Serenade Me

His One & Only Mugcake

 

MC Doyoon is on the microphone, 
"HELLO EVERYONE! We are going to do a...SERENADING COMPETITION! Whoever wins shall eat chicken with the lovely lady. "
"Wait what..what's going on,"
"Someone her to the finest chair in the room,"
Seungcheol, Mingyu, Hansol, and Samuel break off Jichair and then brought  it quickly over to Polly. 
"AHAHA thank you!"
One by one people dance and sing, it was a wonderful experience. Joshua played the guitar and then kissed her hand, Mingyu rapped a love song, seunggwan sang, then Hansol danced and it was mesmerizing, she watched him in awe because he was so..beautiful. Joshua came next her to her,
"Are you still in love with him?" He said it loud enough for only Polly to hear.
"So you know...you remember, don't you?."
"I see it in your eyes, the way you're looking at him right now."
"This is wrong, isn't it?" She whispers to him,
"I have no idea, I know that no matter what happens..someone is bound to get hurt. But that's ok, because they'll learn and become wiser, they're my little brothers, and they're still kids..I know them.. They'll be alright with whatever you choose."
"Thanks Joshua," she kisses his cheek before anyone sees and then she fan girls to herself, and then she continues to watch Hansol as he winks at her, caressing her hand. Chan later jumps in and he starts dancing as well, Hansol notices and he smiles, MC Doyoon grabs the mic, "DANCE BATTLE!!"
Chan goes first and does well, but then Hansol starts to dance circles around him, eventually making him lose. Everyone claps and cheers and Hansol and chan do the fist pound hug and Chan seems okay but slightly embarrassed because he just lost in front of his wife. Polly concludes that everyone wins because they were all so adorable and spectacular when they performed and they all should just eat chicken together. So they order the chicken and Polly goes back to dance, Chan needed to go to the restroom. While Polly was practicing, Hansol came in the room.
"Hey."
"Hi."
"So you're getting married in two days?"
"Yeah, I'm trying on wedding dresses tomorrow,"
"You know, you're spending an awful lot of time with Chan, "
"What, are you jealous?"
"Of course I am. What happened to bachelorette parties..you have to get away from him you know?!"
"In case you didn't remember, I live in America, I have no friends here in Korea...you guys are my only friends."
Hansols face lit up,
"Then we'll throw you a party,"
"What?"
"Polly, I really want to talk to you, and not when Chan is around..and before you say I do."
She thinks. "Ok." silence. "I smell chicken!" She runs right past Hansol but takes his hand, dragging him into the main room. Hansols hand tingles from the tip of his fingers to his heart and it sends fireworks to the rest of his body, 
 
I've missed this feeling Polly.
 
As soon as they enter the main room though she lets go and sits at the table full of chicken. Everyone goes to sit at the table too and they feast.
Hansol sits by Polly, and later Chan comes and sits by her too. She eats nonstop, finishing chicken after chicken, slowly moving onto Hansol's plate, like a long time ago when they ate noodles. It brought back memories and Hansol smiled, but stopped when he saw the other members looking at him suspiciously.
"Don't eat too fast Polly..I don't want you to choke," she looks up at Hansol, "you have a little..Here," he brings her face closer and wipes the crumbs off of her lip with his thumb and she blushes, 
"Um..Thanks." She looks down and sees Chans hand slowly turning into a fist...but he lets go. 
Hansol texts something to Joshua, and then he nods.
"So Polly, you're getting your wedding dress tomorrow right?"
She looks at Hansol and looks back at Joshua, "Yep"
"Don't you need an entourage?" Dongjin asks
"YES YOU DO! We can go with you tomorrow!" Mingyu says
"All..all of you?" Chan asks, looking mostly at Hansol,"well what about me??"
"NO!" Polly raised her voice and everyone is startled, "I mean..it's bad luck, I'm really superstitious.. You have to wait until the wedding Channie"
"Oh ok.."
Doyoon breaks the awkwardness
"So how about 2? Sound like a good time? We'll pick you up, well.. One of us, we all can't fit in one car."
"I guess I'll be ready by two"
Chan gets a little anxious. "Well it's getting a little late..do you want me to drop you off at the house? I want to spend time with my parents tomorrow...so I'm going to drive over there tonight."
"It's only 9..what will I do when I get there?"
"I can drive her back when she wants to leave Chan" seungcheol says, 
"Yeah, you go ahead, we'll see you at the wedding"
"Bye," he stands up, but he crouches back down to kiss Polly's forehead, and he grabs the keys to his car and leaves.
 
This isn't right. What do I do? This isn't right...it's not..is it? 
 
These thoughts flood his mind and when he finally arrives at his parents house he breaks. He jumps into his mothers arms and he can't help but shed a few tears, he's so frustrated and confused. 
"Mom...Dad.."
"Chan it's okay...it's okay."