Envious Evening

The Perfect Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The golden surroundings only brought Hyemi's beauty to outshine all the glittering decorations around her. Kai wasn't in his right mind; he had never felt so surprised since he could remember. Everything about Hyemi at that moment was perfect, her flawless face, her beautiful glossy hair that tempted his fingers to them. Her elegant pastel pink dress made her skin have a radiant glow to it. Hyemi had never looked so astonishing. Kai caught Hyemi smile and never once before he found her beautifully enchanting. It felt like he was in a spell and he just couldn't break free from admiring Hyemi and everything about her.

When Sehun slightly bumped him at his side, Kai faded back to reality and saw Luhan and Hyemi walking towards them. Luhan gave a high five to Sehun before patting Kai at his back. "How's the party so far? Sorry we're late," Luhan apologised.

"It's because of me," Hyemi said. "I took forever at Luhan's mother's salon."

"That wasn't your fault, and the result is amazing." They both exchanged smiled and Kai immediately frowned. He did not like what he was seeing. All of a sudden, the admiration he felt towards Hyemi just five seconds ago was replaced by annoyance and anger.

"I thought you said you had to babysit your brother tonight," Kai stated as he wore a poker face.

What's with him? Hyemi thought. She shrugged off the thought and answered, "Kyungsoo and Suho offered to babysit and... here I am I guess. Luhan-oppa invited me." Hyemi finished with a smile at Luhan.

Oppa? Kai's temper only grew one more level. He watched the sweet interaction between the two and it almost made him annoyed, very annoyed. Was it the fact that Hyemi ditched him for one of his bestfriend? Or the fact that she hardly smiles at him and is all lovey-dovey with one of his bestfriends? "Well, I'm glad you guys came," Kai said sourly before taking a light sip of his drink.

"Yeah," Sehun added. "This party is soooo alive," he said sarcastically. "Want some drinks?" Sehun offered.

"Do they have alcohol?" Hyemi asked carefully.

Luhan chuckled before patting Hyemi on the back. "Don't worry, he's talking about some fizzy drinks. Sehun is the last person in the room who is legal to drink."

Sehun complained, "Yah! Hyemi is younger than me!"

Luhan rolled his eyes. "I know." He then signalled to Hyemi and led her to the drink table. "Juice or fizzy drink?"

"I'll have some juice please," Hyemi said embarassed.

Kai continued to stare at the two love birds that just couldn't take their eyes off of each other and their ridiculous smiles plastered at their annoying faces. Kai scowled as he watched Hyemi laugh along with Luhan full-heartedly. I have never seen her like that before. Well, obviously she'll fall for him like every other girl. Kai's 'relationship' with Hyemi came to the point where Kai knew what type of boys Hyemi are into. He always catches her in the library, reading away in her piles of books and surprisingly some of them weren't text books but fairytale books. He assumed Hyemi loved to have a prince in her life who will sweep her away to the beautiful fairytale that she so desperately craved for, and who's more prince-like othen than one of his best friends, Luhan?

Kai felt a sudden tap on his shoulders, he turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter