His Girl Friend

The Wallflower of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
18 His Girl Friend  

I stare at Midsummer Night’s Dream book in my hand. I was so awkward when Jaehyu returned the book to me and I grunted in frustration as I roll on my bed.

 

“What’s happening to me???” I asked myself.


 

 

It was our English class and I sat beside Jaehyu. All of our interaction earlier replayed in my mind and I can’t help but to feel giddy about it like I can feel my cheeks blushing. If before I always look at Jaehyu, this time I can’t even face her. I just feel all jumpy and all. I tried to focus on the lesson while taking a peak at Jaehyu from time to time. One hour felt like an eternity. I really like seating beside her but today I just want to sink in the ground. I just want to grab her and keep her in my pocket. Something like that.

The bell rang indicating our class has come to an end. I quickly fixed my things and stood up to exit but I stopped as I took my first step. I didn’t even talked a word to Jaehyu since the class started. She might think, I’m avoiding her. I hesitantly turned around and my eyes widened as I come face to face with Jaehyu. I instantly took a step back.

 

“Uhm.. I… just want to say goodbye.” I said awkwardly and she just nod her head lightly.

“Okay, bye.”

 

She said and I turn around again to exit the room but the moment I stepped out of the room…

 

“Jongin?”

 

I heard her call my name and I stopped. I think I can hear my heartbeat. I don’t know how many seconds passed but I just noticed that she’s already in front of me. She’s handing me a book.

 

“Your book. I finished reading it ages ago, I just keep on forgetting to give it back to you. Thank you.”

 

She said and gave me a warm smile and I think the oxygen in my body just cut off and I’m stuck staring at her.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

She asked again. I blinked couple times at her before I shook my head and chuckled nervously.

 

“I… yes. I just don’t feel well.” I reasoned out and her eyes turned into slits and I found it cute,

“Your sentence is a bit contradicting.” She puff a chuckle.

“I’ll go ahead now. You should rest.”

 

By that she walk away and I was left staring at her back.

 

 

“Oh my god.”

 

I hastily  sat up when I heard someone talked.

 

“What? Have you heard of knocking before?” I asked irritatedly at my sister and she just scoff before laughing.

“I did knock, .” She retorted and I just rolled my eyes and slump back to my bed.

“Did I just saw you spacing off? I swear you look like a lovestruck puppy.”

“I am not! What do you want anyway?”

“Mom told me that if you won’t dye your hair back, we will. She’ll buy a hair dye soon. So if I were you better go to the salon.”

“Fine.”

 

I sigh in defeat and next thing I heard was my door being closed. I finally stood up and went to my study table to make myself useful. I pulled out Jaehyu’s notebook from my bag and wrote things down. I studied some codes before going to sleep.

 

 

 

 

“All that matters is that I love you, right?”

“I love you so much.”


 

I opened my eyes and slowly sat up. Why the hell I’m dreamin of Krystal? She’s the last person I want to think of. My dream is from our memory and it reminded me of the pain that I long buried. I took a deep breath before heading to the kitchen. I pitched myself a glass of water to ease my throbbing head. I remembered the book that Jaehyu lend me. I haven’t seen it for weeks and I still have few chapters left to finish it. Distracting myself with a thought of Jaehyu, I decided to go back to sleep again.



 

Tuesday started as I walked in my Physical Science class. Jongin is already  seated.

 

“Hey, just wondering if we can work on the project later.”

 

He said while I settle myself in my seat. As if I’ll do anything else than to go home. I nod and looked at him.

 

“Okay.”

 

He just stared at me for a second then flashed me his signature boyish grin.

 

“Cool.”

 

By that the class started. I didn’t bother to listen to my professor and I started to review my notes for my next class. We’ll be having a long quiz in international trade, also not to mention my oral revalida in comparative politics. I can’t wait for this day to end. To many information to take in and I can’t afford to fail. I didn’t even know how the class went on because the next thing I know, someone tap my shoulder and I looked up.

 

“The class already ended.”

 

Jongin said and I look around to confirm. The students are exiting the room.

 

“Oh.” I muttered under my breath and fixed my things.

“Looks like your pretty busy studying.”

 

I stood up only to see Jongin waiting for me. We both exited the room.

 

“Yeah, I have this long quiz in my major subject.” I said.

“Well, goodluck and see you later at Shakespeare.” He said as he pump his fist in the air and smiled boyishly.

“I need all the luck that I can get. Thank you.” I said and unconsciously smiled at him.

“Bye.”

 

He said and I just nod. We went on our separate ways. My morning goes on until it was lunch time. I exited the CSS building to find a spot to eat my lunch. I breathed heavily to shrug off my thoughts on the quiz.

 

“At least, I got over it already.”

 

I said to myself and sat down under tree and started to eat my lunch. Thanks to the wonderful vending machine again.

 

“Oh, Jaehyu?”

 

I look up to see Nami and an unknown girl beside her.

 

“H-hi.”

 

I said and silently prayed that they won’t stay too long. I’m still not confident in making new friends and I feel extremely awkward, knowing she’s Jongin’s Girlfriend. I feel kind of guilty of somesort.

 

“Can we sit here? I mean this is a really good spot.”

 

She said with all smiles and I hesitantly nod.

 

“By the way, this is Jae Ah, my best friend. Jae Ah, this is Jaehyu.” Nami introduced. I covered my mouth to swallow my food and gave Jae ah a curt bow.

 

“Nice to meet you, Jaehyu. Nami talks about you a lot.”

 

She said. She’s a bit chubby and has a long hair. I gulped nervously. As they made eye contact before laughing. Of course, I’m someone who spend time with her boyfriend. I think she secretly hates me or I don’t know. Maybe, she’ll confront me about Jongin. You know typical drama situation, telling me to back off of Jongin. It’s not like I’m intentionally wanting to get close to him. I wanted to avoid him the first time I saw him. Maybe, I should ask my professor to change my partner. I think that Chanyeol guy was able to change his partner. Maybe, I can do the same or is it too late already. I-

 

“Jaehyu?”

 

Nami called me and both of them looking at me. Are they asking me something? I was so busy with my own thoughts. I just wish the tree can eat me up.

 

“I was asking about Kai.” She said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter