036

This Is Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Kylie was scared of this moment the most; because they had reached home so fast that it seemed like it was in a blink of an eye to her. Because she’s back in the reality where she was this rebellious child of a wealthy family who had engaged her to someone she doesn’t know. She felt like she was helpless again and with a click, Kris opens the door to their condo.

 

 

She sighs deeply and walks inside her room; it was clean as the way she left it because she had cleaned it before leaving and the smell was fresh, unlike before. Kylie dragged her luggage inside the room and closes her eyes as she stands in front of her door and stared at everything before her. What was she going to do now? Run away? Well that’s pathetic, her parents might cut off her bank account or probably hunt her down.

 

 

“What’s wrong?” Kris asks as he walks up behind her

“I can’t do this.” her hands slightly trembled

“Do what?”

“I can’t face this reality Kris.” Kylie turns around with tears threatening to fall “Can’t w- can’t we just go travel somewhere else again? I can’t do this.”

“Then what? You’re just going to run away your entire life?” she stood quiet “You can’t do it forever Kylie.” it wasn’t a forceful voice; he was gentle

“What am I supposed to do?” she cried out

Kris’ brows pinched together; disappointed in his own answers despite of it being true “Face it, you can.” he pulled her against his body and placed his chin on top of her head “And remember…” he looks at her in the eyes “I’ll always be there for you.”

“Even when I’m married?” she sobbed

He chuckles “That… I’m not sure. I’m sure your husband won’t be happy having another man around his wife.”

“You said always.”

“Always, yes. As in you can contact me when you have problems and share everything you went through. But it doesn’t mean I’ll be there every single step of the way because we both know some day…” he paused “We would have no choice but to go on separate ways.”

 

 

Kylie looks at him in the eyes and she doesn’t think she wants that to happen. They’ve been friends for what seemed to her like forever and Kris probably knows her inside out. Not having him by her side and protect her was making her more upset than she already is. She loved it this way, she doesn’t want to change a thing between them.

 

 

“That was honest.” she scoffed at her pathetic situation

“Kylie, you know I don’t mean it that way.”

“Well it’s just that…” Kris grabs her hand which made Kylie’s gaze fell back on him “Kris…”

“Can you just…” he walks towards her and placed his forehead against her own; closing his eyes “Forget about this. Leave it as it is, I know it matters a lot to you but when the time comes, face it. Till then, act like it never happened and that you’ll never go to go through such things.”

“Can I give it a shot?” she gave a small smile

“It never hurts to try.” Kris smiled back

 

 

--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter