043

This Is Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

A car stops by in front of the house and Kylie already knows who it is. She saw Kris from the window; taking out his suitcase and luggage and the car left after. Kris enters in the password and the door clicked open and Kylie was standing a few feet away; staring at him with a mug in her hand and the stared at each other. Her lips parted slightly to say something but she was clueless of what to ask and Kris was hoping she would say something, but then Kylie closed and walks into the living room instead; leaving Kris quite disappointed.

 

 

He made his way into the bedroom and it was clean, the bed was made and Kylie’s clothing was already hanged properly inside the wardrobe. He loosens his necktie and sat on the edge of the bed; he lets his body falls onto the soft mattress and he covered his closed eyes with the back of his hand. He inhales the fresh air and sighs deeply. Was this it? Is this how it’s going to go on forever?

 

 

After taking a long shower, Kris headed down stairs and saw Kylie with her legs under her on the small couch as she reads the magazine in her hands. He stared for a moment before taking a place on the bigger couch and read the newspaper. The silence was killing both of them, the air was intense and it felt uncomfortable to be this way.

 

 

Kylie cleared but kept her gaze on the magazine “So…” she spoke “How was your, work?” that was stupid

“It went well. I’ve got everything I came for.” he answers

“I see.” she nods and the conversation ended just like that with none of them having any idea of what else to speak of

 

 

When night came, none of them bothered to ask each other about dinner; maybe they were both not hungry so no one spoke up. It was around 10 that Kylie suddenly decided to go to the Jacuzzi on their bedroom’s balcony and Kris was in shower; he left after he came back, mumbling about some things that came up on the way out but she didn’t ask further.

 

 

She pushes the glass door open; the wind was cold as it came in contact with her skin. She was wearing a shirt on top of her bikini and the Jacuzzi was already heated. She was casually walking towards the Jacuzzi until a white figure; or so she claim it was fell right behind the Jacuzzi which Kylie took no time to run back towards the bedroom with frantic eyes.

 

 

Kris who happens to walk out of the bathroom was rubbing his hair dry with the towel in his hand and saw Kylie running up to him; her face looking scared and panic was obviously written across her face. Kris’ eyes widened in surprise as her body collided itself against his and her hands automatically wrapped itself around his bare torso which made his eyes travel down to look at Kylie who has her eyes closed. His body was cold but she was colder as though the blood had drained out of her.

 

 

He was undeniably shocked but he decided to ask “What’s wrong?” he creases his brows slightly

“There’s so-something.” Kylie pointed towards the Jacuzzi and Kris frowns. Kris gently pushes Kylie behind him and she held his arms from behind as she hid her face behind him. They walked slowly until Kris stopped and pulled up a white towel

“Did this… Scared you?” he asks

“I… I thought it was, something else.” she trembled slightly

“It’s just a towel.” he chuckles lightly

“S-sorry.”

 

 

That’s when she noticed his upper body was bare and that she hugged him earlier; red crept up her cheeks and Kylie swallowed as her eyes travelled up his torso and met his gaze on hers. It was sudden when one of her hands suddenly reaches out and cupped a side of his face to leans closer and place her own lips against his; her eyes was closed and Kris was taken by surprise. He stared at her for a moment until he felt her moving against his lips and his eyes closed.

 

 

She presses more and Kris kissed back; their lips on one another and when Kylie pulled back, they stared into each other’s eyes. Kris looks at her; confused yet she gave no answer and then her hand slowly withdrew from his face, he shakes his head with a low s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter