Close Interaction

The Wallflower of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
17 Night Out & Interactions    

“Ajumma!”

 

We all greeted as we enter our favorite food tent. Good thing there are only few customers meaning they have more space for twelve men. The old lady over the counter was surprise but she greeted us with her big smile making her eyes disappear.

 

“Finally! My boys are back!” She said as she assisted us. She attempted to prepare a long table for us but we beat her to it.

 

“Ajumma, we got this, okay?” Xuimin said as he got the foldable table to the old lady’s hand. Luhan and Sehun helped Xuimin hyung in arranging our table and the rest pull the chairs for our table.

 

“You guys never change. It’s been a while since I saw you!”

 

She clasped her hand in glee and we just laughed at her. We always eat here since when were in highschool though Luhan, Kris, Lay and Tao only goes here during their vacation. We all took our seat and settled in. I sat in between Suho hyung and Tao.

 

“Ajumma, we’ll get everything and 5 bottles of soju for the first round. My treat.” Kris hyung said and we all cheered. Ajumma clapped her hands

“Okay, okay. I’ll be back in a few boys! Hyunjun, give them glass of water!” She ordered her helper and before she turned her heels. She went closer to Kris hyung and place a hand on his shoulder.

“I’m really sorry for what happened and I hope you’re okay now.” Ajumma said in a soft voice and Kris hyung just nod with a smile.

“I’m okay now.” By that she disappeared through the small kitchen.

“It feels like your birthday, hyung.” Baekhyun chuckled as he addressed it to Kris.

“Nah. Just want to eat with you guys and beside we haven’t done since the incident happened.”

 

Kris hyung said and by that all of us fell into silent but not the awkward kind of silent but a comforting one.

 

“I’m glad, you’re okay now.” Suho hyung sling his arm around Kris and he just smiled in return and by that all of us smiled.

“I miss this!” Luhan said and we laughed and we chitchat as we waited for the food.

 

“Hey, I rarely see you at the univ.”  Tao nudge me.

“I can say the same. Where are your classes at?” I asked.

“CALS building, you?”

“No wonder, we don’t see each other. Mine’s at CSS building. Not all but most of it.” I answered.

“I just wished the COE building will be done soon. Walking from building to building is tiring.” Sehun said.

“Same, CALS building is pretty much crowded.” Lay said and we all agreed.

 

After few more minutes ajumma served our food with her helper. When ajumma placed the plate in front of me, she stopped and smiled at me for a second.

“So, where’s your girlfriend?” Ajumma asked with an innocent smile and as if an angel passed by, our table turned quiet and looked at the both of us. My eyes widened.

 

“Oh… I--” I was about to come up with an excuse when Ajumma looked at my friends with confusion and interrupted me.

“You guys, don’t know? Ah, you haven’t told them yet?” She said as she pat my back.

“I’m sorry to spoil you guys.” 

 

She said while giggling and went back to the kitchen and all the wolves are staring at me preparing to eat me.

 

“I-It’s not w-what you thi-” I was about to explain again when someone interrupted me.

“You got back with her!?” Kyungsoo said with his owl like eyes.

“No! I did not!” I defended and scoff and drank my water.

 

Ajumma came back with other dishes and placed it on our table. I saw Chen hyung smiled evilly at me before asking Ajumma.

 

“Ajumma, what does the girl looks like?” Chen asked and all ears was waiting and I just facepalm myself.

“Oh, she’s beautiful! She’s simple but pretty. She has very nice dark brown hair and her face is not that slim but her jawline is visible. Her lips kinda small but pouty and she’s this tall.” She described Jaehyu with hand gestures.

“Ah.Thank you Ajumma. Looks like our little Nini is keeping a girl away from us.” Chen said with a teasing tone and I just throw a tissue at him.

“Shut up.” I hissed.

“You should introduce her to us!” Chanyeol gleefully said.

“How come you didn’t told us? Ajumma was the first one to know.” Suho complained.

“This is nice! Our Kaikai has already moved on!”

 

I just want the ground to eat me. They just continued to throw question at me and I just ignored them and grunted endlessly. This guys enjoyed teasing me to death. I should've   taken Jaehyu to other food tent that night. If it weren’t for Ajumma’s delicious chicken feet.

 

 

After we left the convenience store we rode a bus going to Seoul’s main district. I let her took the window seat and she seem distracted with the view that we come to passed by for twenty minutes and I just can’t help but to look at her from time to time. I slightly bumped her shoulder with mine.

 

“You okay?” I asked and she just hummed and gave me a nod.

 

As we reached our destination. I made sure to exit the bus first with her saddle bag on my arm and plastic of supplies in my hand. I reached my hand out at her as she stepped down the stair. She was hesitant to take my hand at first, so I smiled at her then took her hand so that she can get off the bus. Without letting go of her hand we walk the street of Insadong, looking for my favorite food tent as we get nearer to an identical food tent as the other but except for the non-transparent cover.

 

“Here we are.” I gladly said and we entered.

“Oh!” Ajumma welcomed us as she recognized me.

“Jongin, looks like you’re not with your friends.” She giggled and guided to our table and I finally let go of Jaehyu’s hand.

“Yes, I’m not with them, Ajumma.” I replied with a smile while she wipe our table.

“Now, I really feel old. You’re now bringing your girlfriend here!”

 

She slap my shoulder lightly and even before I can correct her she already went back to the counter. I shyly glanced at Jaehyu and she just looked at Ajumma confusely then back at me.

 

“Sorry about that.” I lightly chuckle.

“What do you want to eat?” I asked and she looked at the hand-written menu by the counter.

“You should try their ramyeon. It’s very tasty.” I suggested and she shifted her attention to me.

“Okay. I’ll try that.” She said and I can’t help but to smile.

“Japchae is good too. Oh, do you eat chicken feet? It’s their best seller here.”

 

I blabbered as I looked through the menu by the counter and when I looked back at Jaehyu, she’s still looking at me and I felt my heart went crazy again when she slightly smiled at me.

 

“Okay.”

 

I quickly looked away and called ajumma to call in our order and our night went on by eating though we’re both quiet, it wasn’t awkward as usual. It's kinda comfortable and I can't help but to feel fuzy.

 

 

And remembering her smiles tugs my lips upward.

 

“OH MY GOD!” I woke up in my daydream when I heard Baekhyun.

“So it is true!” He said.

“What true?” I asked as I furrowed my eyebrow and they all laughed.

“You just literally spaced off, Kai.” Xuimin hyung said.

“I-I’m just thinking of something.”

“Something or… someone?” Sehun teased and another round of laughter again.

“Jeez! I don’t have a girlfriend, okay!?” I said irritatedly and continued their laughter and I just ate my food. After a few round of teasing me the soju has been served.

 

“Before we drink the night away, I think Kris should say some few words.” Suho hyung suggested and we all agreed.

 

“Okay, Mr. President.” Kris hyung joked at Suho and we all laughed.

“First, I just want to tell you guys, how thankful I am. Ever since the incident happened you guys was nothing but patient to me. I never knew what could happen if you guys didn’t help me.” We all just nod as we understand how things was hard for him.

“Thank you Chen, Lay, Xuimin, Tao and Luhan for following me in China and for the rest thank you for never forgetting to check up on me.” He said and I saw glint in his eyes.

“Oh, Gege! Don’t cry please!” Tao said but he’s the one who’s shedding tears already by that we laughed.

 

“Lili’s first death anniversary is coming soon and I still miss her… everyday and.. And I still have regrets but I’m gonna live through this. I just want you guys to know that I’m gonna pick up what I left and I’ll be stronger.”  I felt a tear at the corner of my eye and the others too.

 

“Now! Let’s drink this night away and it’s time for us to get back on our feet and have fun like we used too. I’m sure Lili is happy that we’re together again!”

 

Lay hyung lifted the mood up and we all took the shot of soju at the same time. The night went on as we chill and laughed together. By the end of the night half of us is already drunk.

 

“Okay… I wanna show ‘ya guys my new wushu tech..nique” Tao said with a red face and stood up

“No! Not here.” Lay dragged him down to sit again but Tao fell over the chair and we erupted in laughter as they continue to have their slurry argument. They also started blabbering in Chinese. I saw Kyungsoo having hiccups with drowsy eyes. I heard a gasp from Baekhyun.

 

“Us, drink... twenty.. One, two, three, four, five. Oh my god. Twenty five suju. Oh my god.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter