Wondering Attraction

The Wallflower of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
7 Wondering Atraction  

She hugged me tightly. Her head buried in the crook of my neck.

“Why? Why did you do it?”

 

I abruptly opened my eyes. Just a dream, Jongin. There's something in her voice, in her touch. I can feel her pain. Everything is so surreal. So vivid. I look at my nightstand and the digital clock says 5:40am. I tried to go back to sleep but I can't. I decided to take a bath and dressed myself. I went downstairs and see my mother cooking breakfast.

 

“Oh! Jongin-ah, is in it too early for you to get up?” My mother asked. I glanced at the grandfather clock, 6:30am.

“Yeah, I decided to go to school early since I forgot to do some homeworks.” I reasoned while walking my way to the kitchen.

“Okay then. Take your breakfast and please take your car today, if your father settled his mind in selling that car of yours, you’re going to regret it.” She warned. My eyes widened.

“Your mother is right.” Suddenly my father appeared at the staircase.

“I didn't bought you that car to be a decoration at the garage Kim Jongin.” he stated. He’s already beside me at the kitchen island. I put my hands up.

“Alright, alright. I get it. I am going to use the car today.” I helped my mother to set up the table.

“I can't understand you. I bought you car for your convenience but then you still refer taking the bus or riding with your friends.”

 

My mother just giggled while my father shakes his head. I just shrugged my shoulders. We ate our breakfast much earlier than the usual. I bid my goodbye to my family and went to the garage. I hopped-in in my jet black Maserati Quattroporte S Q4 and drove off to SNU. I arrived at 7:20am. What am I going to do here now? I sling my backpack at my right shoulder and decided to go at the Jahayeon pond where I followed Choi Jaehyu yesterday. I walk at the dock and sat at one of the bench facing the pond. Well, this is relaxing. The breeze traveling around me.  When I looked at my left side, unexpectedly I saw someone sitting at the next bench not far from mine. Choi Jaehyu. She has her eyes closed, earphones plugged in her ears and the wind playing with her hair. I found myself staring at her. Just what the hell are you doing, Kim Jongin? I looked away and pretended that I didn't noticed her. I put my headphones to distract me. I close my eyes.

 

Yesterday we rode the same bus. We were sitting beside each other. We didn't talk until she broke the ice when her stop came, saying

 

 “Thank you for helping and sorry for bothering you”

 

Then offered me a small bow before going out of the bus. I didn't bother to ask her what happened to her. The nurse told me her condition when she fell asleep.

 

“She told me that she fell from the stairs. I advice you that you should take care your girlfriend and when she feel like there's something stinging at her back, bring her to the hospital.”

 

Even before I could correct her assumptions, she left. I didn't expected her to be the clumsy type though. I glance at my wrist watch. I should go to class now. When I look at the bench next to mine, she already left. I kept my headphones in my bag and went to my class.

 

Days passed like a blur, until weeks came….

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter