Chapter 33

Silver

“What the—“ You turn your copy of the map around, and around, and around.  “How do you—“

Baekhyun snatches it from your hands and places it back on them, the angle making sense now. “We’re here,” He points at a spot.

 “Right,” You grin at him.

“You can’t read a map?” He asks, amusement glinting in his eyes.

“I can, I just don’t know where, or how, to start,” You answer, slapping his arm because he just rolled his eyes at you.  “Anyways,” You glare at him and stride towards the garden.  “They have 10 entrances, and mostly are located somewhere unconscpicuous outside.  There are a total of 3 entrances inside, and 7 outside,”

“The ones inside, are located close to your room, the closet on the 4th floor, and the attic,” Baekhyun rubs his eyebrows with his fingers.  “We have to move you away from that room, Amara,”

“Don’t worry,” You pull his hand away from his face, smiling at it.  “I can take care of myself,”

As soon as you said those words, Baekhyun gave you an are-you-sure-about-that-because-I-definitely-am-not look, muttering ‘moving you away, moving you away’ as he turns around to avoid your argument on the matter.   

You don’t argue, because after what had happened with Kris the other night, you kind of agree with Baekhyun.  It gave you a fright you didn’t even know was there.  A strong sense of vulnerability, especially towards men. 

You find yourself bumping onto someone, rubbing your nose and squinting to see who it is. 

“Luhan!” You throw your arms around him.  “Why haven’t you been around?”

He returns your hug and pulls away to hold you at an arm’s length.  “Had to pay a visit to a neighboring city, they had issues there.  I’m sorry I wasn’t here,”

“Nah, it’s fine, we had it all under control,” You tilt your head  to look at Baekhyun, who was standing behind Luhan.  “Right, Baek?”

You notice the light on his face shift and he grins at you like he always did.  “Missed a lot of fun, hyung,”

“So I noticed,” Luhan shares a handshake with his brother and frowns.  “What are you guys doing?”

“Treasure hunting,” The two of you answer him.

“Amara here doesn’t know how to read maps,” Baekhyun jerks a thumb at you.

“Hey!” You step on his foot and fold your arms as he a breath through his teeth.  “I don’t know where or how to start.  As long as I know that much, I can read maps better than you, thank you very much,”

Luhan laughs at you and he puts his hands together to apologize.  “I’m really sorry I can’t help too much, there’s a lot I must do.  But at any time, if you need help, you can ask for anything, okay?”

“Aw, and I was missing you a lot,” You sigh.  “But okay, go be your usual, charming prince self,”

Luhan takes your hand and grips it thankfully, throwing Baekhyun a mock salute before jogging away into the castle.

“Hey, Baek?” Your eyes follow Luhan’s back until it disappears, then you turn towards Baekhyun.  “Were you jealous?”

“Maybe not, maybe yes,” He shrugs, striding away.

“Baek,” You call him again, but he doesn’t stop .  Trotting towards him, you slip your arms around his waist and rest your chin on his shoulder.  “Heheh,”

“Did you just chuckle?”

“Maybe not, maybe yes,”

“Ya,” He gently bonks your head with his hand but then hugs it close to him, sighing.

“I like Luhan a lot, Baek,” You chuckle again when he tenses in your arms.  “But as much as I do, it’s still you, kind of,” You let go and shrug, locking your arms behind your back as you walk away and turning your head so that you can throw him a grin.

“Good,” He steps closer to you and places a kiss on your chick.  “Keep it that way, okay?”

Your hand goes up to cup your own cheeks and you look away from his eyes, grumbling.  Now you know why Baekhyun hates it when you chuckle everytime he’s flustered.  You stop in your tracks because Baekhyun takes your hand and you look up at him.  “What?”

“It’s an entrance,” He points.

And surely, it was.  As faint as it looked, there was a round patch of flowers just by the Dome that was strangely out of place, when you look at it. 

“So that’s why he made it in when I was training,” You mutter, squatting by the flowers.  “They’re really good at this,”

Baekhyun nods, picking at a flower.  He tugs at it as if to pluck it out, but it doesn’t come out, instead, a path is cleared and the center of the patch reveals a hole.

“Man,” You peer down at it.  “They’re really, really good at this,”

“Huh,” Baekhyun says in awe.  “It’s a downside to them that they’re not good people,”

“They have a reason for that,” You say.  “I don’t suppose the Kingdom knows about it?”

“Some crappy lie about heritage business,” He answers.  “Might be true or not but I think they have something else against us,”

“Well, ready to find out?” You gesture at the hole.

“Hell yeah,”

And with that, the two of you leap in, the opening on the patch closing above you and the depth of the earth ready to prove the defenses against their secrets.

 

 

 

guys i'm sorry for taking too much time to update :<

and for not keeping my promise  to post my Kyungsoo fic :<

I've been really pessimistic about my stories and i've been really unconfident about them and i just basically think that i at all this writing and that whatever i'm doing is just isn't good enough and doesn't work the least bit

i hope i get better soon so i can write more and much better :<

real sorry guys