Working Things Out

The Wallflower of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
10 Working Things Out

 

The week bought us nothing but stress and frustration due to examination. I am much more glad to go to school today, knowing that I have surpassed the hell week. Monday means another week to begin. I was doing my long sleeve’s buttons when I notice Jongin’s book at my study table. I have finished his book yesterday. I stuffed it inside my messenger bag and made my way to the campus. I enter the room on time.

 

“After the roll call please proceed to your partner to start your study.”

 

Our professor announced. I bit my lower lip… Jeez. I forgot about that. He finished his roll call and everyone started to go to their partners. Before I could contemplate what to do. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I look up to see Jongin towering over me.

 

“Hey.” he said, grabing the chair, pulling it closer to me before he sat. He read the paper he was holding while fiddling with his lower lip. I found myself observing him so I distract myself by checking my notes on my notebook absentmindedly.

 

 

“Okay,” I said much firmer than I intended to. I placed the paper down. I looked at her.

“I know you don’t like me that much but we need to work on this project--”

“What?” she interrupted me.

“What, what?” I asked.

“What makes you think I don't like you? How is it easy for you to judge?” Her eyebrows met at her question.

“I…” I took a deep breath.

“You always give me this scared look. I can see it to your eyes that you are threatened by me. I don't even know why. You always make me feel guilty without me doing anything. S-so I assumed that you don't like me. I didn't judged you, I assumed. There’s a difference, okay?” I can see it through her eyes that I got her. Silence feel upon us.

“That's why you should bare with me through out the semester.” I pretend to read the piece paper.

“Sorry, I-I didn't mean to make you feel that way.” She stared at her notebook.

“Let’s start later. What time is your break?” she asked.

“12nn to 2 pm” I answered to fast for my liking.

“Let’s meet at Jahayeon pond after you eat. For now, let’s draft questions or something that we can do for us to progress and we’ll do the brainstorming later.” I nod then she started to get her notebook and pen and I did the same. Minutes feels like years then finally the bell rang. Jaehyu fixed her things then exited the room. For the first time I was looking forward to lunch. I made sure to pass by the bookstore at the student center to buy something.

 

“Nami, tell them I won’t join them for lunch” I pat her shoulder then she looked at me with wide eyes

“Eh!? Why won’t you tell them yourself and you have your phone for a reason!” She rolled her eyes and I pat her again then pretended to shoot her with my point finger and made my way out.

“Yah! You think its cool!? What makes you think I’ll tell them!?” I heard her screaming and I just chuckled to myself knowing she’ll do it anyway.  I passed by a vending machine and bought myself some snacks.

 

 

Since its lunch time, no one is really hanging out by the pond, which I smiled to myself knowing that I’ll have this lovely view to myself. I pull out my packed lunch and started eating. I ate my lunch in peace while thinking to myself then suddenly an idea struck me. I just thought of a verse for a poem. I grab my journal and started writing.

 

Wind endulge me as pain do the same

 

I just have these moments. Thinking of verses randomly. I lay the notebook down and continued my meal.

 

“Hi.” My eyes widened and swallowed before looking up.

“I-I thought.. Uh.. I mean you're early” I said as I cover mouth. I saw his lips twitched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter