The Chef Song

The Unrelated Family

“Yes! That’s right! Oh yeah! A little to the left. OH MY GOD! Y! WOW!” The photographer kept shouting praising words out to the model, as he continues clicking on the button on his precious SLR camera. He was stepping to the left, right, on his tip toes and squatting down to take different shots and the model just stood in front of a white background holding onto the advertise product.

 

“OH YES! Stick your out a little.” The photographer shouted.

 

 Victoria stiffens for a millisecond not understanding why she has to do such thing for advertising a cooking source. But nevertheless she followed the photographer’s order with a bright smile on her face.

 

“WOW! VERY GOOD!” The photographer shouted one last time before he puts the camera down that was covering his face. Knowing the photographer’s habit the staffs around also put down their equipment letting their arms to take a rest.

 

“VERY GOOD VICTORIA SSI.” The photographer praised and showed a thumb up to the model.

 

With a bright smile on her face Victoria instantly bowed to the photographer and the all the staffs for a hard working day. She walked out from the setting and she now no longer under the spotlights, a shorter staff walked up and immediately handed the model a bottle of water. Victoria thanked the staff and took big gulps smothering her dry throat.

 

“Thank you Victoria ssi your schedule is over for today.” Victoria’s manager, Shindong said while munching on potato chips.

 

“Thank you oppa.” Victoria mannerly bowed. She went to the studio’s change room to change back into her clothes and afterward she bid the crew goodbye in her usual bright smile.

 

Victoria Song, also known as Chef Song, is currently 32 years old, single and has four kids. Although she is 32 years old but many have mistaken her as a 26 years old that sometimes she think herself as 26. Her first public appearance was when she was 22 years old where she competed in a cooking game show. She was one of the finalists along with two other professional chefs. Although she didn’t win the game show but her skills, creativity and beauty has caught the eye of the entire nation. And that’s when her career as Chef Song began. As she continues to have public appearance her popularity grew rapidly becoming the most voted goddess that men would want to married. Victoria’s popularity continues to grow as she age showing more scent of a woman. Even though raising four kids at a young age and alone was tough but Victoria didn’t regret taking them in. She loves each one of her kids and treated them as her own.

 

Victoria walked out of the studio building, onto the busy street just like a normal citizen. She had put on a light makeup that it can be mistaken as a bare face and wore a one piece long dress with denim jacket and a brown leather stache bag. Looking at the time it was still early and the kids are still in school. She decided to head over to the supermarket and spend her time shopping for tonight’s dinner. Walking on the busy street there are constantly people whom walked pass and stared at Victoria, some even pointed their finger at her and whispering something to the person beside. Victoria was so used to it that she can act so carefree and smile at them. She walked to where the bus stop is and already there is a long queue. Waiting at the queue are mostly house wives and old men. Once Victoria joins the queue the house wife standing beside the famous Chef Song was stunned. She thought her eyes were playing tricks on her that she had to glance at the girl a couple more times to confirm. But not believing the famous Chef Song is taking a public bus and waiting in the queue the house wife doubted.

 

“Excuse me are you Chef Song?” The house wife carefully asked not being sure if she was the famous Chef Song.

 

“Yes I am.” Victoria answered with a friendly smile.

 

“OH MY GOD! I AM YOUR FAN!” The house wife squealed like a little fangirl jumping up and down that she dropped her bags of ingredients on the ground. The suddenly loud squeal caught the attention of the entire queue, all heads curiously turns toward where the famous Chef Song is. Victoria awkwardly smiled and waved her hand at the pairs of eyes staring at her.

 

“OH MY GOD!” Seconds later more squealing can be heard and soon the queue turned into a crowd all surrounding the famous Chef Song.

 

“Can I please have your autograph!?”

 

“Can you take a photo with me!?”

“I LOVE YOU!”

 

“OH MY FGKJHKSJHFHKJFHKJSHFHJFH GOD!”

 

”MARRY ME!”

 

Words are being said in all directions that Victoria didn’t know where to look. She took the pen and paper that was shoved in front of her, signed it and as soon she did that it disappeared amongst the crowd of hands. The situation lasted for a long five minutes that even though the bus has arrived at the stop nobody cares.

 

“The bus came!” Victoria shouted and pointed.

 

Out of reflex everyone who was waiting for the bus turns their head to the direction where Victoria pointed. They saw the bus stopped by and door opened but nobody wanting to hop on anymore. When their head turns back to the famous Chef Song, the spot in the middle was empty and she cannot be found anymore.

 

“Where did she go?” The people made a big commotion and all searching for the famous Chef Song. The crowd split with all turning their head everywhere but unfortunately they could not find her.

 

The truth was Victoria sneaked onto the bus at the split second when everyone turns their back in the middle. Victoria heaved a sigh out feeling relief she manage to slip away from the crowd. She found a seat all the way at the back and dips her head low to prevent another commotion. It would be worse if it’s inside the bus. Luckily the ride was peaceful and nobody actually realize a famous chef was on the bus. Victoria hops off the bus and right in front of her was her local supermarket that she is so familiar with that she even recognizes the work staffs’ face and name.

 

“Good evening Niel.” Victoria greeted the cute boy who is carrying boxes of oranges ready to place them are the table.

 

“Oh good evening noona!” The boy stopped his action and smiled brightly.

 

Victoria grabbed a trolley and she began pushing the empty trolley as her eyes scan across the shelves. She would grab whatever caught her attention without thinking what kind of dinner she is making tonight. In the end she would just make whatever she had brought and this is one of the amazing skills Victoria has.

 

She walks into each aisle carefully looking at the products.

 

“Oh Amber loves these biscuits and it’s on sale.” She mumbled to herself and eyes lit up seeing the sale tag. She quickly grabbed two boxes and putting them in her trolley. She continued to walk and pushing the trolley.

 

“I need to buy more beef Soojung wouldn’t be happy if we ran out of beef.” Once again she mumbled to herself and grabbed ten packs of beef meat in the freezer.

 

After taking her time in the supermarket purchasing all the food that her kids like she went to the cash register to pay for it. Waiting in the queue her thoughts wander whether all these foods are enough knowing that her kids are big eaters. It was her turn to pay and the staff immediately recognized the familiar customer. But Victoria’s mind was somewhere else that she didn’t greet the staff back like usual.

 

“Oh I forgot to buy coke. Amber has been craving for them since last night.” Like a light bolt lit up Victoria ran back to the aisle leaving the cashier girl giggling at the cute act of the older woman. In a lightning speed Victoria came back with a two liters bottle of coke. Being a regular customer at supermarkets Victoria always has her recycling bags ready in her handbag. She brought them out and the cashier girl helps putting them inside.

 

Victoria came out with two hands filled with her shopping bags and a satisfied smile pasted on her face. She was now on her way home and she walked pass a local lingerie store that caught her attention with the big red sale sign hanging. She stopped by and thought for a moment before stepping her foot inside. The owner of the store immediately greeted Victoria promoting the products that’s on sale and what kind of discount she could get with what purchase. Victoria thanked the owner and look at the lingerie on her own.

 

“Ah… Luna needed new .” Victoria remembered and starts searching for the style that her second oldest daughter likes. She walks to the area where it sells the lacey type -the type that Luna likes that perfectly reflects her mature personality. She went through the rack picking out ones for Luna. As she moves on Victoria spotted other that were on sale.

 

“Oh my god so cheap.” She whispered to herself after peeping at the price. Being the mother of four kids Victoria couldn’t help and purchase more for her kids. She picked out ones with cartoon prints on for Sulli, plain colours for Soojung and boxers type for Amber. In the end her arms were filled with and the owner was happy to see a big purchase.

 

Victoria walked out of the lingerie store and was surprised that she spent over two hours inside choosing for her kids. She quickly walks home doubling the speed of her usual pace. She finally arrived home since she haven’t got a hand to dug her keys out she pressed the doorbell with her elbow. She waited for almost a minute before the door opens revealing her second oldest daughter.

 

“What took you so long?” Victoria complained and walks inside slipping her shoe off.

 

Sitting at the couch were her kids eating chips and biscuits while watching Pororo.

 

The four kids looked at each other not knowing how to answer their umma’s question. The truth was the three of them were yelling “open the door” to each other for almost a minute until Luna came walking out from her bedroom. Just by looking at their faces Victoria knew the answer and so she dropped the question. She places all the shopping bags on the kitchen bench and then massaged her sore arms.

 

“Umma let me help you.” Sulli jumped up and walked over to Victoria massaging her arms.

 

“Umma let me help you too.” Krystal followed jumping off the couch and massaged Victoria’s shoulders.

 

“Aigoo my good kids.” Victoria complimented.

 

Luna was already in the kitchen helping to put away the new brought ingredients to where it belongs. Seeing the situation how everyone is up to their umma Amber also got up. She helped Luna to unpack the shopping bags.

 

“What’s this?” Amber grabbed the unknown plastic bag that surely doesn’t seem to be food. She opens the plastic bag and peep her head inside to see what it was.

 

“Ah I brought new for everyone.” Victoria answered and grabbed the plastic bag off from Amber.

 

The kitchen bench was now emptied and Victoria took the new brought placing them on the kitchen bench. She spread them out and then sorting them out in styles. “Luna’s lacey, Amber’s boxers, Sulli’s cartoon and Soojung’s plain coloured.” She said and shoved the bunch to each of them.

 

Amber immediately grabbed hers and shyly she shoved them under her shirt not wanting her sisters to see them.

 

“You don’t need to hide them it’s not like we haven’t seen them before.” Soojung rolled her eyes.

 

“This is so cute!” Sulli shouted and held one of her cartoon up in the air showing it to her sisters.

 

“Alright kids go put your away.” Victoria clapped her hands and shooed the kids away. She rolled her denim sleeves up and began cooking dinner for her kids. 

 

 

-----

A/N: Fast update right? Sorry this fic is fun to write but don't worry I will also update my other fic (this week). 

As I said, this fic is kind of random but I hope you would find it fun to read.

And guys did you see the fanart poster for this fic? It's cute right?

Thanks to babujjung for drawing such a cute fanart poster for my fic.