Part 1: The Library - The Hidden Story

Darkness Princess

You opened the big heavy doors to the library. 'Ha! This is the perfect place. No one will ever find me here.' Glancing around, you saw that no one was in the halls.

You entered the library, and closed the doors behind you. You walked towards the huge stain-glass windows and heaved a sigh. You looked outside to see the moon and stars.

You immediately remembered the two moons in the Dark World, and all the stars you could see at night. 'The Dark World has more stars' you thought.

You decided to walk around the library to clear you mind. You came across the 'Forbidden' section of the library.

'The king never let me go through here. I wonder why?' you thought. You took a wary glance around and entered the section. There were a lot of old books covered in dust.

You took one out, and blew off the dust. "The Hidden Story" you read the title of the book. You opened up the book, and started reading.

"Long long ago, in the time where Light and Darkness never knew each other; there lived a beautiful princess. This princess was indeed very beautiful."

"It was said that the princess traveled from one world to another. Not knowing where she truly belong. Then came the day when she visited the Dark World."

"She found this new world to her liking, and decided to explore around. She visited the castle, only to be shooed away by the guards. But the king and queen could see that she was just a lonely princess, so they invited her to their castle.

"Are you a traveler?" the queen asked. "Yes, I am" the princess replied. "Isn't dangerous for a princess to be traveling by herself?" the king asked.

The princess giggled and said "Yes, but I've been doing this for a long time now. I don't know where I came from or who my real parents are."

The king and queen both have pity and sad looks on their faces. "Well then dear, would you like to live with us?" the queen asked. "Oh no, I couldn't possible trouble you."

"It's no trouble at all dear. With a princess around here the place would be more lively, and to tell you the truth; I've been wanting a child to love" said the queen.

The king smiled at his wife. The princess was shocked by her offer. "Oh no, you can't possible love a stranger who you just met. Nonetheless a complete stranger who doesn't know where she came from" the princess said.

"It doesn't matter if you are poor or an orphan, for we see that your soul is nothing but pure. You are a very kind and strong young lady. Won't you consider staying here?" the king asked.

The princess looked into the king and queen's eyes, and she could tell that they were really sincere with what they said. Tears of happiness flowed out of the princess' eyes.

"I would be honored to stay with you" she said. "Do you really mean it?" they both asked. The princess nodded her head. "Yes, with all my heart."

"Oh! I'm so happy! I have someone to whom I can call daughter!" the queen tightly hugged her in joy. "Please call us mother and father" the queen beamed.

The princess never said those words in all her life. "M-mother, and f-father." "That's right dear!" the queen excitedly said, while hugging the princess again.

Those words felt weird to her, but the princess was so happy to be able to call someone that. "Mother and father" she said.

TO BE CONTINUED......

 

Author's Note: Just keep reading. You'll see where this is going soon enough. :) Hehe, a story within a story. LOL ^^

Comments?