Check-up Feels

The Wallflower of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
24 CHECK-UP FEELS  

“Hey.”

 

I almost shrieked when someone suddenly held my wrist as I exited the room. My last class for today.

 

“Jongin.” I greeted him and he flashed me his signature smile.

“Let’s go?” He asked.

“Go where?”

“You did promise me that you’ll follow everything I’ll say.”

“Yeah, But--”

“No Buts.”

 

Without letting go of my wrist, he dragged me wherever he’s going. We keep on walking across the field. He glances at me from time to time as if checking me if I’m behind him. Well, does he realize I’m not going anywhere ‘coz he’s practically holding me? 

 

I can’t help but to look at his side profile. An unsettling feeling sets in my stomach. A memory of Taemin suddenly popped up in my head. I closed my eyes to shrug it away. I felt Jongin halt and I hit on his broad shoulder.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked in concern.

“Uh… Yes. I...uh just felt nauseous.”

“We really need to go now.”

 

We started walking again until I realized that we’re in the parking lot. We walked to his car and then he opened the passenger seat.

 

“Get in.” 

 

Without any protest I got inside his car. He closed my door before walking around in the driver seat.

 

“Can I know where we’re going?” I asked then the car roared to life.

“To the hospital.”

“But I can’t afford--”

“It’s already arranged. I got this.” he assured me and I noticed that we already left the campus premises.

“That’s too much. I cannot accept--- I don’t want to be your charity case.”

“Hey, Jaehyu.” he calmly said as we stopped at a stoplight.

“You’re not a charity case, okay? Fine, to make you feel better. You owe me. You’re gonna pay me by helping me out when the time comes.” then he hit the gas again.

“But that’s not fair on your end. Hospital bills are expensive and--”

“Shhh. Don’t talk to me anymore, I can’t concentrate on the road.” 

 

I slumped back at my seat and shut my mouth. I caught him looking at me with a playful smirk. I just sigh and look outside the window. Damn you and your gorgeous face, Kim Jongin. 

 

“Ready?” he asked. We reached the parking lot at the hospital’s basement.

“No.” 

 

I nervously answered. He just chuckled and got off the car. I did the same. I just held my messenger bag tighter. I tailed behind him until we reached the elevator. He hit the 8th floor and went to my side. The elevator stopped twice to get some passengers to the other floors. They’re all nurses and the moment they see Jongin, they give a courteous bow. Jongin mirrored their gesture with a smile.  My eyebrows knitted and looked at Jongin. He just sheepishly smiled. I narrowed my eyes and he chuckled. The corner of my lips tugged. We reached our destination.

 

“Ladies first.” 

 

He said as he spread an arm, signaling me to go. I heard the nurses cooing and I quickly ducked my head and grabbed Jongin’s wrist to exit the elevator. My heart beat louder, in embarrassment maybe?

 

“Do you know where we are heading?” he teased and instantly dropped his wrist. I stopped in my tracks too.

“You’re pinkish.” There he goes with his chuckle.

“Am not.” 

“Oh! Kim Jongin?”

 

I raised my head to look at the stranger.

 

“Dr. Shim” Jongin bowed and I did the same.

“Oh. What do we have here? Your girlfriend?” 

“She’s--” Jongin was interrupted by the doctor.

“Hello. I am Dr. Shim. A Nephrologist. I am glad to meet our hospital’s heir’s girlfriend, finally.”

 

He stuck his hand out to shake hands but Jongin blocked him and released a nervous laugh. I am utterly surprised. I can’t even react. 

 

“Hehehe. She’s--” once again interrupted by Dr. Shim.

“What are you doing here?” he then gasped so loud as he looked ahead of us.

 

I followed his gaze and turned my back to see a signage that says OBGYN. Oh no! He’s having the wrong idea!

 

“No! That’s not what you think.” I retorted quickly. Jongin was confused and turned his back to read the sign at the door behind us.

 

“Does your parents already know about this?”

“Hyung!!!!” Jongin called the doctor too loud that everyone in the hallway looked at him. He just chuckled awkwardly and bowed as a form of apology. The doctor laughed.

 

“Hyung. This is Jaehyu. My FRIEND.” He said, putting emphasis on the friend part. I can see how frustrated Jongin is.

 

“We’re here to have her follow up check-up and for her x-ray too.”

“Oh!” he laughed then he instantly stopped and fixed his coat.

“My bad.” he bowed at me.

“Uh… It’s okay.” I gave him an awkward smile.

“Forgive my silly cousin, Jaehyu.” Jongin laughed and patted the doctor’s arm.

“Anyway, we might be late in our appointment, Dr. Shim.” Jongin announced

“Ah, yes. Nice meeting you, Jaehyu.”

“Same here, Dr. Shim” 

 

I bowed. I felt Jongin tugged my wrist. So, I walked beside him.

 

“I’m sorry about that. Changmin hyung is very silly.” he shyly apologized while he scratched the back of his head.

 

“It’s fine.” I gave him a small smile.

“So, your family owns this hospital? How come you didn’t told me?” I said.

“Well, I don’t know how to tell you. I don’t want to sound like I’m bragging.”

“That explains why the nurses are giving you a courteous bow.”

 

I teased and he just chuckled.

 

“Here we are, princess.” he said as we stopped in front of a room with a doctor’s name on the door.

 

Jongin knocked before opening the door. 

 

“You’re here! Right on time.” a lady in her late 40’s greeted us. 

“I’ll just wait for you outside.” my eyes widened

“You’re not going in?”

“I gave it a thought and I don’t want you to be uncomfortable in case you want your privacy.” 

 

I felt some in the pit of my stomach. Something felt giddy inside of me. 

 

“I want you to be with me.” 

 

I said without any thought. He was caught off guard and he was about to say something but close his mouth again. Oh, God. Why did I say that? I ducked my head in embarrassment and went inside the doctor’s office.

 

Jongin and I greeted her and took a seat in front of her desk.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter