Knowing His Past

The Wallflower of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
20 Knowing His Past  

“Here you go.”

 

A palette of hair color was presented in front of me. I felt Jongin  sat beside me as I look through the colors of hair dye. 

 

“Are you sure that your gonna make me pick?” I ask quietly

“Yeah, I am 100% sure.” I look at him and he presented me a grin.

“My mom has been threatening me lately.  She's going to dye my hair herself if I don't dye it back.” He continued.

“Okay then. Go ahead and I'll be the one to tell the stylist what color it will be.”

 

I announced and he stood up to go on a salon chair but he stopped and turned around again.

 

“Should I be nervous right now?” He asked warily

“You should be.” I joked and his eyes grew. I huff a small chuckle.

“Go now I  will wait for you here.”

“Okay.  Are you cool  staying here?”

 

I nod and I went to a stylist to tell the color of hair dye for Jongin. She took in my request and went to Jongin afterwards. I went back to the couch and made myself comfortable. I pull out my notebook-- actually it’s Jongin’s since we haven’t exchanged notebook yet. I read some of notes about him. I pulled out the folded paper to read our topics for our project.

Categories:

Love Family Dream Traits/Character/Attitude Eg. When he/she is mad,sad, etc. Hobbies Likes and dislike Saddest/Happiest moment Past Present Future

 

I read over and over again, trying to think of questions that will help us to move on with this project. I was busy thinking of things that I didn’t notice the time.

 

“Hey.”

 

A low smooth voice said and it made me stop thinking whatever I was thinking and looked up.  Kim Jongin is standing in front of me with a newly dyed hair. He also got his hair trimmed. I was caught in the moment. I think he look more charming than ever.

 

“How does it look?” He asked shyly.

 

I knew Chestnut Brown will look good on him. He looks more handsome. I felt my heart fastened it’s phased.

 

“That bad, huh?” I woke up in my train of thoughts.

“N-no. It’s-- Uh… It suits you.”

 

I shyly reply. Stop beating like that! I reprimand my heart in my head as if it will follow me.

 

“Really?” His face brightened up.

“Yeah. You also got your hair short.”

“Yes. Sorry for making you wait though.”

“No. It’s okay. No worries.”  I said and packed my belongings before standing up.

“Are you hungry? Let’s grab some food and we can asks questions there.”

 

My stomach grumble before I can even answer and unconsciously placed my hand on my belly. I felt my cheeks warmed due to embarrassment.  

 

“I’ll take that as a yes.” He chuckled.

 

I gave him an awkward smile and we exited the salon. We walked side by side. We arrived at a local fast food chain. I tried to recall how much money left in my wallet.

 

“I hope you like fried chicken. What do you like to eat?”

 

He asked as we stood in front of the counter and looking through the menu. I quickly scanned for the cheapest meal they have. I didn’t know I was taking too long until Jongin grabbed both of my shoulders. He was behind me. I was startled and I was about to look behind but Jongin’s face was too close for my liking. His face was at my side.

 

“You know what? Why don’t you look for a seat, I’ll order for us. My treat.”

“B-but--”

“No Buts. You accompany me at the salon. I got this.”

 

I tried to retort back but he beat me to it by pushing me lightly to the side.

 

“Go look for a seat.”

 

There he goes with his boyish smile. I just followed his instruction and looked for a seat. I found a seat beside the window near the counter. After few minutes he arrived with our meal. I think my mouth is watering. Oh, the smell is just appetizing already.

 

“Let’s dig in.” He said.

 

By that we both eat. I think we’re in the same boat, we’re both hungry. No one speak a word. The sun is already setting.

 

“We can talk there, after we eat.” He pointed at the cafe across the street.

“Better ambiance than here.”

 

I can’t help but to agree. It’s a bit noisy here. Maybe too much actually. We finished our meal and we crossed the street as what he said. The smell of the coffee filled my nostril and I feel relaxed by it. The cafe has a beautiful interior and they’re playing soft music too. I like it here. It’s been awhile since I visited a cafe.

 

“Can I get you something?” Jongin offered.

“No, I’m good. I’ll look for a seat.”

 

I walked away before he can insist. I walked around the cafe and found us a good spot, away from other customers. After a minute Jongin sat in front of me.

 

“I got us desserts.” He announced happily.

“So you like sweets?” I asked curiously

“Are we doing the questioning now?” He said jokingly.

“But to answer that yes I do. I also love fried chicken!” He answered anyway.

“Thank you for the food, Jongin.”

 

 

My heart sped up. Everytime she says my name it just makes my heart crazy! I was caught off guard.

 

“It’s nothing.”

 

I tried to said cooly to masked this giddy feeling I have. Our order came and the waitress placed the cakes and milkshakes on our table.

 

“I don’t know which one you like so you pick first. We both don’t drink coffee so I got us milkshakes instead.” I explained.

“Oh, Thank you. This is too much actually.” She said shyly.

“We can eat those later while we talk.” I suggested.

 

After a minute of dreaded awkward silence. She started to speak.

 

“Is it okay if I ask you the same question?” She said and my eyebrows met. I haven’t asked anything yet.

“I mean during our shakespeare class.” She cleared and I tried to recall the question.

“Have you been in love before?” She asked in a soft voice.

 

Goddamnit. I did said she can asked me anything but damn. I can’t lie to her. Telling your ex to someone you like is a bit difficult, isn’t?

 

“Sor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter