kai. "We've been sitting here for a half an hour now Kai! You've called Krystal and it just went straight to voicemail. I've called Minho and that went straight to voicemail as well! Can we just go now?" Hyemi complained.

Kai glared at Hyemi. "Don't you have any patience? Just give it another five minutes."

"That's what you said five minutes ago."

"Just wait OK!" Kai growled before sighing and resting his head back.

Hyemi blinked at Kai's sudden anger then she smiled softly. "You must really love Krystal huh?"

Kai looked at Hyemi from the corner of his eyes before sitting up properly. "Well yeah," he replied. "She's amazing, she's beautiful, she understands me like no one else."

Hyemi smiled at the warmth she found in Kai's eyes. "She's really lucky." When she had recieved a weird look from Kai she explained, "I meant she's lucky to have someone who really loves her."

"What?" Kai lifted one of his eyebrows. "You're jealous?"

"Duh!" Hyemi stated as if the most obvious thing in the world. "Any girl would be! I dream to have a guy to look at me the way you look at Krystal," she said softly as she placed her hand on her chest whilst dreamily looking up at the sky.

"Don't you have admirers though?" Kai asked. "I mean, you were even confessed to by one of my friends."

"Yeah but can you guess how many of them knows my favourite colour?" Hyemi asked with her eyebrows lifted. "None. All they know is my outside appearance, not the inside me..."

"And what is the inside you?" Kai asked, curious all of a sudden.

There was a pause before Hyemi beamed, "Secret!" she laughed before standing up and held Kai's wrist and pulled him up. "Come on, let's just go by ourselves. Krystal's taking forever!"

Without a word or retaliation from Kai, he was dragged by Hyemi and before he knew it, they were in the crowded streets of Seoul. He didn't know why he just didn't say 'no' or push Hyemi away but he just continued to follow her as they squeeze through the gaps between people.

As they walk mindlessly, they passed by a stall where toys were sold. "Oh wait a minute!" Hyemi said. "Let me look at this stall for a while."

Kai watched as Hyemi's eyes look at the toys in delight. Unkowingly, a smile tugged on his lips at the sight of Hyemi examening the action figues.

"Kai," she said. "Which one do you think a five year old boy would like? This one or this one?" Hyemi held a figure of Iron Man in one hand and Hulk on the other.

She must be buying it for that little boy. "Umm... Iron Man," he replied.

"Really?" Hyemi asked as she tilted her head. "Don't boys like destroying things?"

"Iron Man destroys things," Kai stated as a small chuckle almost escaped his lips.

"Yeah, but Hulk destroys things for no reason... like boys."

The chuckle finally escaped Kai's plump lips. "Yeah but Iron Man lights up and flies... and shoots lasers."

Hyemi nodded in approval. "True..." She turned towards the lady behind the stall. "Ahjumma, how much is this?"

As

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter