Lady

The Perfect Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a full week since that incident and throughout this very long week, Hyemi had still not fully forgiven Kai for his selfishness. Kai couldn't blame her after all. It was him that was wrong and even this fact hurt his pride to say so. It was one of the first time in his life he felt so wrong and so guilty about something he had commited. Usually, he's more of a person who lives without regrets and not once did he think like that after realising he had broken a promise.

Dazing in class as usual, Kai hadn't realised it had already ended and everyone was getting ready to go home. Kai felt a gentle tap on his shoulders and he looked over to find a smiling Krystal. "Oh... hi," Kai said in a monotonous voice.

"You seemes so eager to go home," Krystal said a giggle. "Come on, I'm waiting for you."

"You are?" Kai asked as he finally stood from his seat.

Krystal nodded. "Well, I was going to ask you if you're going to the dinner party my parents are hosting... I know you don't like to this sort of stuff so I'm trying to convince you to go."

"Ummm, when is it?" 

"Saturday," Krystal answered as she and Kai started walking together. "It's celebrating this deal they made."

"Isn't it always like that?" Kai chuckled. "I'm not sure. I really don't want to be spending my weekend stuck in some lame dinner party."

"I thought you'd say that." Krystal sighed. "Well on the positive side, I know some of your friends are going... and you can even invite a guest. Like Hyemi for example," she explained.

Kai remained silent.

Krystal noticed this. "What did you have a little fight with Hyemi?"

"No, no, no," Kai immediately denied. "It's just that uh, I think Hyemi's working on that day?"

"Oh really? Well, if she can take a day off for you then please do come okay? I think Hyemi would really like it as well..."

"Yeah..."

 

After school, Hyemi had work for three hours and Luhan had kindly walked her to her work. "You know, you don't have to this Luhan oppa. I walked a thousand times here before and I can know for sure it's a safe area," Hyemi exaplined as they both started to get near the destination.

"Oh I know," Luhan replied. "I just really wanted to see you in your uniform." He wriggled his eyebrows jokingly recieving a laugh from Hyemi.

"It's just black clothes and an apron. Really. It's not exactly the most flattering uniform."

"Well, I'm pretty thirsty so I think I'll stay for a bit and order something."

Hyemi rolled her eyes and Luhan. Unexpectedly, her and Luhan had started to become good friends recently. They found various of common interests in which they can talk about for eternity and laugh about the stupidest of things. Surprised by all of this, Hyemi didn't really know what to do. It's not like she didn't know what to do with a friend but it's that she was oblivious to the fact to why Luhan had recently been getting more attached to her.

"Oh, talking about drinks, I remembered that I've been invited to Krystal's parents' dinner party..." Luhan nervously scratched the back of his head. "Urmm, do you perhaphs want to go with me?"

"Sorry oppa," Hyemi said dejectedly. "If it's about Krystal then I'm pretty sure Kai would want me to joing him. But I would've liked to go with you though." She smiled reassuringly.

"Why do you do this Hyemi? Do this fake girlfriend act. You do know he's using you right?" Luhan asked, worried.

Hyemi sighed. "Oh, I know... but as you most likely know, I'm a scholar at our school and therefore I'm not like any of the stuents there. I'm not rich and I need money... And being the greedy and desperate human that I am, I selfishly took the money Kai offered..." Hyemi's head fell down. "I'm not proud of it, trust me. I just need the money for me and my brother..."

Luhan have a small pitiful smile at Hyemi then gently her head. "I don't think you're greedy and selfish at all. You work very hard for your brother and even to the point of losing some of your pride. You should be proud of yourself." Luhan stopped in his tracks and held Hyemy by her face. "You're an amazing and strong person and you should realise that."

For a moment, Hyemi only stood and stared in amazement back at Luhan. He's such a nice and incredible person, she's not worthy to have such a wonderful friend like him in her life. A smile crawled up Hyemi's face. "Thanks Luhan oppa. You're a pretty amazing person yourself..."

A flush of red invaded Luhan's cheeks and he had to turn away quickly to avoid Hyemi from noticing. "We better get going..." he said quietly.

 

The following day, during lunch, Hyemi sat again at Exo's table, as usual. This routine of her became alarmingly normal. It's as if as soon as she saw one of them, she would go and joing them without feeling like a burden. Hyemi tried to excuse herself many times from interrupting their bonding time but she would always be stopped and forced to join them. Hyemi didn't particularly hate it, in fact, she would rather be with great friends than being alone at the corner of the library. Although she loved to read stories, she loves sharing and hearing stories even more, especially amusing ones. And she can ver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter