011

This Is Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

As soon as I got well; I just had to hit the club. I take back my words of taking a break from these kinds of stuff or these kinds of crowds. I must’ve been drugged by whatever black spell that made me think of that because God I just missed this carefree feeling.

 

 

“Everyone! Second round is on me!” I shouted and everyone cheered along

 

 

It’s not like I know these people or the opposite; they probably won’t care when they wake up next morning sober of someone who paid for a shot but who cares? Even I couldn’t control my body when I get hyper drunk. I haven’t been in a state where I don’t remember a single thing though, probably just around 50-50 state of memory.

 

 

Just when I was about to finally lose myself and drag some guy towards the dance floor; my phone had to ring. HAD TO. I glared at the screen and the name popped my eyes out of its sockets.

 

 

“.” I left the quite-cute-hottie alone and grabbed my stuff into some empty soundproof room; clears throat “Hello.”

“Hello Kylie.” the prim proper voice that make me grimace all the time

“Hello, mother.” I spit out the last word mentally

“May I ask of what you’re doing right now?”

“Just sitting around in my room, doing some project.” I lied

 

 

I know I told you guys I rebel but heck, did you really think I wanna tell them I’m in the club half-drunk with a body hugging short dress somewhere in a soundproof room which smelled like after-… Woah, now I know why it’s soundproof. They know I party a lot but rather than feeling her glare through the phone, I rather just lie about it.

 

 

“Project? Hmm…” she paused “Well, I have something to tell you.”

“Of course mother, why else would you call me, your ‘beloved daughter’?” I rolled my eyes

“Kylie Park.” her voice was stern

“I’m sorry mother, forgive my rudeness, I’m just stressed out with the project. What is it that you wanna tell me?”

“Your father and I are coming over to Seoul within a few days.”

Kill me “W-what?” I choked

“We’re coming to Seoul.”

“Forgive me but may I ask for what?”

“A company invited us for a dinner at their opening ceremony of another branch.” she simply answers

“Which has ‘what’ to do with me?”

“Well, you need to be there because you’re still our daughter or did you forget?” she asked in a mocking tone

“No no, of course not mother. I’ll be there.” I bit my bottom lip. So much of a rebel…

“Good, you’ll receive the invitation soon enough.”

 

 

I sigh and dumped the phone into my bag. My heels stomped its way out of the club and I didn’t forget to grab a bottle of vodka before going. Did I mention I had problems with my parents? We’re never a perfect family to begin with; no matter how people see us, they’ll never know the truth.

 

 

My parents are both ‘perfectionist’ as some would call it. Business is the first child they gave birth to before me, I don’t think they’re even in love when they got married which surprised me that they could last together this long; I don’t think either of them is cheating because they don’t seem like they have enough time for other human.

 

 

When I was little, if you ever had the slightest thought that they would actually care for me, you’re dead right wrong. I’m not sure if I ever was born from her, but the DNA test was never wrong so far aren’t they? This leaves me no other choice but to be her daughter and their only child.

 

 

I see my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter