Chapter 29

Silver

Guys, sorry, this chapter is a bit, erm, steamy x_x

 

You thought you would be waking up in the morning, happy and content in Baekhyun’s arms, but no, things haven’t been going the way you wished, hoped, wanted, or expected to.

Your eyes snap open in the middle of the night as you sit up, aware of the strange atmosphere around the hospital wing.  You glance at the sleeping Baekhyun and caress the side of his face gently, setting his arm away from your waist to the bed, immediately missing the warmth.  It's a good thing that the IV drop given to him helps him sleep well.

“I thought I sneaked up on you good,”

You jump off the bed and crouch readily, cursing yourself for not having a weapon around.  “Come out, Kris, I know it’s you,”

“How touching,” He steps out of the shadows and you get a good look at his face for the second time.  You push down the hate and anger and force yourself to keep your calm as you step protectively in front of Baekhyun’s bed.  “You recognize me from my voice,”

“I never forget a vo—“

“Guess all that training paid off,” He continues.

Your memories roll in your mind, making your head spin uneasingly.  You grip the bed’s footrest and grit your teeth when you hear Kris chuckle.

“It’s coming back, isn’t it?”

“Shut up, you murderer,” You look up to meet his eyes.

“Right, I did murder Silvia,” He muses.

“Don’t say her name so casually,” You say, hating it as much as how he said your name.

“If those memories did come back, I wonder what you’ll do if I do this,”

Your eyes follow him as he steps very quickly towards you and Baekhyun’s bed and you cut him off, countering his inhumane jabs, the ones coming at your vital organs much too fast and much too precisely.  You finally land a hard blow on his arm and  quiet ‘plink’s come when you notice that he had needles hidden up his sleeve.  The knives he held in his palm almost distracted you from the needles that protruded in and out his sleeve.

You grimace when you notice that he got you on the neck.  It was a slight scratch, but it was too close to the vein that would kill you.

“Do you know why we made you stab Baekhyun?” He asks, his lips smirking deviously.

You turn at your heels a milisecond too late and find a knife sinking in your thigh.  You hold back your cry of pain and narrow your eyes at Kris.  “You cheat,”

“Because we knew that he was your guard dog,” Kris chuckles, drawing his knives back and watching you coldly.  “Did you know that he never left the side of your bed? He just manages to slip in when you’re asleep and slip out right before you’re awake,” He shakes his head as if in pity.  “We thought that the first prince was the real deal.  That was our mistake.  This kid here noticed our presence within the grounds.  It’s amazing, really,”

Your knees meet the floor with a muffled thump and you clutch at your thigh in pain as you fall completely on your side, rolling onto your back in pain.

“Hello, dear,”

You look up and muffle another cry of pain behind your lips as another person, the one that came with Kris, pulls the knife out roughly, smiling at you.

You curse as your vision blurs from the poison that came with the knife.

“Does she know why we’re doing this?” The second person asks Kris.

“Oh, right, that,” Kris snaps his fingers and puts his face close to yours.  “I needed to tell you that Silvia wasn’t the only woman with silver hair,” He chuckles.  “If that’s too hard to understand, then I’ll spell this out clearly; you’re the daughter of the Rebellion’s founding directors.  It’ll come to you soon.  She's not someone you'd like, too.  Even I don't like her.  You weren't made to become a very nice person.  And the most important thing is that we need to get what Silvia left for you to find in the castle.  She's a clever fox, that one,” His face doesn’t back away.  Instead, he comes in closer.  “And, because of the fact that we have different mothers, it isn’t forbidden for me to do this,”

He abruptly presses his lips onto yours, sinking his teeth onto it, making you open your mouth to let out the third cry of pain in the night, but he took it as an opportunity to slip his tongue in as he pushes your face closer to his by your neck, letting him explore your mouth, not giving you enough time to breathe.  You weakly thrash with your legs, unable to move anything else as he straddles you, pinning your sides with his knees and holding your hands above your head with one hand.

You find tears welling at the corner of your eyes and finally find yourself feeling the vulnerability of a woman.

He pulls away and you gasp for air, only to choke at a pill he pushes in your mouth, the one he stops from coming out again by clamping his other hand over your mouth and roughly on your neck, all the while to wait until he senses you swallowing the pill.  The poison is getting to your head and you have no energy left to push him away.  When he lets you go, you're weak, flushed and limp on the ground.

“It’s going to do something you don’t like,” He hums, standing up.  “Just for a day, which is enough for us to do what we want to,” Kris wipes the tears off of your cheek.  "Scared, are we?"

“Not enough, don’t you think?” The second person asks again, a mischevious tone in her voice.

“She’s quite the woman, you know.  And I'm still a man with needs.  I'll save the rest for later,” Kris says as the two of them walk towards the window, one by one leaping off the sill.

With no more ability to move, you slowly lose consciousness with the pain in your leg, while managing to recall the face of the second person.

The person was a she.

And she wasn’t any stranger.

She was the Queen.