Working Faith

The Wallflower of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
8 Working Faith  

 

We don't have any class together on Wednesday, since I don't have a cellphone, I gave my room number instead. So that we could exchange book after my French class. 5 more minutes till the bell rung and here we are having our recitation.

 

“Mademoiselle  Choi Jaehyu!” My professor Madame Chaveú called my name. Crap! It's my turn. I slowly stood up.

“Oui, Madame.”

“Pouvez-vous me donner des citations ou des vers français?" (Can you give me any french quotes or verses?) 

 

I didn’t understand and I gulped. 3 weeks of studying french is still not enough for me to understand every word she's saying.

 

“Répétez s'il vous plait.” (please, repeat.) I said.

“Pouvez-vous me donner des citations ou des vers français?” she said slower and put emphasis on each word. But the only thing that I understand is verse. Better try than getting 0

“C'est courageux d'aller dans l'inconnu” means It's courageous to go into territory unknown. Good thing I remembered it to some book that I read before.

“Pourquoi avez-vous choisi cette citation?" (Why did you choose this quote?) pourquoi, means why. Uhm… why what?

“Parce que... je veux explorer et d'aller à l'aventure” (Because I want to explore and go adventure.) I am not confident with my answer and my grammar as well but better try my luck. Madame smiled at me.

“Trés bien, Mademoiselle” I gave a curt bow then the bell rung, signaling us that our 3hrs class has come to end.

 

I pack my things and exited the room. I saw Kim Jongin leaning at the wall with his headphones. His eyes closed. I saw some of the girls from my french class checking him out and giggling. I tap his shoulder. He push himself to stand straight and slid his headphones down to cling around his neck then run his hand through his hair. At some point I found myself enchanted by himbut I quickly dismissed the thought. 

 

“Hey, do you have your next class?”

“No, I… Its my break time already actually.” I get the book at my bag and hand it to him.

“Here” He grab the book and stuffed it to his bag and handed me a book.

“Thanks” he said before I reached for the book. I placed the book inside my bag.

“You’re going outside too right?” he asked.

“Yeah” by that we walk side by side and exited the building. I was about to bid my farewell…

“By the way, you speak great in french.” he smiled sincerely.

“I’ll go now.” he walked away before I can even react. I was caught off guard by his compliment and his smile. I don't know what to feel whether to be shy, bothered or embarrassed. But I thought he was wearing his headphones? How did he heard me? My mind was full of question as I continue to walk.

 

“Woah, Choi Jaehyu is day dreaming,” I turn around and saw Jongdae.

“I… I am not.” I said almost a whisper.

“And she is stuttering! I wonder what are you thinking, eh?” I walk pass by him making sure to bump his shoulder hard.

“You’re quite strong for your figure.” He laughs and trailed behind me.

 

The following day after my visit at the infirmary, I bump into Jongdae and of course he asked why do I walk limply so I told him the truth, I fell at the stairs. After that we seem to bump once in awhile in the corridor or somewhere else. He always accompany me when he has time and by that we became close. Closest thing I have as a friend, I guess.

 

“Today is Wednesday!” he cheered.

“So?”

“So… it means we get to eat together! Because you know my friends has their own agenda every Wednesday.” We walk our way to our usual spot at the main stadium and head at the bench.

“You know what I am quite curious with your so called friends” I said as we sat down and opened our packed lunch. I hear him scoff.

“FYI, they are real. Just wait, one day I’ll introduce you to them.”

“Nah, I’ll pass.” then we ate our lunch while talking about the how anarchy contributes to today's international relations. After we ate, we separate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter