Chapter 43

Silver

It’s April the 20th, and the sky is cloudy.

Mist settles closely to the ground in the morning, prohibiting sight.  Nobody is outside; the staff is given the notice for a day off of work. 

But you step outside, anyways. 

You revel in the vagueness of everything; the fact that you can’t see anything around you gives you the thrill.  It’s been 4 years since the conflict with the Rebellion had ended.  Peace settled in the Kingdom and the city.  Crimes were cut to a countable amount and prosperity became the city’s ground. 

It has also been 4 years since you started having feelings you ran away from.    Feelings you denied and pushed away, but drowned in whenever you know you can.  How Luhan doesn’t touch you much, but speaks to you, listens to you, and looks at you as if you’re the only person in this whole world.  The way he says your name whenever Silver claws up your throat became the only thing that could control her.  You know how you left him hanging is always somewhere at the back of his mind.  But even if it bothers him to his core, he doesn’t show it.  He never brings it up, because once, he said, “You’re going to bring it up when you want to,”

It amazes me how he can hold on so strongly onto his hope.

It amazes me, too, how he can trust someone like me so much.

He trusts me, believes in me, has faith in me, and he’s pouring his everything into that corner of my heart I refused to let free.

Now that you think about it, instead of breaking the dam, Luhan is seeping in through the cracks.  You were driven by love and heartbreak ever since you were a child.  You were all alone, left to assemble your own heart back from its pieces.  It was a small task, at first, but as the years passed and as your heart grew bigger, it got harder.  You start missing pieces and losing them completely, and your heart will never be the way it was.  It’s imperfect and cracked.  And Luhan hasn’t been trying to look for those missing pieces; he’s putting you back together with his own heart. 

And people say; when your heart is broken, it lets the light in.

“Amara?”

You turn your head to spot a familiar figure standing 10 steps away from you.  The mist might cloud your vision, but your mind has never been so clear.

“Luhan,” You take a deep, shaky breath.

“Hey, are you okay?” You hear him come close and step back.

“Stay there,”

The rustles on the grass stop, and Luhan goes back to standing still. 

“You know, I didn’t lie about that twinkle I liked in your eye when I met you, back at the banquet,” You start.  “And I was sincere about being sorry when I came at you and choked you because I mistook you for Kris,” You take a step with each sentence.  “When you nursed me back to health from that poisoned dagger, I wondered how you could be so attentive towards some girl you just met; one who killed people like it was nothing.  Would you do that to other girls? Was I the only one?

“And whenever that look is upon your face; the one that shut everybody out, the one that kept too many things bottled up inside and pushed you to the brink of blowing up, I was angry.  So angry that you were hurting yourself so much.  And then there was that time I threw my knife at you in the dome.  It grazed your cheek and I complained about being so weak, but the way you told me how I should show it to just you and Baek; it’s as if you were putting yourself in a special place.  And you are, Luhan.  You are special to me.  So special that it hurts for me to admit it.  It hurts for me to not be able to show you, to not be able to give back to you, to not be able to do anything but hurt you and bring you harm.  Your shadow has always been following me, even I know that.  At times you weren’t there in front of my eyes; you were standing behind me, keeping me safe.  But I chose not to look over my shoulder and find your eyes.  I chose to stay with Baekhyun and I ended up destroying his feelings.  I might be the worst of people, but I can’t help running away.  It’s my nature; I hide, I kill and I lie. 

“But then, by the time I realize it, you’re embracing me.  My knives, my silver hair, my devilish side; all of me.  You don’t even flinch at the knives I throw at you, the words I say to you and the look in my eyes that told you to get lost.  It was unnerving and I was so vulnerable around you.  I wanted to push you away, and tell you to let me run away,” You look up and find him standing a hair’s breadth away from you.

“You did let me, but you, Luhan, you’re my gravity.  Something, just always manages to bring me back to you.  You’re my anchor, you tether me to the ground.  And I find that not only when I look into your eyes, but also when you touch me.  When you’re so close to me we couldn’t be any closer, but I never felt that it was enough,” Your hands reach up to cup his cheeks and he leans in to the warmth.

“I love you, Luhan,”

At your tiptoes, you find his lips and he kisses back with so much fervor you had to pull away for a breath.

“Say it again,” He breathes out.

“I love yo-“

He cuts you off with another kiss, hugging you closely by the waist.

“Again,”

“I love you,”

Another kiss.

“Again,”

“I love you,”

And another.

“I love you, too, Amara,” He finally says, breathing hard as he presses his forehead onto yours, holding onto your arms as you put it around his neck.  “I love you so much,”

You kiss him again, knowing why he wanted you to say those words over and over again so much.

“I’ve always, always, wanted to do that,” Luhan pecks you again. 

You grin into the kiss and find yourself looking into his hazel eyes, drinking him up.

It was surreal and exhilarating; how the word love could mean so much.

And before you realized it, the mist is gone and the day has cleared, bathing the world in the sun’s light. 

 

***

 

It's finally over guys :"")

Thank you for staying with me throughout the 43 chapters of Silver with all your wondrous comments; you don't know how much I appreaciate your attention.

It's been a long fic and well you know, i'm not the brightest writer around the corner and so comes with me my imperfections.

but it's been an adventure, writing Silver, moreover with you guys as readers.

once again thank you so much and do look forward to my next fics ;)

i love you all!