I Object.

His One & Only Mugcake

Before you read this chapter, I just wanted to warn you how it's a little different. It's like the first couple chapters when it's more of their point of you rather than the narrator telling the story, it's actually a mix...WELL bold paragraphs are Chan's thoughts/words/etc. keep in mind that he's thinking all of these things as every event passes. I'm sorry if my type of writing gets you confused, I never really stick with the same style, it's always something different..anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter, lets find out what's on Chans mind :)

 

 
Chan is stressed. His heart is thumping and he can't sit still. He paces around the room. There are 15 minutes until the wedding starts, a small indoor wedding. The Pledis family is there to support Chan, and the cameras wait patiently until the wedding starts. He falls back onto the carpet floor and he lies there, looking up at the ceiling. He remembers coming back to the WGM home..
 
It was really early actually. I came home at around 8am. I opened the door to find all of my members sleeping around the tv, they looked so tired and comfy. I looked around to find my wife..I wanted to wake her up and kiss her and say, "Noona..today is our wedding..I love you." Nothing long, just something that I thought would make her feel good. I found you, Polly. But it wasn't just you. It was you and him. You and Hansol, holding hands, smiling, having happy dreams. 
 
"Hey Chan the wedding is about to start, we should line up." Jihoon said.
Wedding songs start to play and Chan walks down the aisle with all of s as his groomsmen, Hansol was the best man(as they established before knowing his wife would be Polly and when they just announced Chan's role) They got to the alter and Chan saw the pain in his eyes.
 
You both had the same look, the same warm smile, as if you two were already one. Like children frolicking through flowers playing hide and seek. Young lovers..I was jealous. 
 
The ring bearer and the flower girls start their way down the aisle.
 
I found your journal Polly...it was an accident sort of... I was just cleaning through some things. Your journal was sitting there open. I read a few sentences, it was a dream journal. They were just dreams right? Soap factory dreams, carnivorous toilet dreams, alternate world dreams, they were all just dreams. I heard them before, and I was curious about the others. I just kept reading...then I realized..it wasn't just a dream journal..it was a diary...a diary dated back to August of 2013, when you met Hansol
 
There were no bridesmaids, as Polly didnt have any friends in Korea. Cameron offered to be an Honorary bridesmaid but instead he was to walk Polly down the aisle and hand him off too Chan (I feel so bad for him lol he's like friend zone level BOSS) Canon in D starts to play and the doors open, Polly and Cameron begin to walk.
 
Day 1: so I'm in New York. Sofia just bought me this journal and its the cutest! I'm writing down my dreams in here and I promise to return this to you as soon as possible Sofia! 
Wow..so many adventures began once I met Hansol..I feel like I should start there. I don't want to forget these memories ever.. I doubt I ever will, but I want everything down as a primary source...I want to experience every feeling in 10 years the same I just felt them yesterday. 
 
You talked about the airport..frozen yogurt, the mall, everything in extreme detail. I was so so so jealous. It was like I was actually there in the mall..seeing you almost get ran over by a Segway, I was in the car when you guys played the pepero kiss game..everything was so real when I was reading. And then I read about the wedding..when you surprised him in New York. It tore me apart because I knew I could never compete with that kind of love. You two...you're real. You and I..it's fake. We're just a tv show..Im also dumb for making this seem real too. The real match should've been you and Hansol. Ever since I read your journal, everyday, I asked, "why not me?" I knew exactly why, but I didn't like that answer. I wanted any answer but the truth. Why not me Polly? 
 
(These are also his thoughts..just more of a present time rather than thinking back) Now I see you walking down the aisle, as beautiful as ever. You're wearing the shoes i bought you...it was your something blue. Your dress is breathtaking, but we all know the real jewel is you. You're the most beautiful bride I've ever seen, and you'll always be my first love. You're walking closer and closer, I still can't believe this is all real. I walk down to take your hand, your smile is really soft, and your hands are warm. And I bring you up the alter and the priest guy begins to speak.
And Polly, your journal..it wasn't just a dream journal, it wasn't just a diary, it held treasures didn't it? Because in the very back, you cut a bunch of pages making a small section where you can hide treasures. 
 
"We gather today to bring these two lovebirds together-"
 
I found a treasure. And I brought that here with me.
 
"lalala...Before we begin, does anyone not approve of these two?"
 
"this is all wrong" ive been saying the past few days.
 
Hansol's eyes are staring right into Polly's eyes. He's not smiling. He's not frowning. His expression is blank. Only his eyes show his true emotion-Pain. Hurt. Heartbreak. 
 
But i want it to feel right. I try to make it right, but everything just seems to get worse. Or better, it depends on the view.
 
Samuel, Jisoo, and Seunggwan look at Hansol. They remember years ago when he'd cry in his sleep, sleep talking about a girl who kept exploring, how he yearned to go with her, but he couldn't. 
 
A guilty pleasure? Some may say. I like what I'm doing when i know i shouldnt. 
 
The other members watch Chan as their jealousy rises, but deep down inside they are happy.
 
I can do it, but i can't. Why did it have to be you Polly?
 
Cameron, with the same look as Hansol, stares at Polly, but she doesn't look back at him because she's looking at Hansol and Chan. 
 
Why did it have to be me? 
 
Everyone looks anxious, everyone wants to speak, but they choose not too because of the attention, because of the cameras, because of the outcome. But one person does speak up.
 
"I object."