Chapter 15

Silver

“Stupid skirt,” You sigh as you discard the skirt for the white pants you’re using for dinner.  Taking out the lavender cardigan from the walk-in closet in the room—which is awesome, by the way—you slip your arms into it, hiding the bandages.  Under the cardigan, you keep the loose sleeveless style, only this time, instead of white, it’s the one printed with flowers.  “Oh, a walk-in closet like this does me a lot of good,” You check yourself out in the mirror and strap on the silver heels. “I’ve never looked so good my whole life,”

You pin the sides of your hair to your head and let the rest flow down your back.  Opening the door from your room, you walk down the floor’s corridor, finding the stairs that would take you to the dining hall.  Your heels click against the floor, a loud sound to the silence.

Noticing movement behind your back.  You slow down your steps and after counting, turn at your heels and pin whoever it is to the wall with your right hand by the neck. 

Which is a mistake, because it’s injured.

“Ow, ow, ow,” You let the person go and let your hand fall limp to your side.  You look up, wincing and roll your eyes.  “Really, Baek?”

“Really,” He grins at you and glances at your hand.  “Need help?”

“Nope, fine,” You say but lean against him as the two of you take the stairs down. 

“Haven’t lost your touch, I see,” Baekhyun coughs a little bit, making you chuckle.

“Sorry.  You caught me by surprise,” You smirk at him with a glance.

“Hey,” Baekhyun stops just as the two of you finds the dining hall’s doors.

“Hm?” You look up, standing straight.

“What do you say we skip dinner and go somewhere else?”

“Somewhere where?”

“Somewhere you’re really gonna like,” He grins and takes your hand, running out the castle’s back door.

“I can run by myself, thank you,” You giggle as you race him, running straight down the path the two of you are at.  “Where are we going?”

“Um,” Baekhyun takes over you, giving the two of you a distance of a lot of meters before pointing at a dome-shaped house.  “There!”

“You did that on purpose!” You grit your teeth and hold back a laugh as you hear Baekhyun cackle in the distance.

Reaching the dome-shaped house, Baekhyun leisurely waits for you to arrive and you give him the jab you always do.  “Never does well with that, though,” You triumphantly chuckle.

“Ow, shut up,” He takes the door handles and pushes the doors with a grunt.  “Amara, say hello to the Training Dome,” 

You gape at the Dome first, then at Baekhyun, who laughs like an idiot, then with a giddy cry leap at the Dome’s green, lush grass, cartwheeling, somersaulting, doing things normal people would consider acrobatics.

“You haven’t seen the best yet, Amara,” Baekhyun presses a button and a door at the side of the Dome opens, showing you every kind of weapon possible from bows, daggers, serrated knives, guns, snipers, machine guns, missile launchers, just about anything.

“Oh my God!” You squeal, going for the knives first, quickly discarding your cardigan and strapping the highest, most possible amount of different knives onto your left arm.  You strap on a belt and slip some more knives into it.  “I hate you!” You yell at your right hand, but don’t wipe the grin off of your face.  “Bows and arrows, oh my God,” You look at the weapon longingly.  If you weren’t injured, you’d be using those right now.

“Stop grinning like an idiot,” Baekhyun takes you out of the weapon room and back out to the field, pushing a different button. 

In response, multiple dummies pop up at the other end of the dome and you pull your hair up into a bun.  The dummies don’t just stand there, they move indefinitely in every direction, coming from everywhere.  One grazes the ground and the ground explodes under it.  Knives and flames fly from the left and the right, and you’re glad you decided to wear those white pants instead of that pretty dress you liked.

“I love you, Byun Baekhyun!” You leap at the grounds with some sort of war cry and start what you do best.

You throw your knives, left, right, up and back.  You turn at your heels then hit some more dummies on the head, on the stomach, at the heart.  You taunt a mine and let it explode under a dummy as you roll away.  You duck under a flamethrower and stab a dummy at its stomach, throwing three knives after as another three dummies pop up from the ground. 

“Love you, too,” Baekhyun suddenly says behind you and kicks a dummy’s head before cutting another’s stomach, both dummies unnoticed by your eyes.  “You see that button there?” He raises his voice while he cuts more dummies  with his own personalized weapon—which is much impressive—He continues with the same volume, “First one to get there treats the other for bubble tea and dinner!”

You gasp and laugh aloud while you yell back at him, “That’s a little too much isn’t it?”

“Why? Afraid you’ll lose?”

“Hell no,” You grin.  “Afraid you’ll lose,”