Chapter 3

Silver

The Banquet Day comes and you’re fussing over the exposure of skin the dress is allowing.  Although the torso and the long sleeves are fitted, the bottom part is—

“Whoa,”

You turn at your heels to see someone in a tuxedo sit at your window, eyeing you up and down.  “I’m not regretting that last minute decision on letting the bottom part have that splitted line,”

“Really now, consider me catching a cold, Q,” You roll your eyes and look into the mirror again, fussing with your face (complete with make up) “And this....this......exposure,” You make a face at your right leg, although slender and long, but exposed through the splitted side of the dress. 

Q, flustered, jumps off of the window sill and stutters, “H-How did you know—“

“I’d recognize you anywhere, Q, even without a mask,” You fumble with your hair, refusing to tidy itself up into a bun.

Q chuckles with a shake of his head and approaches you, turning you around so that your back is facing him.  “Let me,” Gently, he lets your hair tumble down from a failure of a bun you made and slowly ties it back up.  “It’s a pity you have to wear it in a wig,” He mutters.

“Wig schmig, still looks good with the dress you picked out,” You flap your hand dismissively.  “You guys are rich aren’t ya,”

Handing you your wig, Q handsomely grins.  “Pretty much,”

You put on the wig and pin the bangs to the side, getting rid of the troublesome lock of hair from your face so it doesn’t obscure your vision.  “A pity I only get to wear this to get into the party,”

“So much pity, huh, Amara?”

“I’ll wear it longer for a minute or two, Q, can I?”

“I don’t think it would be a problem.  And for tonight,” He takes your shoes and puts them on for you.  “I’m Baekhyun.  Not Q, get it?”

“Ooh, so that’s why you were using my name instead of Silver.  Got it,” You wink at him and suddenly, a knock comes at your door.

“Sis, you ready? Can I come in?” Chanyeol shouts.

“R-ready! I’ll be down in a sec!”

“Well make it half a second! We’re waiting!”

“Okay!” You eye Q, or, Baekhyun, you should say, and punch his shoulder softly.  “Why’d you have to come through the window,”

“Because—“

Not a question.  Well, technically is, but I didn’t raise the end of the question so it was a rhetorical one, now get out and let’s go,”

“You’ve been shoo-ing me around a lot, lately,” He looks over his shoulder as you push him towards the window.

“Yep, and it’s been a pleasure,” You watch him take his position at the windowsil.

“See you there,” He waves and jumps, landing without a sound.

“Show-off,” You chuckle, grabbing your bag and running out your room and down the stairs to meet Chanyeol, Chen, and Kyungsoo by the door.

“Whoa,” Chanyeol eyes you up and down. 

“Took the words right out of my mouth, Yeol,” Chen pats his shoulder.

“These are one of the little times I get to be proud to call you my sister,” Chanyeol grins at you, looking pretty handsome with his tuxedo.

“Whoa to you guys too, Chanyeol, Chen, Kyungsoo,” You grin.  “Now, let’s go, or we’ll be late,”