Wedding Bells

His One & Only Mugcake

 

The wedding was at this huge church, filled with many friends and family. The groomsmen were in a room getting ready. Hansol looks in the mirror and he puts on his cuff links and his vest, remembering his nervous feeling waiting for Polly to walk out in her dress. He struggles while putting on his tie and his mom comes into the room. 
 
"Hey, you need any help?"
 
She comes over to Hansol and tightens his tie. 
 
"I know you're thinking about her, I know you're sad, and I know this hurts."
 
Hansol starts to mumble, "why would you care... You didn't even like her.."
 
"What?"
 
"Nothing."
 
Silence. 
 
"I want you to be happy, I've always wanted you to be happy. Put a smile on your face..Hansosmile"
 
"I know."
 
"Smile today, be happy for your cousin, this is a big day for him."
 
"I know."
 
She sighs. "Ok, turn around, let me put on my son's jacket on. "
 
He stretches his arms into the sleeves and his mom brings the jacket up to his shoulders. 
 
"You look very dashing sir, very handsome," she smiles to herself.
 
Hansol replays Polly's voice in his mind. 'Well don't you look dashing!'
 
"Thanks mom. You should leave, I'm sure the guys would like to change too."
 
"OH YEAH. Alright, see you all later when the wedding starts, don't trip!!" She laughs to herself, "and Hansol, there's a surprise for you, if you smile  you'll get it ok?"
 
What...surprise?
 
"O-h..ok mom.. ?" He says in confusion.
She leaves and Ricky comes in with the wedding planner. The wedding planner starts to speak,
 
 "Is everyone ready? The wedding is about to start! There's going to be a slight change in formation, Hansol, you'll be beside Ricky, ok?"
 
"But.. I'm not the best man.."
 
ricky speaks up
 
"I actually never really chose a best man, so Hansol, if you may, it'd be an honor if you were to be my bestman."
 
Hansol smiles with joy, "of course."
 
"Well? TIME FOR ME TO GET HITCHED!"
 
The room fills with howls but was immediately silenced because they just started the music. They leave the room one by one, Ricky, Hansol, then one other guy. They all reach the right side of the altar and Hansol remembers his moms words and he smiles a very awkward smile. He looks at a very shaky Ricky and he pats his back, trying to comfort him, and he nods with appreciation. The bridesmaids started to walk down the aisle. Hansol didn't recognize any of the girls, as he was not close to the bride. The first was the maid of honor who must've been the brides' sister, the second was.. Someone really familiar.
 
...Polly? No.. It can't be. I must've gone crazy.
 
He tried to put away those thoughts but he kept watching her, she was smiling, looking at him, only at him. Hansol kept seeing Polly, he kept thinking of the roller coaster. She was there. She was literally there, in a pastel pink bridesmaid gown, holding a mini bouquet like she did when they took wedding pictures. Her hair was curled, and she was beautiful to his eyes.
 
Is that really her.. Polly...POLLY!
 
He wanted to move but he knew he shouldn't. He had a different smile, a smile filled with satisfaction, love, happiness, and a little bit of a laugh. 
 
Hansol, it's me..it's Polly..
 
They both exchanged soft happy sobs while approaching each other.
When Polly arrived at the altar, the two had their eyes glued to each other. And when the bride came, some eyes were watching Hansol and Polly smile and stare into each others eyes, whispering to each other  who the mystery bridesmaid was. 
 
They both mouth the words "Hi." They kept staring and the day suddenly became their wedding day, but they had to snap out of it because they weren't the ones getting married.
 
 It was time for Ricky and his bride to exchange their vows. They wrote their own and they read. Ricky and his new wife kiss and there's applause. After the newlywed couple go down the aisle, it should've been the flower girl and ring bearer, then the maid of honor and the best man, then the rest. But when it was time for the best man to hook arms with the Maid of honor, Hansol takes Polly's hands, and brings her onto the altar where Ricky and His wife was before. He reaches deep into his pocket and pulls out 2 charm bracelets with charms of mugcakes, nerd glasses, a photo booth, wedding shoes, headphones, pepero, and literally everything they did together. It was filled with memories. Polly started to tear up, he slips the charm bracelet onto her left wrist, and she takes the other and slips it on Hansol's wrist. He looks into her eyes and says,
 
"I love you"
 
She replies happily with,
 
"I love you too!" She jumps onto Hansol and he spins her around. And they stop and kiss,
 
I love feeling her smile every time we kiss.
 
They finally hook arms and they walk down the aisle, the crowd this time is filled with howls and whistles, which would probably disappoint the REAL wedding couple, but when Ricky watched from afar his cousin being happy, he was happy too. Hansol and Polly didnt talk, their smiles spoke everything. 
 
~*~*~*To be continued with a part 2 Wedding Bells~*~*~*
 
This chapter seemed a little long I just HAD to cut it! Tell me what you think you guys! Comment below and subscribe because that helps me a lot! Thank you for subscribing, next chapter will be uploaded super soon! Sooo how did Polly become the mystery bridesmaid? And wow Hansol FINALLY gave her the bracket, wow, what a proposal. I have goosebumps guys ...