The Next Level

The Perfect Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lee Hyemi!" Kai called as he waved, gaining the attention of Hyemi and many, many other students. Hyemi looked around her then back at the waving Kai and sighed. "This guy does not know how much attention he's getting," she said to herself.

"Hey," she greeted as she sat down. "Don't ever call me over like that."

Kai scrunched his eyebrows, a little confused and taken back by Hyemi's greeting. "Okay? Rude."

"Do you even know how much attention you're getting by calling me? Everyone is this school is practically watching our every move together," Hyemi explained. 

Kai smirked confidently. "Let them watch our every move. We are the hottest couple in this school."

Hyemi scoffed at the cocky bastard in front of him. "Don't get too full of yourself Romeo, the hottest couple in this school is Minho and Krystal. Their bodies are way more better than ours."

Kai glared at Hyemi. "I bet we can still beat them." He recieved a nonchalant shrug from Hyemi. Kai rolled his eyes at the stubborn girl in front of him. He looked back at his food then in an instant, he thought of an idea. He picked up his chopsticks and used it to pick one of his sushi. He held it up against Hyemi's lips. "Ahhhh~" he cooed.

Hyemi gawked at Kai. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" she asked. She recieved no reply from Kai but his stupid face. Hyemi squinted her eyes at Kai before hesitantly opening and taking the sushi from Kai. She chewed slowly, making sure to spit the food out immediately if something didn't taste right. She did not want to die that day.

When she finally swallowed the food, still staring at Kai, she said, "You know that doesn't make any difference. Minho and Krystal are still the hottest couple in this school."

"But we're the cutest," Kai replied with a cocky grin.

Hyemi turned to her right, facing Kyungsoo. "What did you feed this guy?" she asked seriously.

With his big wide eyes, Kyungsoo replied, "I don't feed a guy like him."

Just as Hyemi was about to turn back to Kai, the sight of Krystal caught her eye. She sat the the table next to theirs. It finally made sense now. Hyemi nodded to herself then turned back to Kai. She too could play along. Hyemi picked a piece of her kimchi with her chopsticks and held it near to Kai's lips. "Ahhh~" she cooed.

Kai let out a laugh then gladly accepted Hyemi's offer. He smiled, pleased and completely unaware of the number of eyes that watched them, including Krystal's. He just sat, staring at Hyemi's face, studying it as she ate contently. He's still not over the fact at how he actually found Hyemi beautiful when wearing makeup and that dress of hers; and now seeing her sat her with her plain old uniform and her plain make-up-less face, it seems like a plain old ordinary Hyemi to him.

"You know," Kai started. "You're the reason why we're not the hottest couple in school."

"And you think you are?" Hyemi scoffed. "Anyone would prefer Minho's body over yours anyday."

Kai glared, "No," she said fiercely. "It's because you don't wear makeup."

"Really?" Hyemi said in monotone voice. "That's the reason?"

Kai nodded. "Why don't you wear makeup anyway? From what I've seen, you look like a decent person with makeup."

"Funny," Hyemi said sarcastically. "I don't wear makeup because it's expensive and I rather spend my precious money on more valuable things," she explained before continuing to eat her kimchi.

"Then I'll buy you some," Kai suggested.

Hyemi sighed after swallowing. "You don't get it do you? A girl wears makeup for a purpose. Maybe because they want to look beautiful in front of someone they like, be it romantically or not. Or they could just plainly want to wear makeup because they like it because it makes them prettier. For me, I don't wear makeup because I have no purpose for it. My friends don't care whether I wear makeup or not anyway and it's not like I want to wear makeup and I don't really have someone special I want to look good for." Hyemi casually shrugged before digging into her food once again.

Kai sat speechless. He just learnt a valuable lesson on why girls wear makeup and for some reason Hyemi doesn't care whether she wears makeup or not. Kai thought back to what Hyemi said. She wanted to look good in front of a special someone? Wait. So, the reason why she wanted to look good for the party because of a special someone? Luhan? No... she sees him everyday in school and she still doesn't wear makeup. Kai pondered to himself and unknowingly, his heart hoped for the special someone to be him.

 

It came to the end of the school day and Hyemi had just rang their next door ahjumma to check up on Hyunjon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter