Chapter 32

Silver

You turn over in bed as your consciousness kicks in, your eyes fluttering open.  You blink to focus on the figure sitting on the sofa a distance away from your bed and find yourself smiling back when you see him smile at you.

“Good morning, sleepyhead,” (When do I  get to have lines like these said to me when I wake up WHY ISN’T THIS HAPPENING TO ME HELP PLS ok.) He says quietly.

“Mm,” You stay on your side in the bed, staring at him with that smile on your face like there’s no tomorrow.

“Why are you staring at me like that,” He shakes his head, tearing his eyes away from you.

“Just because,” You mutter.

Baekhyun’s hands are going through the package he had retrieved from the post office, his eyes running through the lines of words written on the papers, the files, and everything else that was there.  You finally get up, sitting close beside him so that your arms touch. 

“Hey,” He looks down at you, but you keep looking forward, resting your head on his shoulder.  He chuckles again and continue with the package for a while before he suddenly stops. 

You frown, wondering why he was stopping.  Looking up, you ask, “Wha—“

As you tilt your head up, your noses touch and you unconsciously  glance at his lips, the memory from last night reenacting itself in your head.  You find yourself blushing when you notice a corner of his lips tilt up to let out a smirk.  Without thinking, you lean forward quickly and place a peck on his lips, turning away before he could react.  “I’m going to bathe,” You mutter, entering the bathroom and throwing him a brief glance.

It’s your turn to chuckle when the same look you had on your face last night registers itself on his.  “Stupid Baek,”

You find his face repeatedly flashing in your mind, and by the time you were finished with bathing and dressing up, you have a goofy look you’d hate anyone to see on your face when you look in the mirror.  The polka dot, pastel blue shirt you had on had sleeves that stopped right below your elbow.  It went well with the long, white skirt you put on and you pin your hair to the sides of your head before walking out.

And well, that goofy smile returned without your permission because Baekhyun stares at you like you had some food on your face.

“What!” You stick your tongue out at him and sit across from him, reaching out for the package.

He pulls it back and away from you and says, “I like it when you wear long skirts,”

“Really?” You look up and immediately regret it because he smiles again and laughs when you blush for the millionth time today.  Groaning in frustration, you pull the package towards you and scrunch your nose at him.  “I like it too when you roll your sleeves like that,”

“Yeah, I know I’m good looking,” He shrugs, resting his back on the sofa and draping one arm across it.

You roll your eyes at him and grumble at your failure, emptying the package.  “You go through that, I’ll go through this,”

You push the contents towards Baekhyun and pull your mother’s box towards you, gently opening it, setting the lid down without a sound.

You smile to yourself when you remember how happy you were when Silvia gave you the doll.  You slept with it everyday and cried when she took it to wash.  She had laughed at your face when you cried and pinched your cheek while she gave the doll back to you.  “The real me is here, you know, don’t love the doll more than you love me, hm, Amara?”

You had replied with a hug and climbed in to bed, patting the space beside you to invite her to sleep. 

 You feel the doll’s body and find smoething lodged in the head.  Something with edges, you can barely feel it because of all the stuffing in the head.

“Hey, Baek,” Your brows furrow, your fingers feeling for the object further.  “Do you have a knife somewhere?”

“Huh?” He stands, taking it from your bedside table.  “You have one here, Amara, why?”

You take it from him and wince when you cut the doll’s head open, promising yourself to ask Lara how to sew.  You dig in the head with your finger and pull out what was inside.

It was a large piece of paper, folded repeatedly until it fit into the doll’s head.  It was thin and crispy with age, faded and brown, but you and Baekhyun both manage to spread it out on the table, and you are faced with a map.

Baekhyun stares at it in awe.  “This is—“

“The Rebellion’s hideout,”

“And if this is what I think it is—“

“Then it’s directly underneath the castle,”

The two of you drop yourselves onto your seats and stare at each other, all the pieces fitting into place.  The helicopter was a diversion.  Kris running away was a diversion.  They made it into the castle so easily because they were literally right under your noses.

“Holy gods above,” You breathe out, eyes running over the map.

“Man, I didn’t know we were that stupid,”

You scratch the back of your head dumbfoundedly and take out the rest of your things from the box.  If your mother when through such lengths to hide this, then it isn’t only the doll.

You pull out the clothes and hairpins, laying them down on the floor.  There was something distinct about the back of each shirt.  And the way the hairpins were twisted; it made them seem like they were meant for lock picking.

Darn, Silvia was one smart woman.

“Are you seeing this, Amara?” He eyes the display of things in front of him, taking another knife.

You look up at the same time as he does, and the two of you share the same smile of excitement, curiosity, and eagerness. 

“Baek, we have a lot of treasure hunting to do,”

 

 

 

 

 

weeeeheeeeeee it's going to get exciting kekekeke ^^

btw guys, i'm kind of writing (well, no, I'm actually writing) a Kyungsoo (omg my ultimate bias yes hello there wuzzub) fic rn do you think I should post it now, or when it's done?

the concept is, well, it's quite pretty, which is only my personal opinion.

so, should I post it??

respond pls!

AND COMMENTS ARE SO MUCH <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

yes i ruin your bias list

yes i make your feels go BOOM

and i'm here sobbing over my own story

it's killing me as much as it's killing you guys, come on.