Princess Hyemi

The Perfect Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a week since Hyemi's fainting incident and since that night Kai came over, he repeatedly checked up on her making up endless of excuses to fool Hyemi and to an extent to fool himself too. 

Kai laid on his bed with eyes closed and his head lightly nodding to the best of the music that can be heard from his earphones. A knock on the door woke Kai back to reality. He took his earphones out as he watched his door slowly open. The ahjumma that worked at his house peeked through the door. "Kai? Your parents want you downstairs for dinner."

Kai furrowed his eyebrows at the old woman. "They're home?" he asked. "I thought they were at Japan for the business meeting thing."

"They said they finished early so they're back home," the woman explained.

"Alright," Kai said as he got out of bed. 

Walking downstairs through their very large home was tiring to do everyday; one of the things Kai never understood: buying a big house when it's only filled with him and two other maids. His parents are always away in business trips or locking themselves away in their office. Both of his sister had already moved and had gotten married and its moments like these when Kai really felt alone.

He found his parents sat at their large dinner table. "Jongin," his mother greeted with a smile. "Come sit and eat with us dear."

"You're home early," was all Kai replied back. "Did the business meeting go well?"

"Better than well son," his father spoke in his deep voice. "It went so great that we're having a party this weekend to celebrate." 

"We expect you there Jongin. Both your sisters are still in Jeju and with a storm coming, they can't make it to the party. So you'll be the only heir there so it's very important for you to be there," Kai's mother explained. "And bring a date too. A Kim can't show without a date okay?"

"Okay..." Kai said unsurely.

 

The following day at school, Kai had his mind walking backwards and forwards. He was walking through the hallway and when he turned a corner, he spotted Krystal walking with one of her friends. Should he ask her? But isn't she going with Minho? Should he just ask her as a friend?

Whilst Kai was in the middle of a serious interrogation with himself, Hyemi was walking leisurely whilst holding a gift bag. She had her paycheck yesterday and therefore could stop over-working herself to death; this also meant that she could spend a little gift on someone... Just as she was about to turn a corner, a glimpse of the person she wanted caught her eye. She sneakily walked behind him and waited for a couple of second before pushing him slightly and yelling a "boo!"

Kai flinched before immediately turning around and spotted a laughing Hyemi. "Hahaha," she laughed. "You should've seen your face."

He could only roll his eyes. "Well it's good to see your normal annoying self again."

Hyemi instantly stopped laughing and squinted her eyes at Kai. "Well then I guess if I'm only annoying you, I'll just give this," she held up her gift bag, "to someone who doesn't find me annoying." Before she could march off, Kai grabbed her by the arm and made her turn around.

"No way I'm letting you get away with that," he protested. "What is it anyway?"

Hyemi smiled before giving Kai the gift box. "Open it," she said.

Kai raised an eyebrow before looking at the box and opening it slowly. It was freshly cooked brownies with chocolate letters on each one, spelling out 'Thank You'. He looked back up at Hyemi who's head was facing the floor as she wore a shy smile across her lips. Kai fought to say how cute she was at that moment. 

"For taking care of me and everything..." she finally said. 

"Thanks..." was all Kai said.

Hyemi finally lifted her head up and faced Kai. "Well, I'll get going then."

"Wait!" Kai exclaimed as he grabbed Hyemi's arm. "There's this party you see... and well, my parent told me to bring a date... and Krytsal will be there... So..." Kai coughed before rubbing the back of his neck. "Will you be my date?"

 

"Why the sad face?" Sehun asked to Kai and before eating his kimchi. 

"He's been like that since this morning," Chanyeol explained. "Hyemi rejected to be his date." Sehun then laughed together with Baekhyun and Chen. 

"What happened anyway? Hyemi must have a reason?" Suho asked.

Kai gave out a long tired sigh before thinking back at the moment...

 

..."Sure," Hyemi replied. "It is my job to be the fake girlfriend. When is it?"

Kai's smile was evident as the road he's travelling on seems to be going smoothly. "This Saturday."

Hyemi squinted her face. "Oooh, I have to babysit my brother that night. The ahju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter