- Apocalypse 1 -

Apocalyptic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Apocalypse 1 -

Sunggyu sat up quickly and looked around the dark room.  His dream was all but a memory now.  Sunggyu took a deep breath as he brushed his bangs out of his eyes.  He could never stop thinking of that tragic day, three years ago has changed his life forever.   Sunggyu sighed as he pushed his covers aside and rolled out of bed. 

The end of the world has nearly happened.  There was only a few people left on Earth and most of those people were driven by greed.  They did anything that they could to survive, even if it meant killing the innocent. 

Sunggyu pushed himself off the ground and stood up.  He looked around the abandoned warehouse where he has been sleeping for the past few days.   Sunggyu was staying on the second floor that was difficult to gain access to. It was dark and dingy. The only light that he was receiving was from the few cracks that were in the ceiling.   Sunggyu knew this place was only temporary and hoped that he could use it for a few more nights.  

Sunggyu got lost in his thoughts again. This happened to him often.  Sunggyu was all alone and there was not much for him to do, but constantly thing of events that have previously happened it his life.

There were only a few people out there who had a different purpose. 

There were things that are unfulfilled.

Sunggyu remember that man that appeared before him that day. The man's face was always a blur to Sunggyu because he did not remember seeing it.  What he remembered was the words that he spoke were engraved into Sunggyu's mind.

Keep going! It was your destiny to survive.

You have been granted a gift, Sunggyu.

The apocalypse has begun. It is up to you to find your destiny.

Sunggyu still wondered what his destiny was.  He let out a soft sigh and he picked up his shirt off of the ground. Sunggyu put on his black, short sleeve button shirt over his black sleeveless tank that he slept in.  He put an intricate plate that had a few studs over the abdomen.  Sunggyu pulled on black fingerless gloves that had studs on them.  He took a deep breath.  

Sunggyu could see his breath.  It was really cold in this abandoned warehouse, but Sunggyu was never cold anymore.  Many people believed that Sunggyu always had a fever, but he did not.  His temperature was higher than normal humans.   

Sunggyu always wore a short sleeve or sleeveless shirt because most of his clothing was destroy by the flames he was able to create.  He needed to get specially designed clothing to protect himself.  He was able to get them, but nearly lost his life doing so.

The person who tried to sell Sunggyu flame retardant clothing was not a good man.  When he found out about Sunggyu's ability he started to ask Sunggyu too many questions. There were questions that Sunggyu did not even know how to answer.  This man wanted to use Sunggyu for his own dirty games.  When Sunggyu refused to help the man to get revenge the man tried to kill him.    Sunggyu had to kill the man even if he did not want to. 

Sunggyu had a sword strapped to his back just in case he needed it.  He was not one who resorted to violence, but if he needed to he had something to defend himself.  Even though it has been three years Sunggyu was still afraid of what he could do. 

He could control the flames better now, but they still got the better of him at times.  He could not really control the flames when he was angry. 

Sunggyu knew that it was about time to change locations again.  He never stayed in one place for too long.  People were always looking for him, and use his abilities.  Sunggyu knew after they used him that they would kill him.  Sunggyu did not want to help people with their own selfish needs.  He would rather help the people who needed it.

Sunggyu heard a noise and paused for a moment.  His eyes narrowed as he slowly made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter