Chapter 18

Silver

“I, um,” You step back a little bit and movement at the corner of your peripheral vision catches your attention, and noticing that familiar way of walking, you yell out.  “Baek!”

The addressed looks to you and your eyes, too, refuse to meet Luhan’s properly.  “Luhan, I’m sorry, I promised Baekhyun I’d go somewhere wit him,”

“Oh, that’s,” He frowns and shakes his head.  “Okay,”

“Sorry, we’ll walk again later?” You put a hand on his arm.

“Yeah,” He lets out a thin smile and you smile gratefully before turning your back on him and walking towards Baekhyun, swiftly slipping your arm into his.

“Don’t ask questions,” You mutter at his ear as you walk away with him, away from the still First Prince.

Successfully finding a cool, comfortable, shade under a tree not too much in the open, you lean onto the tree’s bark and sit down, knees bent on the grass with a rustle, sighing heavily.

“What was that about?” Baekhyun sits to face you, his legs crossed.

You give him a look, but he stares back at you, the question hanging in the air.  Sighing again, you quietly mutter, “Don’t know,”

Baekhyun brings his hand to your face and flicks your forehead, hard.

“Hey!”

“What was that about?”

“I don’t know!” You cover your forehead with both of your hands and Baekhyun swiftly pulls your loafers off and pulls one of your feet out, holding it at its ankle.  “Oh no, you—

But he did.

His slender fingers meet the bottom of your feet and he began fluttering it, tickling you softly.  You hold your shriek in with a grit of your teeth, but seeing your determination, a smile you’re almost scared of appears on Baekhyun’s face as he intensifies the movement of his fingers, tickling you with more vigour. 

Which made you lose it.

A series of giggles escape your lips, “Stop!”s and “Don’t!”s following its trail as the giggles break out into laughter, your torso falling sideways onto the ground as you clutch at your aching stomach, begging Baekhyun to stop. 

And when he finally does, he asks again, “What was that about?”

You indignantly stand up and stick your tongue out at him.  “I don’t know,” You grin, making a run for it, barefoot and all.

Baekhyun doesn’t waste a second hesitating, he goes after you, catching up fairly quickly. 

“No fair!” You speed your legs up.  “Cut me some slack, you’re a guy!”

“Nope,” Baekhyun bends slightly forward and successfully catches you by the waist.  Both of his arms encircle you and he lifts you up, stopping your advance.  Your arms flail about, and the speed catches both of you off guard, because he stumbles and trips against a tree’s roots, his bottom meeting the ground with a thud and a rustle.  The tree behind him meets his back, but he doesn’t let go of you, though, so you’re kept close to him, your back in contact with his chest, your body between his legs. 

“What was that about?” He stubbornly asks.

“I.  Don’t.  Know!” You wriggle and struggle in his grasp, which does nothing else but tighten his grip around you.  “I have a weapon up my sleeve!” You shout.

Baekhyun stills behind you and lets out a chuckle.  “No, you don’t,” He digs his chin onto your head.  “You’re not that much of an idiot to announce your weapon,”

“But I’m that desperate to get away from you,” You mutter, the smile in your voice evident and loud enough for Baekhyun to catch.

“Fine, but tell me,” His grip loosens and he just sets his chin on your head.  “All ears,”

“It’s, I don’t know,” You sigh, fiddling with his fingers.  “He doesn’t look like he wants to tell me about it, but he wants to at the same time,”

“Who, Luhan-hyung?” Baekhyun questions.

“Yeah,” You frown.  “Yeah, him.  I don’t even know why I didn’t want to talk to him or have some time alone with him,” Your brows dig deeper on your forehead.

“We share the same secrets,” Baekhyun says, stating straightforwardly.

“Oh,” You move your head away from under his chin and rest back further, looking up from his jawline to his eyes, the ones looking ahead.  “You do?”

“What do you think?”

“Well,” You think again.  “Ohhhh, that’s right, you guys are brothers,” You look ahead as he does, but shake your head quickly.  “No.  You have your own, and he has his own.  Although they might be related or close to each other, and there are also ones you share, but there are ones you keep to yourselves too,” Your eyes inspect Baekhyun’s nails as you mutter, “Or something,”

Baekhyun, seemingly, but unnoticedly apalled at your opinion, curiously stares down at you, the silver-haired girl inspecting at his nails and resting on him.  How clever can she get?

“Then you should have the honor to knowing the same ones first. Saves us a lot of energy,” Baekhyun says, his grip around your waist suddenly tightening again.  “Right, hyung?”

After a series of rustles and a slight crack of the branches above, a figure drops down in front of you, peering into your eyes with a mischevious glint of hazel.  “Uh-huh,”

You gasp at Baekhyun’s betrayal and squirm again beneath his grip.  “Let go! Let go, you traitor! And you!” You narrow your eyes at the squatting Luhan.  “Eavesdropper! Partners in crime!” You hold back a frustrated yell as the two of them laugh aloud, fist bumping each other.

“Hyung, if we really want to tell her, we have to keep her quiet,” Baekhyun says, a tone you absolutely hate in his voice.

“What are you thinking Byun Baekhyun?” You ask, still struggling to get away from him. 

Luhan leans forward and lets Baekhyun whisper something at his ear and the two chuckle identically, irritating you further.

“One,” The two begin counting.

“Wha—“

“Two,”

”Hey, hey, don’t think of—“

“Three,”

And abruptly, from two sides of your face, comes brief pecks of lips on your cheeks, leaving your mouth agape as the two pulls away and grins down at you.

“Holy gods above,” You let out a quiet whimper, aware of the fact that you were just played by the two. 

“Yep,” Luhan pulls you forward and sets your stomach on his shoulder before he stands up with a grunt, carrying you like a sack of flour.

“Sorry, Sil,” Baekhyun throws you an apologetic smile as he pulls a blindfold over your eyes.

You yelp as you feel fingers tickle the bottom of your foot.

“Ah, you were right,” Luhan chuckles and you hear the two high five each other.

You’re still rendered speechless though, as the next sentence comes;

“Still glad we chose the peck over feet tickling to immobilize the Silver Lady,”  

 

 

 

FLUFFY :3