The Memories of Pain

The Wallflower of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
2 The Memories of Pain  


I grew up in the orphanage. Even though I’m an orphan, I still consider myself as blessed, why? Because I know someone loves me and someone cares for me. Sister Kyumi and Sister Jimin is the one who took care of me ever since. I also have a lot of friends in the orphanage but of course I only have one best friend… Krystal, her real name is Jung Soojung. She’s not from the orphanage but her family is one of the investor of our orphanage. I’ve been adopted twice. The first time was, when I was 7 yrs old I was so happy with my foster parents until I turned 12, we caught in a car accident. Due to financial problem of my foster parents, the orphanage took me again. On my 15th  birthday I was adopted by the Lee’s. My foster Mom loves me so much. I thought my foster Dad loves me too but I was wrong. After a year, I turned 16 my foster Mom went to Japan because of her work since my foster Dad lost his job. So I was left with him. Even though I’ve been adopted twice never I lose my contact with Krystal. I was in my freshmen year when I met Taemin. He was a transferee in our school. We became friends but I never thought I’ll fall for him, same goes for him. He’s always there every time I needed someone. He always comforts me. He understands me very well. He accepts me for who I am. He confessed to me when we were in sophomore. Our relationship lasted for 2 years.


“Oh my gosh! Am I dreaming?” I squeled in excitement as I read the letter in my hands.

“What happened? Are you okay?” Taemin asked in concern.

“I-I’m okay, look!” I pass the letter to him.

“Wow, Choi Jaehyu! This is great! They read your article! They’re offering you a scholarship!”

“Yes! I’m so happy! I can continue my studies at New York. I can take my college there! I can fulfill my dream to be a Journalist!” 


Suddenly Taemin became quite. Days passed and he seems so bothered. Until he broke the ice.


“Jaehyu?”

“Yes?” I beamed at him

“So, do you want to talk about what’s been bothering you these days?” I continued

“Uh… are you really going to New York? Are going to continue your studies there? Are you really sure? It means you’re going to leave m—“

“Is that the reason why you’ve been so bothered? Because of that?”

“Ofcourse! You’re leaving me! I’m your boyfriend, so as much as possible I want to be with you all the time.” He sulked as he put both of his hands in his pockets. After he rant, I just smiled at him then I hugged him. He hugged me back tighter.

“ I know this will sound so… selfish but… can you please… not go? Don’t leave me please. We can finish our highschool here then we can go to SNU. We can do that together please don’t go… don’t leave me… I love you so much.”


I thought about it for almost 2 weeks. So I end up, giving up that scholarship. I gave up my dream for Taemin. That’s how much I love him. I can make new dreams with him, right? A few months later, he received a scholarship letter from Japan but he kept it from me. The day before his departure, He confessed.

"What!?  You’re going to Japan!? W-wait. You received that letter a month ago then you kept it from me!?” I can't help but to raised my voice.

“Jaehyu, you know that my family is in great debt. This is the only way to help them--”

“I sacrificed my dreams for you, you know that, right? Because you told me, you don’t want me to leave you! Look at us now! You’re leaving me! You’re so unfair!”

“I’ll be back for you, I promise—“

“You know what hurts more? You kept it from me. Let’s just forget this! I can’t do anything about this.”

“Jaehyu, please don’t—“

“If I ask you to stay, will you stay?” I look at him straight in his eyes but he just looked away. By that I already knew his answer. My tears fell as I walk away. The day of his departure, he went to our house.  As I opened the door, Taemin hugged me and I can feel him crying. No words have been spoken yet but I just can't help but cry too.


“Jaehyu, Sorry… I'm so sorry. I don’t know how will I tell you. I’m sorry.”

“It’s my turn to be selfish, right?” I cried and hugged him tighter. “Please… Taemin, d-don't go. Don’t leave me, please..” I sobbed in his arms.

“I promise, I’ll be back for you, okay? I’ll write letters, I’ll email you. Just wait for me, okay? I’ll be back for you.” He said those words as he cup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter