Chapter 17

Silver

“...ra, Miss Amara,”

You sit up, rubbing your eyes as the knocks on your door persist. 

“Who is it? What is it?” You answer groggily, opening the door, facing you to the Lady, flanked by two men in crisp suits.  “Oh,” You blink, fully up now.

“Looking as charming as ever, Miss Amara,” She says, an amused tilt to her lips.

“I, err,” You clear your throat, feeling very self conscious.

“I meant it,” The Lady chuckles.  “Don’t you two wonder? She just woke up,”

The men by her side nod in agreement.

“You two stay outside, I need a moment with her,” She says to her bodyguards.

Bowing in unison, the men stays outside the door as the Lady steps into your room. 

“You can take your time to clean up, dear, I’m willing to wait,”

“Oh, erm, alright, I’ll bathe for a few minutes, ma’am,” You scratch the back of your head.  You didn’t know she had this side to her.

You do take a few minutes, brushing your teeth and your hair and all and before you could pick out your outfit for the day, the Lady emerges in the walk-in closet.  Good thing you’re in a bath robe.

“This would look very sweet on you,” She smiles, offering you a dress.

“This is—“ You glance at the mirror and see how well it goes with your hair.  “This is perfect, ma’am,” You throw her a smile as she leaves you to change.

The dress was light green.  Pretty, pastel green with a comfortable material, although fitted to your torso, but loose until your knees.  The sleeves increase in size towards the end, but its upper parts stay fitted.  You smile to yourself as you take out a simple, golden necklace from the accessory rack and yellow loafers for your shoes.  You loosely braid your hair to one side of your head and take a yellow bracelet to match your shoes.

“Ah, you have a marvelous sense of fashion,” The Lady nods approvingly as you step out of the closet.  “And sense of time,” She glances at the watch and you notice that you have only been in preparation for exactly 8 minutes.

“Ah yes, thank you, ma’am,” You chuckle, still amazed by the change of character she had.  “If I may know, what brings you—?”

“Here?” She finishes for you and invites you out your room.  “Just to pick you up.  We’re taking a walk around the castle, dear,” She leans in to your ear.  “Not that you haven’t seen it to yourself,” Her lips separate once again to let out a hearty chuckle as you blush at her statement.  “Shall we?”

Flanked by her bodyguards, the two of you make your way around the castle, in silence at the beginning, but the Lady becomes the one to break it.

“How much do you know about the Kingdom, Amara?”

You flinch at her tone difference and the way she says your name. 

“Don’t fret, child.  This is basic procedure, and you must tell me everything you know,”

“The Kingdom is an organization under the city’s wings that goes against all the anti-city organizations out there, which are a lot, including the Kingdom’s arch enemy, the Rebellion.  They are the only organization that stays on the side of the city, consisting of officially 15 people.  I don’t believe that it is an impossible job regarding the 15 people you have, but I’m absolutely sure that your connections are limitless.  The 15 people are divided into various jobs, trackers, assassins, intel communicators, hunters, and the ones who are kept a secret.  You’re at the head, and, well, I guess that’s all,” You explain.

“How did you know so much?”

“I analyzed.  Baek— I meant, Q, is one of the classified members, which is why he’s continuously trying to get me in because I’m not supposed to know this information and yet I’m not a target either,” You shrug.  “Then essentially, the jobs I said were an absolute necessity for such an organization,”

“Not about Q or the Kingdom, child.  About organizations,” The Lady stops at her tracks.  “Are you, perhaps, an ex-member from an opposing organization?”

You stop beside her in surprise.  “Ahh, there was that possibility, huh,” You nod to yourself.  “Ahh,” You keep on nodding.  “You know, I can be in one now, ma’am.  It’s definitely a possibility,”

The Lady nods.  “That was my next question,”

Her bodyguards stare at you like you went out of your mind but you laugh at them and pat the one beside you on his shoulder, slightly leaning on him.  “You’re not suspicious of me, ma’am,” You chuckle, standing straight once again.  “Because you didn’t instruct them to take all precautionary causes when I do something unexpected,” You smile, referring to the fact that you have been repeatedly, obviously, fiddling with your sleeves and your arms along the way, something definitely suspicious for a girl who plays with knives, and the fact that you just touched her bodyguard so casually.

The Lady chuckles, her expression gentle once again.  “You see, boys? Nothing suspicious,”

You nod at them comprehendingly.  “Ahh, so it was you guys,”

“No! It wasn’t just us! Most of the castle and the Kingdom were curious about why you were so leisurely wandering around the castle!” The two waved their hands preventively, assuring expressions on their faces.

“I know, I understand,” You throw them a smile, a gentle one, one you rarely show anybody.  Leaving them gaping, you walk ahead, bowing at the Lady.  “I’ll take my leave, ma’am,”

Just as you turn your back on her, you’re met, eye to eye with a beautifully famliar pair of hazel pearls.

“Lu—“

“Hi,” He says, tentatively glancing at your eyes.  “Um, mind taking a walk with me?”