Chapter 16

Silver

More and more dummies get cut off as the two of you surely make your way towards that button that wil cost either of you two bubble tea drinks and two portions of dinner. 

“Sorry!”

You look up and find the obstacles stopping abruptly and you dramatically gasp and groan as you see Baekhyun’s hand press the button. 

“Why did you—“ You groan louder and fall onto the ground, panting hard.  “I hate it when you,” You breathe some more before continuing.  “When you have that look on your face,” You look right to find him lying down beside you.

“Yeah, I’d think you’d hate it,” He chuckles and laughs between breaths together with you.

“Aww,” You glance down.  “I have to buy you bubble tea, lunch, and my pants are all dirty,”

“But—?” Baekhyun grins as he looks at you.

“But I still love you,” You grin back and sit up, looking around. “This place cleans up good,” You nod approvingly, seeing that a new grass field has been installed to replace the ‘dirty’ one.

Baekhyun’s stomach growls beside you and the two of you laugh. 

“Hungry?” You smile at him and stand up, offering your hand.

He takes it and walks beside you, not bothered by his dirty shirt and dirty pants. 

“Hey, I just realized this but,” You look him up and down.  “You look nice in casual clothes, huh,”

Baekhyun is wearing a plain, white tee and khaki pants, and that’s all.  Not his usual shirt, tux and fancy shoes, he even wore sneakers, and steps on its back. 

“Eh, I use it once in a while,” He zips up his dark blue jacket and passes you your lavender cardigan.  “You might wanna change into these,” He smiles apologetically and glances at your pants.  “The maids will kill you if they saw those,”

“Right,” You take the white shorts from him and smile at its length.  You change behind a screen and come out, grinning at the three-quarters pants you’re wearing now.  “Still looking good,”

“Whatever, now let’s have some dinner,” He steps out the castle gates and stretches his arms upwards.

“Ah, I miss being outside the castle,” You follow what he does, walking by his side.

“We do this a lot, though,” Baekhyun jams his hands into his pockets and throws you a lopsided smile.

“Except you’re always by my side as Q.  Now you’re Byun Baekhyun,” You twirl as you walk.  “Which is pretty nice,”

He chuckles along with you and the two of you get some bubble tea to go with the carry-out black bean noodles you have to buy.

“Ah, free stuff are good, most of the time,” Baekhyun contentedly sighs as he leans back on a tree in the castle’s garden.  It’s a bit out of place, eating black bean noodles in carton packages in the castle.  But hey, things should be out of place for life to be exciting, right?

“Shut up.  Next time, I’m beating you,”

“You know you can’t, Amara.  You just know it,” He stands up and takes your hand this time to help you up, walking you onto the door of your room.

“Really? Are you sure?” You step close to his face and peck him on the cheek. 

You laugh at his frozen expression, gaping at what you just did.  “I guess I know your weakness now, Q,”

“Wha—hey!” He takes you by the stomach and lifts you up.  “You caught me off guard! That’s cheating!” He spins you around until you get dizzy, both from the circles and from laughing too hard.

“No, that’s called inspection, Baekhyun,” You sigh as he lowers you down and give him a little wave as you enter your room.  “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yeah, see you tomorrow,” He says.  “Oh, and, Amara?”

“Hm?” You step back out.

“You have a little something—“ Baekhyun steps towards you wipes your cheek with his thumb before giving you a taste of your medicine as he pecks your cheek gently.  “There,”

It’s your turn to gape at him with a frozen expression.

“I know your weakness too,” He chuckles, turning you around and pushing you into your room.

“Cheater!”

“Nope, inspection,” He winks and closes the door behind you.

Chuckling at his evil laugh outside your door, you change into your pajamas after a quick bath and fall asleep as quick as that peck on your cheek.