Chapter 7

Silver

The man pulls you into one of the rooms and keeps your back to him, so you cannot see his face.  But both of you knows that you know who he is.

“It’s Kris, you know,” He tilts your head to one side and pulls down your suit’s zipper, breathing  onto your exposed neck, giving you strange shivers.  “You can at least know my name before you die,”

“Die?” You hide a chuckle. 

“Yes,” Kris lustfully smells your hair and trails kisses down your jaw. 

“No,” You latch your leg onto the back of his and strongly pull at it, making him fall backwards with a loud thump, in the process pulling your wig loose.

Straddling him, you close in to his face and brush your lips over his as you speak, “I need to know things from you so, don’t die, darling,” You stab an acupuncture needle onto the back of his neck and stand up, leaving him in the room with a final disgusted glance at his unconscious body.

Just as you open the door, familiar black figures run past you, and you manage to trip and kill one before they get to the end of the corridor.

You leap then run as fast as you can and pull the Queen behind you. 

“Stay behind me,”

You frown in surprise at your doubled voice.  It seems that someone is doing the same as you are.

You keep up the clean kill, stabbing instead of throwing knives to not leave a mark behind.  The guests have scattered, and who knows what could happen in the mess.  You can’t manage everything at once and hope that the Kingdom’s up to it. 

Mind astray, a knife brushes your cheek and you stab the man who did it, killing another 4 that followed.

“No,”

Your head turns and you find yourself looking into the eyes of none other than Kris.  A shower of broken glass followed, and you have no time to avoid any wounds.

“I look forward to seeing you, someday, or soon,” He his lips and hits you with a dagger on the palm after he pushes you back, successfully embedding itself up to the hilt and painfully pinning you to the curtains.

The person also protecting the Queen tries to cut the cable holding Kris down with a throw of his own blade, but it failed, and so Kris and the unconscious Queen fly up through the ceiling.  And with a loud curse from your mouth, the muffled sound of a helicopter above the castle fades away.

Silence falls in the ballroom and by then the guests have all left.  Everybody did, except you and your failure.  And the other person.

“Ah, Your Majesty,” You smile.  “Hello,” You pull out the dagger from your palm.  “The chopper is gone.  There isn’t many who can get their hand on a chopper these days.  They must be good,”

“It’s Luhan,” He catches you as your knees buckle, setting your back on the wall.

You refuse to meet his eyes for fear of recognition but he pulls your chin to him and there is nothing you can do but meet his eyes.

“You,” He narrows his eyes and an expression clouds his face. 

“Yes, me,” You lower your head in shame and try to stand up, only to get pushed back down by the prince.

“Ssh,” He sternly says, firmly gripping your shoulder.  A loud yell escapes your lips as he pulls a shard of glass out your arm.

Quickly, he s your suit down to your navel and gently pushes the material down, exposing your wounded arm. 

“It’s a good thing I’m wearing a fitted tank top,” Your sentence is stopped by the sharp pain as the prince pulls your hand out of the sleeves.

“It’s poisoned,” He says through gritted teeth and unclips his belt, tightly tying it on your wrist, referring to the dagger that pinned you to the wall.

“No wonder I’m—“

“Ssh!”

“Sorry,”

The prince lifts you up onto his arms and swiftly runs down the stairs, grabbing a glass of water and pouring it down your wounds.  He glances at your face and returns to your wounds quickly.

You feel your forehead and find it beaded with cold sweat and you shake your head as your vision starts to cloud, muddling your thoughts.

“Yeah, it’s poisoned for sure,” You gently touch the prince’s wounded arm and let your head droop.

Faintly, you hear the prince yell, “Take her to the infirmary!”

But that was all. 

Afterwards, you lose consciousness.