Can't Help

The Wallflower of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
19 Can't Help  

 

“Uhm… something came up. Let’s just talk tomorrow.”

 

She left even before I answered. I shook my head in an attempt to stop myself from overthinking. We were supposed to talk for our project yesterday but at the last minute she changed her mind and I can’t help but to think if it has something to do with our mini debate during our Shakespeare class. Did I said something wrong? I kept asking myself because my chance to talk to her has went down to drain again. Today is Wednesday and I don’t share any classes with her. My morning class went by with thoughts of Jaehyu in my head. My lunch break came and I received a text message from Chen.

 

From: Chen-terminator

I’ll confess today!!!! Wish me luck!!!!!

 

I gasp. No freaking way that I’ll let this happen!!!!!! I quickly run outside the CALS building and run my way to the CSS building. I sent a quick text to him.

 

From: Jonginnie

Where are you? I think this is not the right time. Let’s plan it over lunch. Let’s meet!

 

 

I can’t help but burst into laughter. Is this his attempt to stop me? Jaehyu looked at me weirdly as I continued to laugh.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” She asked.

“What? My friend just text me a very funny message.” I defended

“The fact that you’re extremely weird is already given but waiting for me outside my French class is creepy.” She said in disgust.

“To add, I also brought you lunch!”

 

I said in glee as I raised the lunch bag in my hand. She glanced at it for a second before giving me the ‘are-you-ing-serious’ face. I just gave her my full smile and she just walk away.

 

“Hey! I put a lot of effort on this!!!” I retorted with a pout and trailed behind her.

“No, thanks. If you want to poison me, don’t be so blunt about it.”

 

I was about to retort again but as we exit the building, I saw Kai from afar. Oh . I hastly dragged Jaehyu under a big tree in front our building and made her seat on the lawn.

 

“What the—”

“Just do me a favor, okay?”

“Why would I?”

“Because you owe me remember?”

 

I said as a matter of fact. I look around to check if Kai is already near. Okay, he haven’t seen us yet but he’s looking around too. I sat in front of her.

 

“Fine but what do you want me to do anyway?” She asked. I quickly rack my brain for an excuse.

“I-I just need to make my-my ex jealous! Yeah, my ex. Right!”

 

Jongdae you’re such a genius!!! I glance around again and Kai is getting near. We made an eye contact and I panicked. I hurriedly open my lunch bag took everything out.

 

“I don’t like this idea of yours. Your ex may be a psycho for all I know. I might get in trouble.”

 

She was about to stood up, not buying my excuse. I stopped her midway by grabbing her hand.

 

“Please???” I pleaded when I saw Kai in my peripheral vision.

“Can you smile?” I asked hastly.

“What?—” She tried to shrug my hand off.

“Jaehyu!”

 

We both turned our heads in Kai’s direction. I smirked as I saw Jaehyu’s surprised reaction. I forcedly tugged Jaehyu’s hand that made her seat again.

 

“Oh, Kai! What are you doing here?”

 

I said mockly and placed my arms over Jaehyu’s shoulder and of course she tried to pried me off but I beat her to it. I saw Kai’s eyes widened then he glared at me.

 

“You know this weirdo too?” Jaehyu asked to Kai seriously before she elbowed me and I doubled over.

“Ow! What was that for!?”

 

I asked and she just gave me a death glare wherein it should have send shivers down my spine of this was any other day but seeing Kai being a and all, makes me disregard any threat coming from the Death Princess.

 

“No, I don’t know him!” Kai answered and I dramatically gasp.

“Did you just said you don’t know me, Kim Jongin?”

“I-I---”

“Anyway, Jaehyu. Let’s ignore this intruder and continue where we left off.” I said and Jaehyu’s eyebrows met again.

“So, as what I was saying that I really really li—" I was interrupted by the almighty kamjjong of course.

“Can I have lunch with you guys!?” Kai said with over enthusiasm and made himself seat beside me. He made me stumble sidewards as he  reached for the lunchbox that I prepared.

“This is delicious! I bet you made this hyung. Wow.” He said while his mouth is full.

 

 

 

“I thought you don’t know him?” Jaehyu asked me and I stopped chewing.

“I… Uh ...” I forcedly swallowed the lump in my throat.

“Are you planning to choke yourself, Kim Jongin?” Chen said before handing me his bottle of water and I gladly accept it. I drank it till the last drop. Jaehyu just observing us.

“I take back what I said earlier. I do know this guy. We’re good friends.” I said as I sling my arms over Chen’s shoulder.

“Right, hyung?” I said with a forced smile.

“So, if I were you, do not trust this guy. He’s a walking bluff.” I said to Jaehyu and her lips broke into a small smile.

“I do agree with that.” She said.

“Hey! What does that mean!?” Hyung retorted and we just laughed.

“Are you sure you didn’t put poison here?” She teased hyung. Are they really that closed?

“I did not!”

“Okay, okay.”

 

Jaehyu said as she picked up a pair of chopsticks and ate. I can’t help but to stare at her. I smiled to myself.  I felt a knudge on my side.

 

“What are you doing? I’m about to confess.” Hyung whispered to me and I just looked at him innocently as I ate a slice of kibimbap.

“Really? You’re going to confess? I didn’t know.” I whispered back.

“Wow.” He scoffed before placing a spoonful of kimchi in my mouth.

“You like her do you?” 

 

He said in a very low menacing tone and I choke. I hit my chest with my fist. Hyung laughed instead of handing me another water bottle.

 

“Here.” Jaehyu handed me a bottle and I drank it. She drew closer and lightly pat my back.

“You, okay?” Hyung asked before he swat Jaehyu’s hand and pat me hard on the back.

“I’m gonna get you later.” I hissed when I finally regained myself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter