Reception Dance

His One & Only Mugcake

 

After introducing Polly to Ricky and all of his family members, Hansol and Polly kept looking at each other and they would quickly look away because they blushed so much. 
 
"Say it again"
 
"I love you~~"
 
Was it weird that she squealed at those three words? People probably thought the two were crazy, which was true. They were crazy in love.
She smiled and she took his hand and leaned on his shoulder all the way to the reception room. They were the ultimate puppy love couple and some people were super envious.
 
"Ugh, do you see those two?"
 
"Yeah, what about them..?"
 
"They took the attention away from the bride and groom, like who the hell do you think you are? It was Ricky's and Emma's wedding and they acted like it was there's!"
 
"You're just bummed because Hansol didnt take your hands and you were stuck with me. Let them be, they look happy."
 
"Ugh, whatever, someone needs to separate them two."
 
Ricky comes from behind,
 
"If you do anything to those two, you leave this wedding immediately. Enough said."
 
"I'm the maid of honor!"
 
"And? That's my cousin over there you're talking about, my best man, my best friend. That girl, she doesn't live here, they rarely get to see each other, they hardly ever will. You don't know them, you don't know what they go through everyday, if you've seen him the past week you'd understand. If you knew his feelings...but you don't. If you have a problem with my guests, you can go ahead and leave."
 
The maid of honor, who was the brides' friend, shuts up and walks away. 
 
Meanwhile, Hansol and Polly finally arrive to the reception room and they are told to sit on the chairs for the maids and groomsmen by the dance floor. Shortly after was the Bride and Grooms' first dance, and later the maids and groomsmen had to join. Hansol gets up,
"Miss Polly mugcake, may I have this dance?" He bows with his hand out,
"Of course Hansolie Oppa," he takes her hand and they walk to the dance floor with the best posture, a little TOO good.
Beautiful in white by Shane Filan was playing, Hansol placed one hand at her waist and Polly had one hand rested on his shoulder, and they both held hands. They danced and danced, when they reached the chorus, Hansol pulled her in closer, and nothing could separate them. Not even a piece of paper. Polly rested her head on his chest, like she had many times before, and Hansol whispered in her ear, singing the song,
 
"So as long as I live I'll love you, will have and hold you, you look so beautiful in-" he pauses.."pastel pink~~~"
 
They laugh,
Then Polly's voice cracks because she can't sing.. 
 
"And from now to my very last breath, this day I'll cherish, you look so dashing in blackkkk and in all clothesss~~" 
 
"That was beautiful Polly."
 
Hansol kisses her hair. Then they spin around and do the "dip" move where the guy holds the girl while she's like.. Leaning back..yeah. They were about to kiss again but the song  ended and Polly quickly got up and walked off the stage because she didnt want to be the last on the stage. Hansol quickly catches up to her and they both walk outside on the pathway, lit up with tiny spotlights leading to this gorgeous garden fountain. 
 
"Hansol, I have a secret...I can read minds."
 
"What?"
 
"I can read yours right now. You're wondering why I'm here. Am I right?"
 
"AISH.. That's not mind reading"
 
"But am I right?"
 
"Yes.."
 
"Your mom."
 
"What?"
 
"Your mom. She told me that she saw you sad for the past few days..and when she couldn't take it anymore she found my number and called me. She paid for a train ticket straight here."
 
Hansol was shocked, he was really happy though and he needed to thank his mom for everything.
 
"Wow.."
 
"I know right, plot twist...I thought she didn't like me.."
 
"I think she's warming up to you, but what about the whole bridesmaid thing...?"
 
"Your mom didnt know where to take me so we went to the bachelorette party. I told Emma our story and she started tearing up..saying that's how she met Ricky..somewhat. After the food, they dragged me into the bridal store last minute."
 
"I need to thank my mom for all of this, I wasn't ready to leave you that day..."
They walked out to the gazebo where a mini orchestra/band was setup. Hansol gets excited and he asks if he could borrow the guitar, he wanted to play a korean song that Polly knew and loved. It had to be one she knew because she wasnt really Korean, she was just into Korean stuff. He lets Polly sit and he starts 
Playing the chords to "I Confess" by FT. Island and starts to sing. Polly immediately recognizes the song and she starts to tear up and smile. The background orchestra figures out the song as well and they start to play too. Hansol stops playing and he swings the guitar to his back, brings Polly onto her feet, and they intertwine their fingers and they sway close together. When the part of the song played, they together sang,
 
"Saranghae, Saranghae,"
 
The scenery was perfect, it was at night, the moon and stars were shining, music was playing, and it smelled like fresh roses with a light mist.
They were called down to come back inside for the wedding games. When they came inside, Hansol went straight for his mother and he hugged and kissed her. She smiled and rubbed his back. When the bouquet toss came, almost EVERYONE came onto the dance floor. 
 
"Are y'all ready?? WOOHOOO!!"
She threw the bouquet, but way too high. It hit the ceiling and fell straight to the ground..right in front of all of the girls. Polly went for it but caught only the flowers, then this crazy desperate lady literally dove for the bouquet and did this whole front flip thing grabbing the end of the bouquet away from Polly, leaving her speechless and flat on the floor with little rose petals in her hands. Hansol runs after her
"WHOA ARE YOU OKAY?!!"
 
Speechless,
 
"DID YOU HURT ANYTHING?"
 
Hansol brings out a hand, and Polly grasps it, bringing her slowly up onto her feet. And it suddenly clicks.... Deja vu! They both look at each other and Polly says
 
"Oh my goodness I'm so sorry, I was in the way!"
 
And together they both laugh it all out. 
 
"Are you ok though?..you took a serious fall.. I'm sorry you didn't get the bouquet.."
 
"It's ok, I have something better."
 
"Really??"
 
"Yep, these bracelets" she puts it next to Hansol's and she notices a charm she didnt see before.. a boy charm on his braclet making a pucker face, and a girl charm on hers also making a pucker face. She puts them together and they immediately attract lips! She looks at it in awe.
 
"Look at the engraving in the back."
 
Polly looks, it said Hansol on Polly's, with a heart, and on Hansol's was Polly. Then below their names was a small engraving...
 
"Solly?"
 
"It's our couple name!"
 
"Aiyahh this is so embarrassing >_
 
"Admit it, you like it, you like it sooo much!"
 
"Whatever~" 
 
"The reception room was getting full so Hansol and Polly sneak back into the wedding room and they sit at the piano. Hansol plays a twisted version of "Adorn you" by Miguel  with a more acoustic and softer feel. 
 
"Baby these feels will always protect you~"
 
It was getting late and Hansol's version was so soothing that Polly started to doze off onto his shoulder. When he noticed he picked up Polly and brought her to the pews and he put her head on his lap, watching her sleep.
 
"I want you to always be by my side, I don't know what'd I'd be without you. In return for everything you did, I'll always be with you, you can call me at 3 in the morning, ill be happy just to hear your voice. I appreciate your love..I'll pick you up when you fall, I'll be loyal, always. Thank you for tackling yourself into my life, thank you for falling on me, thank you for everything. I love you."