The First Date?

The Perfect Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

Hyemi's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Kai?" she asked. She could literally hear his eyes roll at the other line.

"Yes, it's me. We're going on a date tomorrow and you're going to be there."

"Wait!" Hyemi halted. "I can't go! I have to study tomorrow. And isn't it too soon? I mean we technically started dating yesterday. A date the day after?" Hyemin asked. "Isn't it too soon?"

"So?" Kai said. "It's not like this is for real. You know where Krystal's house is?"

"No?" Hyemi said unsurely.

"I'll text you the address," he sighed. "Meet me there at 11am," Kai commanded.

"Wait!" Hyemi halted again. "I told you. I have to study tomorrow. There's an upcoming maths test soon and I still haven't revised!"

Again, Hyemi could hear Kai's eyes roll. "One hundred thousand won. If you go, I'll give you one hundred thousand won."

Hyemi paused and again, her mind was calculating in her head. She sighed before saying, "Fine."

"Good. Meet me there. 11am. Oh! And don't forget to bring a swimsuit."

Hyemi blinked. "Wait. What?" Before, she could ask further questions, the line went dead and she sighed exasperatedly.

"Who's that?" Changmin asked. 

"No one." Again, Hyemi sighed. "I'll start stacking up the desserts then."

As usual, another day had passed for the busy life of Lee Hyemi. She liked how things are going on in her life so far. Unlike many dramas' female lead who suffers bullying in work, school, everywhere, Hyemi continued to make friends wherever she goes. Slowly, but surely. It took her many months for Hyemi and Changmin to be close as they are now but they would never go out together. Changmin knows the situation of Hyemi and he's too kind to ever ask her to give up some of her time away from her beloved brother.

 

Hyemi glanced at her wrist watch then looking back at the address written on a piece of paper. "I should be close to it by now." As Hyemi continued her steps, she stopped all of a sudden before turning to her right, finding herself in front of a gate, locking a white mansion that shone radiantly. "Found it," Hyemi said bluntly.

She peaked over to the gates, seeing if she could find someone and there didn't seem to be any signs of human species. Hyemi heaved out a sigh; she could be studying right now and passing that maths test of hers but instead she out here, locked out from her supposed to be 'double date'. She continued staring hopelessly at the mansion that stood triumphantly before her, she didn't seem to miss the view that much.

When she felt a harsh blow on her ear, she jumped slightly, startled. She quickly turned her head and found Kai leaning forward with his usual poker face. "Hey," he said casually.

Hyemi coughed. "You're late."

"And?" Kai raised an eyebrow up at Hyemi.

"And?" Hyemi mocked. "The guy should always be the one waiting for the girl on a date."

A small smirk lifted a corner of Kai's lips. "Seems like you're taking this pretty seriously Lee Hyemi." He leaned in closer whilst his hands were on his pocket. "Do you somehow have a slight hope that we're dating for real?"

Hyemi fought to roll her eyes. Arrogant bastard. "I'm just saying it's the polite thing to do," Hyemi explained calmly. "Something you should try for a change."

Kai's eyes widened a bit by her comeback but chose not to lose at their glaring competition. Just when he was finally going to retaliate, he was interrupted by movement of the gate opening.

They both turned their heads at the same time and noticed Krystal waving at them all the way at the front door. "You guys!" she shouted. "Stop being cute and come in!"

At the same time, Hyemi and Kai turned their head back at each other whilst giving each other the dirtiest of looks. Cute? They both thought. Ew.

When they had finally realised the situation that they were supposed to be dating, Kai pulled Hyemi by the waist, bringing her close to him. Hyemi was about to elbow him in the stomach because of his rude and sudden action but her angel spirit took over and decided to put on a fake smile and walk with elegance with Kai, towards his oh-so-beautiful princess, Krystal.

"Act convincing," Kai said through gritted teeth.

"It's kinda hard considering you're being a jerk," Hyemi fought back.

Once they were in a clear view, Kai and Hyemi forced on believable smiles as Kai greeted, "Hey Krystal."

"Hi!" she beamed. "Come on in, we just started the barbeque

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter