Chapter 10

Silver

“So you’re in the Kingdom and you’re not?” You refer to Baekhyun and Luhan respectively.

“Well, yeah, pretty much,” Baekhyun nods.

Not because he’s smarter than me,” Luhan adds in.

‘I.....see,” You throw Luhan a playful glance and laugh along with Baekhyun at his bewildered face.  “Okay, I get it, I get it,”

“What do you say to our offer, Amara?” The Lady asks you, continuing your discussion.

“Well,” You glance at Baekhyun, then at Luhan.  “You must know that all this time Baekhyun has been going around to where I eliminate several people and has been trying to convince me to join the Kingdom since a long time ago.  But my answer is still the same, although this time the offer comes from you.  With all due respect, ma’am, I don’t want to be a part of the Kingdom,”

The Lady sighs and looks at Baekhyun, who shrugs.  “Very well, then.  I believe you have a reason to go with it,”

You nod.

“Such a waste and a pity,” The Lady shakes your hand and gives you a last glance before she leaves the room.  “You are absolutely sure?”

Again, you nod.

“Come, Q.  We have things to take care of,”

Baekhyun stands from his seat and waves at you.  “Sleep well,”

The door closes itself and you and Luhan are left in the room.  “We need to change your bandages,” He takes out a box from under the bed and hands you a pill and a glass of water.  “It helps with the pain and lets you sleep,” He frowns in concern.  “You should’ve said it if your hands were in that much pain and that the fever’s acting up again,”

“Nah, that would be impolite.  Thanks,” You take the pills from him and rest your back on the bed’s headrest.  “Why aren’t you in the Kingdom, Prince?”

“I don’t know,” He shrugs.  “Same reason as yours, that’s for sure,”

“What’s my reason?”

“I don’t know, what is it?”

“Not sure,” Your eyes droop as you smile and you glance at Luhan’s gentle hands, the ones carefully replacing your bandages.  “Do me a favor, Luhan,”

“Hm?” He says without looking up from your arm.

“Be here when I wake up,” You mumble as you fall asleep.

Little did you know, that you’re ending up with another nightmare.

The same one you had before, but this time, more vivid, more alive.

As if it were a flashback.

And this time, too, you find your reason as your eyes fall on the man’s wrist.

There, clear as a crystal, was the Rebellion’s mark.

"Mother,"