Chapter 9

Silver

“Amara!” The door loudly opens and Baekhyun comes running in, his shirt wrinkled and messy, his hair like he—you better not say it.

“Because of that,” Luhan shrugs.

“Baekhyun,” You look at him up and down.

“Don’t say it,”

“No, no,” You stop to particularly inspect his face.  And then your eyes goes to Luhan.  “Are you guys related?” Your eyes widen at the sudden similarity the two have.

Baekhyun glances at Luhan and an understanding passes between them. 

“Oh no, no, no, no,” You shake your head, blinking repeatedly.  “So that was why you were replacing Luhan beside the Queen.  But why were you gone? But then again, brothers? Really? It’s- it’s just, I don’t know, you know, all this time, I’m talking to the Prince’s brother? Heck, that just means I’m talking to the second Prince for God’s sake—“

“Amara!”

You jump as the two of them say your name in unison. 

“It’s a good thing your voices differ.  And your eyes too.  And—“

“Amara, calm down,” Baekhyun emphasizes, a serious look on his face.

“Okay, okay.  Calm, I am calm,” You take a look at both of their faces again and mess your hair up in frustration.

“I told you!” Baekhyun says to Luhan.

The two then breaks out into laughter and this time, you’re the one with the serious look on your face.  “You think that’s funny?” But even you can’t keep up the anger.  You follow suit, laughing along at your stupid blabbering.

“Anyways, yeah, we’re brothers,” Luhan says.  “We’re not that similar but from afar, we can be quite similar,”

“Right,” Baekhyun continues.  “He’s the kid with the fighting skills and the brains, and I’m the one that’s all brains,”

“I’m still smarter than you,” Luhan nudges his brother with his elbow.

“Really? Do you really think so?” Baekhyun pushes.

“Shut up,” Luhan groans.

Laughing, you process the events in your head.  “Ah, so that’s why you were missing,” You nod, referring to the fact that Luhan was there with you and the Queen on the balcony.

“Yep.  Was calling out the Kingdom to take the Rebellion in their rendezvous points,”

“Did everybody get out safely?” You ask the two.

“Yes, the Rebellion only has eyes for the Queen and the Diamond, so everybody went home,” Luhan answers.

“Including Chanyeol and his friends, Amara.  And I’ve sent them a notice to let them know you’re here and you’re safe,” Baekhyun continues.

“Good, that’s good,” You sigh in relief.  “I don’t think I can do much any time soon, though,” You glance at your hand.  “This poison is some serious stuff,” Whenever you try to move it, it hurts, and it leaves your right arm limp.

“Sure, sure we get it,” Baekhyun says.

We?

Just then, the door opens again and an old lady comes in, her expression sharp and judging, two men in suits coming after her into the room.

“Miss Amara,” She speaks, her voice steady.

“Yes?”

“I am the Lady.  And I’m here to speak to you about several, things,